300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there hope?

I need to know if I am wasting my time. I am currentley filling out my background packet for nypd. I just moved to NY and was a corrections officer for a county sheriff's office for two years(2005-2008) in Ohio. I have a B.A. in criminal justice and no criminal convictions. However I was not a perfect angel. I have expiermented with drugs. I am worried that if I admit to the use (cocaine, marijuana) which was 5 years ago (mainly while in college) I will be disqualfied. Is there hope that my law enforcement expeirence will override all that
    Last edited by grizzley; 06-13-2008, 02:16 PM.

Originally posted by grizzley View Post
    I need to know if I am wasting my time. I am currentley filling out my background packet for nypd. I just moved to NY and was a corrections officer for a county sheriff's office for two years(2005-2008) in Ohio. I have a B.A. in criminal justice and no criminal convictions. However I was not a perfect angel. I have expiermented with drugs. I am worried that if I admit to the use (cocaine, marijuana) which was 5 years ago (mainly while in college) I will be disqualfied. Is there hope that my law enforcement expeirence will override all that
    ehhhhh, If you're applying to the NYPD you might have a chance, especially if you already worked with s SO in a different county. I say go through the process and see what happens. If you call the recruiter, depending on the recruiter you might get the right answer or the wrong answer or they won't have a clue, because I've met plenty of NYPD recruiter that don't have a single clue.
    Last edited by John2008; 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by grizzley View Post
      Did you admit it to the sheriffs department that you worked for?
      Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
      sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10447 users online. 484 members and 9963 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X