300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input/advice needed on PHS

Some quick facts about me: I'm 35 and have lived in southern California since late 1996.

The questions from my PHS (for SDPD):
    Have you ever failed to appear in court on a traffic citation or parking citation?

Have you ever had a warrant issued for you regarding a traffic citation or parking citation?

My concerns:
    I was certain I had an FTA regarding some sort of citation(s), I think it was unpaid parking cites or something along that line. I remember the police showing up at my parents' house and arresting me on a bench warrant due to the FTA. This would have happened around 1992 or 93 making me 18 or 19 years old.

I have contacted the local sheriff's department (Baltimore County) twice in the past week to try and get the exact dates or any other info about these incidents. Both times I have been told that I have nothing on my record, civil or criminal.

Now, obviously I need to address these in my PHS but if the BCSD has no record of them, is the BI going to find anything on them beyond what I include? I can't recall the exact dates nor do I know the exact outcome (I'm guessing it was a fine).

Is listing something and then not having it appear on a record the same as not listing something but having the BI find later?

I should also point out that the person from the BCSD also asked me if I have a current MD license. I do not and have not since about 1999. She then said something to the effect of I would not have a record there [in Maryland] now. That doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone else ever heard anything like that? Or maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding on her or my part?

Originally posted by mobtown View Post
    Some quick facts about me: I'm 35 and have lived in southern California since late 1996.

The questions from my PHS (for SDPD):
    Have you ever failed to appear in court on a traffic citation or parking citation?

Have you ever had a warrant issued for you regarding a traffic citation or parking citation?

My concerns:
    I was certain I had an FTA regarding some sort of citation(s), I think it was unpaid parking cites or something along that line. I remember the police showing up at my parents' house and arresting me on a bench warrant due to the FTA. This would have happened around 1992 or 93 making me 18 or 19 years old.

I have contacted the local sheriff's department (Baltimore County) twice in the past week to try and get the exact dates or any other info about these incidents. Both times I have been told that I have nothing on my record, civil or criminal.

Now, obviously I need to address these in my PHS but if the BCSD has no record of them, is the BI going to find anything on them beyond what I include? I can't recall the exact dates nor do I know the exact outcome (I'm guessing it was a fine).

Is listing something and then not having it appear on a record the same as not listing something but having the BI find later?

I should also point out that the person from the BCSD also asked me if I have a current MD license. I do not and have not since about 1999. She then said something to the effect of I would not have a record there [in Maryland] now. That doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone else ever heard anything like that? Or maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding on her or my part?
    The rule of thumb here is to list any arrests. On your PHS, show the arrest, and come as close as you can to the actual date, times, etc. It's possible,that since you're no longer a MD resident, and these are traffic related violations, that your arrest/fines are off the computerized system. They could probably still be retrieved in an "off-line" search. That shouldn't worry you. Simply show the arrests on your PHS. You'll have ample opportunity to explain the situation to a BI. Similar situations come up fairly often.

Comment

When I was 16, I got in a wreck less than a month after getting my driver's license. I hit and smoked another car. Front page of the paper and everything. My mom loves showing that to my wife.

Instead of a ticket, I had to appear in juvenile court. Unbeknownst to me, the Judge and my mother were friends from high school. He told me my driver's license was suspended for 20 days, and pending satisfactory completion of that time, I could have it back without a fine. It was also strongly "suggested" that I visit the elderly at a local nursing home as community service. I did.

When I applied to the Nevada HP later in life, I fully disclosed this incident. No record of it existed in any record. The judge had simply put my license in his drawer for 3 weeks. It was not officially suspended (you gotta love small town Minnesota), but it did the trick.

I continue to disclose it, even though it never officially happened. That is part of "full disclosure." It can only serve to increase your credibility.
      Last edited by BigTrooper; 06-28-2008, 05:28 AM.
      Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10912 users online. 551 members and 10361 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X