300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph Anxiety

I am set to take the Polygraph exam on Friday morning at 9. I am stressing about this alot! I have never done any drug other than over the counter or perscription. The problem is that I have been exposed to them and have been with people that were doing them. Nothing hard though. I had a boyfriend that lit up his weed in front of me once when I was 16. I also found a stash of weed once at a house I was babysitting at when I was 13. And I had a friend when I was 13 that would raid women's purses for their pills. I never smoked or took pills that didnt belong to me, but I still have a guilty feeling just for having been around them. Im afraid that it will show that I feel guilty when Im tested. Any advice? I have never taken a Polygraph before and don't know what to expect. Thanks in advance!!
    Passed EVOC 12/17/2008
    Took oath of office 12/19/2008
    Started FTO phase one 12/24/2008

You just need to relax and be upfront and honest during the whole process. As long as you're not hiding anything you should be ok.

Comment

You need to tell your test administrator all of that. I had my first one last week and was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up. I had friends who did drugs in high school and some that even sold, but I told the administrator all of that up front. After I told him all of that he asked if I was still nervous and I wasn't.....telling him all of that really took the stress of the situation off me. Bottom line, tell them EVERYTHING before you get hooked up and you have nothing to worry about.
      Last edited by VT04; 06-11-2008, 08:58 AM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by VT04 View Post
        You need to tell your test administrator all of that. I had my first one last week and was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up. I had friends who did drugs in high school and some that even sold, but I told the administrator all of that up front. After I told him all of that he asked if I was still nervous and I wasn't.....telling him all of that really took the stress of the situation off me. Bottom line, tell them EVERYTHING before you get hooked up and you have nothing to worry about.

+1.
        Put it all out there before you get hooked up. Being stressed is part of the process. Just be honest and get a good nights sleep before your poly.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

I have read on here that most of the other depts have given a pre-poly packet or a chance to make a written statement. I have asked around about this for the dept I am trying for and everyone has said there is nothing like that. The guy testing me is a Lt on the dept that works in Internal Affairs. I plan to be honest. I just really want this job and am so close that I have even been told when to show up for the Hire and Review Board. I have heard of people being honest and still failing and vice versa. Thanks for all this advice!
          Passed EVOC 12/17/2008

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but I am also going to have to this, and I am on the other side of the fence, where I have smoked pot after the age of 21, nothing harder then that though. I have driven when I should not have, is this all some thing I need to bring up before hand or just be honest when tho's questions come?

Comment

Tell them in your application packet, tell them in your initial interview, tell the polygraph examiner when you do your interview with him, and then tell the truth when you are hooked up to the machine and you should be fine. If you hold anything back you will not pass because you will be thinking about what you held back the entire time you are hooked up.

Comment

Thanks, sounds good. I plan on being upfront all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by k_fisher View Post
                  Not to hijack the thread, but I am also going to have to this, and I am on the other side of the fence, where I have smoked pot after the age of 21, nothing harder then that though. I have driven when I should not have, is this all some thing I need to bring up before hand or just be honest when tho's questions come?
                  You should always come clean with anything and everything. Just because it's not asked doesn't mean they do not know about it. They could be waiting to see if you have the honesty to admit your mistake or if you'll cover it up at all costs. If you cannot be truthful in this process how can they know if you'll be an honest officer once you're on the force.

Comment

Very true, I agree 100%. Plus I hate trying to hide stuff from any one, so I will let them know right up front and hope they see that I have stoped that part of my life even tho it was a very small part, I have smoked less then 10 times in the past 6 years, it was a very once in a while sort of thing, and now I have picked this as a carrer I want to go after I have to pay the cost of the bad choises I made.

Comment

Just dont worry about it....easier then you think it is...
                      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by lawgrl821 View Post
                        I have read on here that most of the other depts have given a pre-poly packet or a chance to make a written statement. I have asked around about this for the dept I am trying for and everyone has said there is nothing like that. The guy testing me is a Lt on the dept that works in Internal Affairs. I plan to be honest. I just really want this job and am so close that I have even been told when to show up for the Hire and Review Board. I have heard of people being honest and still failing and vice versa. Thanks for all this advice!
                        Lawgrl, best I can tell you is to discuss your concerns with your examiner and try to get some sleep the night before your exam. Good Luck

Comment

Update!

I PASSED!!! The guy said I showed a little bit of deception on the drug usage question, but I was totaly honest with him and he said I passed!! So now on to the Hire and Review Board next Thursday!! I am so excited!!!!!
                          Passed EVOC 12/17/2008

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5629 users online. 189 members and 5440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X