• Show
Clear All

• Need advice about prior LSD experimentation

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by womo1975; 03-22-2009, 03:17 AM. Reason: no reason

Originally posted by womo1975 View Post
    What is Fairfax County's drug policy for prior drug use
    Originally posted by From the Fairfax County PD website
    Illegal drug use will be reviewed with respect to recenct use, type of drug, and frequency of use
    http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/police4a.htm

Contact info is on that page.....best thing to do is call/email and get it straight from the source.....

And as UP On Base stated.....most Agencies will not allow even one time use of LSD.....

Comment

marijuana is like the ONLY "acceptable" drug.....and when i say that i dont mean it was right to use it at all. and even using marijuana you have to wait 3-5 years out here in california untill they will consider you in backgrounds. call the background/recruitment division of the PD you are applying to....ask them. They wont tell you specifically, but from the dialog of conversation, they will be able to determine if you should apply or not waste your time.

Comment

You've chosen one of THE most picky police departments I can think of. Even with applicants who have NO prior substance use. So take that for what it's worth.

But I wouldn't let that stop you. Even if they snub you, try other agencies. There are lots of departments that won't hold this stuff against you, if it falls outside a certain time period. Even in Virginia.
        "This country cannot afford to be materially rich and spiritually poor." JFK

Comment

Its a DQ here in NY for some departments.

Comment

Hey 1919 can you recommend some of the agencies you are speaking of?

Comment

Originally posted by 1919 View Post
              There are lots of departments that won't hold this stuff against you.
              Not to be an ***....but please show me some agencies in NVA that will allow LSD usage....even one time.....?

I don't think there are any.....as ALL NVA agencies are very selective due to the amount of well qualified folks that apply for said jobs.....

Hell, poo-dunk towns in Missouri won't even allow drug usage like that.....

Comment

Originally posted by womo1975 View Post
                Hey 1919 can you recommend some of the agencies you are speaking of?

That's going to be trial and error on your part.....I don't have a list in my head......and never said it was specifically in Northern Virginia.

Try smaller departments like Colonial Beach.

Otherwise, if someone can post a list of departments who have specific written policies which DQ anyone who has used this drug once, I'd love to see that.

Whenever you deal with prominent departments, like Fairfax, and you have these issues, you're going to have problems. However, smaller departments are often more flexible because they need to be.

It's going to be work on your part but nobody said it would be easy.......you might even have to move. But if you want it bad enough, you will.

Even the federal SF86 isn't going to hold any drug usage beyond the scope of the investigation against you. They don't even ask about it.
                Last edited by 1919; 06-13-2008, 01:20 PM.
                "This country cannot afford to be materially rich and spiritually poor." JFK

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5714 users online. 230 members and 5484 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X