300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State or Federal LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS

I would like to go into State or federal Law Enforcement in the Texas and surrounding state areas. If anyone that work for a state/ federal agency, could give some advice I appreciate it. I have no preference of which state or federal agency. FYI I have 8 years of law enforcement with a law enforcement degree.
    GUNNS
    SWAT:Que tampoco sale estamos vienen en!

Which agency you work at, was it hard to get on? I like the Marshal Service, and the DEA, but first come first served with any of the agencies. Im cool with the moving around part.
    GUNNS

Comment

This also depends on the kind of experience you have in law enforcement, if any, and your educational attainment.

If you don't have experience or a college degree, you would be wise to look at a county sheriff's office in Texas, even as a detention deputy at first, then work your way into a patrol position with the same sheriff's office, a local PD, or with the Texas HP or SP.

And if you don't have a degree my advice is begin it now and do while you're getting more experience. Your options will be severely limited without it.
      "This country cannot afford to be materially rich and spiritually poor." JFK

Comment

You want to go Federal and want to stay in Texas you should look into the Border Patrol. More than likely you will get back there and you won't have to move. They are hiring around 10,000 new agents in the next 3 years. Quick process, good pay and experience. You will more than likely get to stay in Texas throughout your career.

Comment

Anyone work for a State Agency like TABC, OIG, AG Office or a Campus Police Officer? I am trying out for one after years on the street as a patrol officer. Street patrol gets old fast unless your a rookie officer. For you whom work for a State Agency, how does it feel to work in Heavan versus the same old dangerous patrol and reports on the streets?
          GUNNS

Comment

You live in Texas, Border Patrol Agents have been hiring like crazy,, I'm sure they would almost guarantee that you stayed in Texas, with all the openings they have... As far as other jobs, you have to be more specific, what do you want to do ??? Uniformed cop, investigator, undercover stuff,,, IG/Internal affairs,,,, what are you interested in ????? Also where do you or are you willing to travel, anywhere, or do you want to stay in TX ??????

Comment

TX State Agencies

One of the problems I see with TX State Agencies is the pay. It is pretty low compared to most large municipal or county agencies. All the state agency peace officers get paid around the same. Most, if not all, TX State Agencies pay once a month also. It also depends on what you feel like working. TABC is a good agency with some action depending where you work out of. Most TABC Agents work nights with a day or two for admin stuff or follow ups. They are a specialized agency with administrative powers in the alcohol business. AG Investigators work a lot a white collar crime, child support, medicaid fraud, and a few cyber crimes. You got to ask yourself what you want to do.

Comment

I'm interested in TABC and AG. Anybody works for TABC. What is it like???
                GUNNS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4801 users online. 184 members and 4617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X