300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to FLETC?

If you opt to drive down to FLETC instead of fly, will the agency who sponsors you reimburse miliage? Or do they give you the equivilant of what the airline ticket would have cost? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by VT04 View Post
    If you opt to drive down to FLETC instead of fly, will the agency who sponsors you reimburse miliage? Or do they give you the equivilant of what the airline ticket would have cost? Thanks in advance!
    It may depend on the agency, but my agency reimbursed me for the mileage. The catch is this - even if the $ amount for mileage is more than the cost of airline tickets, they will still only give you a maximum of what it would have cost the government for airline tickets.

Comment

They SHOULD give you either the cost of mileage or the cost of airfare.

Keep in mind that if you drive they'll only reimburse mileage up to the cost of the airfare, so if you drive in from Guam or Alaska you'll likely end up paying out of pocket for part of the trip.

Comment

Another thing...

There's no guarantee that you'll be approved leave to drive long distances.

Which FLETC are you asking about? Glynco is more vehicle-friendly than Artesia, or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          There's no guarantee that you'll be approved leave to drive long distances.

Which FLETC are you asking about? Glynco is more vehicle-friendly than Artesia, or so I've heard.
          Yes, I was talking about Glynco. I would be doing the drive from the Washington DC metro area. I am assuming it is the standard $.485/mile.

I have to drop my dogs off a little south of Columbia, SC on the way down and pick them up on the return trip so driving would be the best thing for me. With regards to leave, would they allow me to drive up to Columbia every weekend?

Comment

With regards to leave, would they allow me to drive up to Columbia every weekend?
            If you have Sat/Sun off, you don't need leave. Just be in your seat in class Monday am.
            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
              If you have Sat/Sun off, you don't need leave. Just be in your seat in class Monday am.
              Excellent. Thank you Sir.

Comment

With regards to leave, would they allow me to drive up to Columbia every weekend?
                There were several people in my class who would drive home on the weekends, and not even get back til early Monday morning. Like GoldBadge said, as long as your butt's in the seat Monday a.m., you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat View Post
                  There were several people in my class who would drive home on the weekends, and not even get back til early Monday morning. Like GoldBadge said, as long as your butt's in the seat Monday a.m., you'll be fine.
                  Did the instructors let them leave Friday evening after class? What time did your classes typically end?

Comment

POV's at FLETC-Artesia

Glynco is more vehicle-friendly than Artesia, or so I've heard.
                    Actually, Artesia has lots of parking room for POV's. They just make it sound like there's only 10 spots on center in their letters. I was in Bldg. 33 (a new one with single rooms, flat-panel TV's, etc. ) and the general parking lot by the building was almost not used at all (with at least hundred open spots or so). There were a couple of other lots like this as well.

Just a quick FYI for any attending FLETC-Art.

- Steve
                    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

Did the instructors let them leave Friday evening after class? What time did your classes typically end?
                      Classes typically end at 4:30 PM and once class is over, you're on your own until your next scheduled class, which in this case, would be Monday am.

Comment

At Glynco you can come and leave as you like. Many people go out to the islands or eat outside the base every afternoon. There are FLETC officers at the main gate 24 hrs so there are no worries if you come back late.

Also save all your receipts from laundry services, calling cards etc. I got paid for those too.

Comment

Originally posted by toughjerseyguy
                          It never ceases to amaze me that people continually refer to FLETC as a "Base"??? It is not a "Base", it is a Law Enforcement Training Center. What Gives?
                          I've been to FLETC for various training over a dozen times. I still refer to it as "The Base." If you've ever been there, it still feels like a base.

Comment

Keep in mind that if you drive they'll only reimburse mileage up to the cost of the airfare, so if you drive in from Guam or Alaska you'll likely end up paying out of pocket for part of the trip.

If you try to drive in from Guam, you'll be paying out of pocket for a lot more things...
                            Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

GUAM!!!! Is there a bridge built that I don't know of? LOL. I totally missed that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8060 users online. 366 members and 7694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X