300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear.

Looking for advice on what to where to the Entry Level Law Enforcement Exam.

Shirt and tie?
    Casual?

Any advice will help. Thanks
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

The written test? I'd wear "business casual" just to be on the safe side.
    They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks!!

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
      George Carlin

Comment

I just wore regular street clothes every time I have taken a civil service test, now when it came to the hiring process I wore a suit to everything.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
          I just wore regular street clothes every time I have taken a civil service test
          I've heard stories of guys who showed up to the written tests wearing shabby clothes where it bit them in the arse. Mainly in smaller jursidictions where the proctors reported those shabbily dressed.

Comment

I think you can wear anything unless other wise instructed.

For the USSS TEA I was told to be in business attire. BPA - there weren't instructions on the letter of notification for the exam on dress, but I went in with my suit on and sat next to two guys wearing shorts.
            Standing by to stand by

Comment

This test is for the Michigan State Police. I think, to play it safe, I may dress business casual, or even shirt and tie. No penalties for going above and beyond....I dont think anyway.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                I've heard stories of guys who showed up to the written tests wearing shabby clothes where it bit them in the arse. Mainly in smaller jursidictions where the proctors reported those shabbily dressed.
                Yea, but all the agencies I have tested for are pretty decent size agencies to where 3k-20k ppl are being tested and the large percent of people wear regular close, but if it's a small agency I would say wear business attire especially if it says so on the announcement.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6900 View Post
                  This test is for the Michigan State Police. I think, to play it safe, I may dress business casual, or even shirt and tie. No penalties for going above and beyond....I dont think anyway.
                  Better to error on the side of caution.

Comment

better to be overdressed and impress them, rather than be underdressed and them think your scum.

I was told regardless of what it was, be as professional as possible whenever you are in the process of testing, interviews, background, etc, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYSSSS WATCHING YOU!

i think of it that way, and it keeps me remembering to sit straight up, elbows off the table, yes sir yes maam, thank you. Use the manners that your mom taught you.

Your selling yourself to them, be better than the other guy.
                    Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 06-04-2008, 02:45 AM. Reason: added on more

Comment

Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                      I think you can wear anything unless other wise instructed.

For the USSS TEA I was told to be in business attire. BPA - there weren't instructions on the letter of notification for the exam on dress, but I went in with my suit on and sat next to two guys wearing shorts.
                      TEA is administered by OPM -- theres no one from the USSS or ATF there (That was straight out of the mouth from a proctor from OPM when asked)

Still, can't go wrong with shirt and tie. But I'd rather be comfortable than sweating in a business suit trying to take a test.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                        The TEA for the USSS has Service people there, sometimes the ATSAIC will come and give a speech.
                        When I tested for the USSS, I never wore anything less than business casual. Mostly, it was suit and tie. Guess what? I got the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker6900 View Post
                          Looking for advice on what to where to the Entry Level Law Enforcement Exam.

Shirt and tie?
                          Casual?

Any advice will help. Thanks
                          I would sport business casual at a minimum. I wouldn't go much less than a dress slacks and a polo, maybe a shirt and tie. I wouldn't think that a suit would be necessary for an entry test, but I would wear it for everything else. It is always better to be overdressed.
                          "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6917 users online. 381 members and 6536 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X