300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Valley Authority

Anyone one Hired on with these guys if so let me know because I have continuously called the recruiter and he is harder to get in touch with than the U.S.Marshals. I heard and have identified that they attend the same class as the Bureau of Land Management which is hectic 18 weeks. Someone hit me back and let me know what is going on and why they haven't called. Is it the Good Ol' Boy system Ohhh S---- WoW dealt with them before.

Tva

Topsy Krets,

The TVA Police can be a difficult catch. When the agency does post it's open positions, a large amount of resumes/applications are received. It does help (as with any other position) to know someone on the inside. I do not know your background or experience level; however, the TVA Police is not the job for a younger applicant looking to chase criminals and achieve a high record of arrests. An officer's primary responsibility is the protection of assigned facilities and TVA personnel. Supervisors discourage pro-active measures (not related to the agency's primary responsibilities)- issuing traffic citations on the interstate.

Officers do attend a basic uniformed law enforcement training program at Glynco; have full arrest authority in every state assigned (Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, etc.); all equipment is issued, including a take-home vehicle; and overtime is available for those who desire it.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT Lt View Post
      Topsy Krets,

The TVA Police can be a difficult catch. When the agency does post it's open positions, a large amount of resumes/applications are received. It does help (as with any other position) to know someone on the inside. I do not know your background or experience level; however, the TVA Police is not the job for a younger applicant looking to chase criminals and achieve a high record of arrests. An officer's primary responsibility is the protection of assigned facilities and TVA personnel. Supervisors discourage pro-active measures (not related to the agency's primary responsibilities)- issuing traffic citations on the interstate.

Officers do attend a basic uniformed law enforcement training program at Glynco; have full arrest authority in every state assigned (Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, etc.); all equipment is issued, including a take-home vehicle; and overtime is available for those who desire it.

Hey..SRT I have done Security since 1989, I have just recently turned 38yrs old I have been with DON for 2yrs as a 0083 which in many instances doesn't really count for anything even though it's the department of defense. I also attended a Police academy back in 1999 In Louisiana, with 4yrs in the United States Army, and Corrections for the Georgia Department of Corrections. My Buddy is in the Academy for Bureau of Land Management and he has a 21yr old that was hired with TVA how the heck did that happen. It's definitely the Good ol'boy system. Hit me back with any further developements SRT.

Comment

It's not the Bureau of Land Management academy. It's LMPT, or Land Management Police Training, which the BLM also happens to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox402 View Post
          It's not the Bureau of Land Management academy. It's LMPT, or Land Management Police Training, which the BLM also happens to attend.

Thats correct it is the Land Management Program, 18 weeks which has recently been reviewed and i believe cut down to 16 weeks. The departments that make up this academy is TVA police, BLM, USFS, NPS, and the USFW.

Comment

Wow! Somebody resurrected an old thread. I'm in LMPT right now for BLM and have 5 TVAP in my class. We are the last class with the 18 week schedule. The next class will be about 15 weeks.

Comment

Congrats on the BLM job, have several friends that work for BLM and seem to really like it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11279 users online. 461 members and 10818 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X