300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Police

Does anyone have any update concerning their processing for the FBI Police? I seem to have hit a stand still..... completed the psi/poly beginning of may and not a word since... should I be concerned?

Originally posted by navr1530 View Post
    Does anyone have any update concerning their processing for the FBI Police? I seem to have hit a stand still..... completed the psi/poly beginning of may and not a word since... should I be concerned?
    No need to be concerned. The backround part (interview family, friends, coworkers, etc.) can take a few months. Often they will not let you know if you even passed the poly until you get a call for a EOD (entrance on duty) date. I do warn you however, this is a "standing/sitting on post" job for 12 hours a day often in the elements (weather, tourists, etc.) You are also required to sign a 2 year contract with penalties if you are to leave prior to your two year deal. There are some positives to the jobs but please do your research before joining. Good luck. Hang in there and realize its the government, it takes time.........

Comment

I attended the hiring blitz at the beginning of may and I had my medical exam a few weeks ago. I have not heard anything else. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Comment

They will get in touch with you. They are eagerly looking for new officers. Once your do your medical and your application is in background, it could take anywhere from 6-12 months. If you don't have any major blipps on your record than it should breeze right through.

Also if anyone here is interested, they are having another hiring blitz in New York City in July, so go to the website and contact the recruiter.
        USMS
        Info Session: 3/26/2009
        Interview: 6/1/09
        Conditional Offer: 7/2/09
        Sumbitted e-qip: 7/9/09
        Medical Exam: 7/14/09
        Background Interview: 7/29/09
        Drug Screening: 7/29/09
        FIT Test: 1/6/10 (Passed)
        FLETC: 6/9/10

Comment

DNny86,
          did you do your psi/poly before the medical? and if so, how long was the wait in between each process? all i've heard is how hard they are trying to hire new officers, but it definitely doesn't seem that way. I have been waiting 1.5 months now in between steps.

Comment

DNny86,
            did you do your psi/poly before the medical? and if so, how long was the wait in between each process? all i've heard is how hard they are trying to hire new officers, but it definitely doesn't seem that way. I have been waiting 1.5 months now in between steps.
            Yes, I did my psi & poly about two weeks before my medical and my medical was about 3 weeks ago. I was in contact a couple of times with my BI but that was just because he needed some information about my sf86. I have not heard anything since then. But when I first took my test and interview they said something about wanting to send us to an academy class in August but they were not certain if that was finalized yet.
            I know it takes awhile for this process to be complete and that they have to be very thorough with each applicant, I just wish we would hear something as to how we are doing overall. But I guess no news is good news?

Comment

Well I am right behide you guys, I just did my psi and poly about a week ago. Now I am guessing I need to wait for a call to do my medical. Anything special about that? Is it just a regular check up? Good luck to you all!

Comment

DNny86,

To make matters worse, I finished my background investigation and was sent to adjudication back in March. It has now been 3 months since I heard anything.

I have been able to get in contact with the HR who keeps me informed. Give them a call, they have been very helpful.

the saying no news is good news tends to get quite old after a while. I guess patience is truly a virtue

Good luck

Comment

It seems like there is no rhyme or reason for the way the processing is conducted. If they plan on hiring a group for an August class I would assume things should start to pick up. Although, who knows how many people are in the pipeline that have been waiting for the call. Do you guys think it would be worth it to contact someone about the status of my application?

Comment

It seems like there is no rhyme or reason for the way the processing is conducted. If they plan on hiring a group for an August class I would assume things should start to pick up. Although, who knows how many people are in the pipeline that have been waiting for the call. Do you guys think it would be worth it to contact someone about the status of my application?
                    I have maintained contact with the HR individual handling all the cases. She has been very professional and extremely helpful. I strongly recommend you do.

I was told directly from HR that they will have a class starting 09/22/2008 and graduating in December. They are expecting to have at least 15 in that class.

Good luck

Comment

can you give me contact info....... or does it vary based on what office you are being processed through?

Comment

Originally posted by Quick2352 View Post
                        They will get in touch with you. They are eagerly looking for new officers. Once your do your medical and your application is in background, it could take anywhere from 6-12 months. If you don't have any major blipps on your record than it should breeze right through.

Also if anyone here is interested, they are having another hiring blitz in New York City in July, so go to the website and contact the recruiter.
                        Can anyone link me to page that has the recruiter's contact information? The only page that it is directing me to is this one: http://www.fbijobs.gov/126.asp .
                        NJDOP
                        Written Exam - 93.5
                        NYPD
                        Written Exam (June 2007) - 88

Comment

anyone have any updates on there progress? How is everyone holding out?

Comment

Originally posted by jasoo517 View Post
                            anyone have any updates on there progress? How is everyone holding out?

Still waiting on someone to pick me up..............

I am starting to get desperate.

Comment

For all of you looking at this job, take a look at www.passmanandkaplan.com and hit the link entitled "FBI Wage Claim" . This provides what I think is some vaulable insight into what the Bureau really thinks of its Police Officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6921 users online. 381 members and 6540 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X