300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps 1811

FPS 1811 positions just posted on usajobs.. Does anyone have any information or thoughts on this position? Has anyone applied in the past?

I applied last month. I hear this position is gonna be pretty competitive.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

I saw an FPS opening last month, is this the same position? I didnt think the FPS postings last month were for 1811 Investigators.

Comment

what's FPS?

Comment

ICE, Federal Protective Service

Comment

Here is the real question, what does ICE have to do with FPS?
            That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

FPS used to be under GSA, now it falls under ICE, check ICE.gov for more details

Comment

I know that; I was being facectious.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                  Remember when they wanted to put FAMS under ICE...that didn't make much sense either.

Do ICE SA's still train in GA for almost 6 months? That is horrible...I felt bad for those guys but it's a great gig.
                  We (FAMS) were under ICE for awhile. It went FAA-ICE-FAA-TSA-DHS-TSA
                  You do not greet death, you punch him repeatedly in the throat until he drags you away...

Comment

Do ICE SA's still train in GA for almost 6 months? That is horrible...I felt bad for those guys but it's a great gig.

Yep. I went to GA (FLETC) for ICE SA training (CITP and ICE-SAT) last summer and gotta say it was a piece of cake. I went to a REAL police academy (sorry my fellow ICE SA's) back in the early 90's so FLETC was easy. Hot, sunny weather and plenty of beaches within 15 min from base? Can't beat that

Comment

I hardest thing about being at FLETC is the summer heat, fire ants, and being away from the family.

Personally I would like to see FLETC crack down a little, that place is out of control. I am not sure military type drill is needed but the parent all agencies should hold their people more accountable.

Note -- There are some agencies run a tight ship (USSS, ATF, USPP, FPS, USCP , and some others) but there are some other agencies there that think it's a paid vacation. I stayed in the Taj, there were some CBP guys drinking every night in the pool...I loved seeing beer cans every morning going to the chow hall.
                      I dunno, I was there from April til September and I actually loved the heat! But I grew up in the desert where it was 110-115 in the summer so maybe that's got something to do with it. lol.

You're right, they need to crack down. There was a group of guys near my dorm who would be outside their room getting trashed, yelling and screaming, and throwing beer cans out into the parking lot until 2am, 7 days a week. Almost every night the "FLETC 5-O" would show up and shut them down. But they'd be back out the next night, and the next night, and nothing ever happend to them.

Comment

Ok so I guess this thread is working it's way into the ICE 1811 thread. Has anyone else applied for this position. I did the whole thing online with the application manager. The annoucement says selections will be made 90s days from the closing, could this be true for an 1811 position?

Comment

I noticed the annoucement does not mention anything about GL pay or LEAP.

Comment

I cant imagine you wouldnt get LEAP with this job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9386 users online. 440 members and 8946 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X