Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in a career in Law Enforcement.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in a career in Law Enforcement.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm sure this type of question has been asked but I wanted to give you guys a brief description of my background so that you may be able to answer my question as it relates to me.

The quick version....
    -31yrs old
    -I've worked in the business world since college and realizing that it's just not for me.
    -B.S. degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
    -Currently work as a Bond Trader for a brokerage firm. I've been in this field since graduating from college.
    -No previous Law enforcement experience or military experience to speak of.
    -Not sure if this matters or not but I have just a little experience with firearms. Own a GLOCK 19 for home protection and range shooting. Have taken the NRA basic pistol course as well as my local CCW class. I only state this just to make the point that I'm willing and feel comfortable learning about and carrying a firearm.

What i'm intersted in....
    I'd like to learn about agencies who deal with fraud cases, money crimes, internet crimes, etc. I've always been interested in that area so I'd like to see if my background would at least be enough to get me in the door somewhere. I guess I'm just concerned because I don't have previous experience in this type of field. I'm also looking for suggestions from you guys on which agencies might be a good fit.

Thanks for your time and I'm sorry if this type of question has been asked a million times!

Have a good look at the FBI.
    Your degree might be one of those they look for, and by what you have described as your interests it would be a right fit.
    Good Luck, and freshen up all your math skills before taking the test
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Have a good look at the FBI.
      Your degree might be one of those they look for, and by what you have described as your interests it would be a right fit.
      Good Luck, and freshen up all your math skills before taking the test
      You don't need to know the math skills for the FBI test. That section has been removed.

Look at www.ignet.gov for all the Inspector General agencies that you might be interested in. They even have vacancy announcements too

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1977 View Post
        Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm sure this type of question has been asked but I wanted to give you guys a brief description of my background so that you may be able to answer my question as it relates to me.

The quick version....
        -31yrs old
        -I've worked in the business world since college and realizing that it's just not for me.
        -B.S. degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
        -Currently work as a Bond Trader for a brokerage firm. I've been in this field since graduating from college.
        -No previous Law enforcement experience or military experience to speak of.
        -Not sure if this matters or not but I have just a little experience with firearms. Own a GLOCK 19 for home protection and range shooting. Have taken the NRA basic pistol course as well as my local CCW class. I only state this just to make the point that I'm willing and feel comfortable learning about and carrying a firearm.

What i'm intersted in....
        I'd like to learn about agencies who deal with fraud cases, money crimes, internet crimes, etc. I've always been interested in that area so I'd like to see if my background would at least be enough to get me in the door somewhere. I guess I'm just concerned because I don't have previous experience in this type of field. I'm also looking for suggestions from you guys on which agencies might be a good fit.

Thanks for your time and I'm sorry if this type of question has been asked a million times!
        Do what another poster said and check out the FBI, your financial backround is exactly what they are looking for right now. Also check about the Secrect Service, as a SA for them you will spend the first part of your career investigating identify theft, credit card fraud, counterfeiting and other financial crimes. If you want to focus solely on those types of crimes a federal agency is a better way to go for you.

Comment

The FBI sounds right up your alley, but there are so many agencies that you could look at. You should check out the United States Office of Personnel Management website and search for criminal investigator (1811) openings. There is a link to the site at:
          Peaceofficerjobs.com - Law Enforcement Officer Jobs and How to Get One.

Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13136 users online. 450 members and 12686 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X