300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Park Police

Besides what the Web Site says, whats the deal with them?

A lot of fixed post? or more mobile?
    Transfer program for Capitol Officers, D.C. Metro and Secret Service U.D. or do you have to go through whole training and restart salery?
    Internally, is the Dept. good to work for or alot of issues?

Any help in this would be appreciated?

Originally posted by timtim View Post

Transfer program for Capitol Officers,NO D.C. Metro and Secret Service U.D. or do you have to go through whole training and restart salery?

Check the Washington DC/Federal section and every question you want answered about USPP,USCP, and MPD are in there
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Some of the guys I work with came from there. They say its not bad at all, you will be doing fixed post but they also have patrol, horseback detail, undercover, K-9 and so on. I believe they go to FLETC then of course they have their own training. D.C. Metro will make you go through their academy and besides having FLETC I believe you will still have to go through the entire process with all other government agencies. I have never heard of them letting you transfer.
      You do not greet death, you punch him repeatedly in the throat until he drags you away...

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
        Check the Washington DC/Federal section and every question you want answered about USPP,USCP, and MPD are in there
        Thanks, never checked that area good stuff!

Comment

Does anybody know anything about the process, I just applied for them. Is it long and drawn out or are they pretty quick with getting things done

Comment

Originally posted by timtim View Post

Transfer program for Capitol Officers, D.C. Metro and Secret Service U.D. or do you have to go through whole training and restart salery?

There are a lot of fixed posts, but they do a lot more police work than most, if not all, other federal uniformed agencies. But their priority is monument protection, they'll pull guys assigned to patrol off the road if the monuments aren't well enough protected. That's according to OIG. The up side, seeing as it's a fed agency, it naturally draws it's share of "dead wood", who prefer 'working' a post.

I haven't been given a definitive answer on pay matching, but everyone I talk to says they start at the same base pay (52k or something like that) regardless of where you're coming from, regardless if you're already federal. I'm sure they'll take UPTP, but not accept any state academies.

As far as internal issues, if you're thinking of applying, I strongly suggest you go to http://www.doioig.gov/ and read the OIG assessment of the Park Police, it's right on the front page. That will let you know what you're getting into & give you info that recruiters and others who want to pimp PPD may not tell you. That's not to say it will convince you not to apply. PPD is still a good gig and most of the issues in there aren't too important for the regular patrol officer, IMO. But some issues may be important to you, and it will help you make an informed decision.
            Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I got rejected for living too far away, but USSS & USCP seem interested as did USPP a while back. I live about 70 miles north in MD. Sounds like a fair/good gig, esp. to start.
              trainee

Comment

Originally posted by flyfrog View Post
                I got rejected for living too far away, but USSS & USCP seem interested as did USPP a while back. I live about 70 miles north in MD. Sounds like a fair/good gig, esp. to start.
                They have a residency requirement?
                Semper Fi

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8338 users online. 276 members and 8062 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X