Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my conditional offer and academy start date...think I'm in? SLMPD...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my conditional offer and academy start date...think I'm in? SLMPD...

deleted the content of this thread out of respect for the class. moderators please delete.
    Last edited by wannabeMOcop; 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM.

deleted the content of this thread out of respect for the class. moderators please delete.
    Last edited by wannabeMOcop; 08-29-2008, 06:22 PM. Reason: none

Comment

A conditional offer of employment is just that...an noffer of employment that is conditional. What does the letter say the conditions are?

It's usually a medical.

Oh, and congratulations!
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Did you tell them about your credit and driving history ahead of time so there are no surprises?

Comment

Last edited by wannabeMOcop; 08-29-2008, 06:22 PM. Reason: academy reasons

Comment

Last edited by wannabeMOcop; 08-29-2008, 06:22 PM. Reason: academy

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeMOcop View Post
              SO I went out and spent the last $2000 I have on a flipp'n hearing aid for my left ear, and I passed the medical. Think that kind of devotion will reflect positively?
              I think it's more important that you can now pass the hearing test, than as a sign of devotion.

This may be exactly the condition they have in mind.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                I think it's more important that you can now pass the hearing test, than as a sign of devotion.

This may be exactly the condition they have in mind.

What????

Comment

I think he is referring to the "condition" part of your conditional offer. Look, a conditional offer means they intend to hire you, so long as you are able to complete/pass the remaining steps left in the process. You already told them about the credit and driving issues. They continued to seek you out as a candidate, so apparently none of your prior issues are a big deal with them. Second, if the only other thing was a hearing issues, and you resolved that issue by buying a hearing aid, then you have satisfied that condition also. Satisfying all the "conditions" is better than necessarily going out of your way to show devotion. That's what I think SlowDown meant. In any case, I think you are in good shape.

Keep in mind...try not to get too upset if you don't get the June 23rd academy. That's a very quick turn around. If you don't get this academy date, that doesn't mean you won't get the next one (pardon the double negative). It may just mean they need to iron out a wrinkle or two in your background.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm IN!!! she called me this morning while I was at work, and said to be at the academy 8am sharp June 23rd. Wooooohoooo. What a relief. Glad she told me today and not next week.

Comment

Congrats! Good luck with the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7239 users online. 393 members and 6846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X