Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Law Enforcement Career.

Greetings,

Does anyone have any comments, concerns, snide remarks, or info. pertaining to TPD.
    Last edited by peytons_dad; 07-23-2008, 12:20 PM.

Originally posted by peytons_dad View Post
    Greetings,

I'm a 38 yr. old male in northern Wisconsin seeking agencies (in a warmer climate) to apply with. I am currently waiting on a local Tribal agency but that depends on Tribal funding. I have 51 college credits, a other than honorable discharge, and have a clean record. I was to take exam in Chicago this fall, if the city is to have exam but do not think I'll make age requirement do to length of processing. I've been considering MiamiDade and Mesa PDs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Reading your post, I see two potential problems. Your age, which won't be a problem with many agencies, but will be with others. The other than Honorable Discharge looms as a major potential problem with most, if not all departments. A General Discharge under Honorable Conditions, is usually acceptable, but OTH is usually a killer. Do not merely take my word for that though. Do some research, and check into departments which interest you. Speak to a Recruiter, or a knowlegeable Officer regarding the department's requirements.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

BPA is hiring like crazy and they will take applicants up to age 40. You can go work in nice warm weather along the southern boarder too. And the applicant process is fairly quick by federal standards.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9411 users online. 429 members and 8982 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X