300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak police

i heard that amtrak police have a new contract. do anyone know if they are hiring in balt/Dc area?

There is a current announcement for DC.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      There is a current announcement for DC.
      And Baltimore.....and several other places for that matter....

jobs.amtrak.com

Comment

Any info on this new contract? The D.C. location states $20 an hour but Philly/ N.Y.C. states $120 a day. Anyone know if the pay announced is accurate? Do they have O/T ? or they generaly Mon-fri.

Comment

As of right now DC, is the only division allowed to hire. Baltimore's announcement along with a few others are from last year.

The pay is not correct. Its about 38k for DC. There is OT and the job is not M-F 9-5.

Comment

[QUOTE=orlandofed5-0;1263659]As of right now DC, is the only division allowed to hire. Baltimore's announcement along with a few others are from last year. QUOTE]

They culling for resumes.....or just too lazy to take it down...?

Comment

Nope. DC got out of the freeze and is allowed to hire I think up to 10. They cover Union Station, Amtrak HQs and the rail line from New Carrolton (half the station belongs to Baltimore Dvision) down to Lorton and are primary police authority for VRE and MARC Penn line (NE Corridor) trains.
              Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 06-02-2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                . They cover Union Station
                Guys at Union Station were/are my buddies..... They use to let us park illeagally out front when we were on Food Runs to the foodcourt or the Pizza place upstairs.....

They ride the rails at all.....or just stationary/mobile patrol in the DC area...?

If that's OPSEC.....you can PM it to me....just curious....

Comment

i only see jobs for baltimore.Where can i find the DC post.

Comment

PM sent.

i only see jobs for baltimore.Where can i find the DC post.
                    Search under DC
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Officer (5) Eff 05/29/2008 Remember
                    Req. Number: 90105667
                    Description: POSITION: Police Officer
                    DEPARTMENT: Police & Security
                    BAND/ZONE: Per Agreement - $20.07 per hour
                    POSITION NO.: 90105667
                    EFFECTIVE DATE: May 29, 2008

THE SAFETY OF OUR PASSENGERS, OUR EMPLOYEES, THE PUBLIC, AND OUR OPERATING ENVIRONMENT IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY

DUTIES: Position is responsible for the safety and protection of all persons, both employees and passengers of Amtrak, and the
                    protection of property from damage or loss. Police Officers enforce all federal, state and local laws, prevent crime, preserve peace,
                    resolve disputes, apprehend offenders and investigate incidents to prevent re-occurrence and limit corporate liability. The incumbent
                    will perform patrol related duties and respond to calls for service and assistance, identify hazards and pro-actively act to protect employees and the public.

EDUCATION: Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Prefer a certificate of successful completion of a basic training program at
                    a state authorized police training academy or current related experience as a police officer or similar law enforcement experience. An Associates Degree or 60 hours/credits from an
                    accredited college or university is preferred.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be a United States citizen or have the right to work in the United States, be a minimum of 21 years of age,
                    and eligible for a valid driver's license. Possession of a valid driver's license is required prior to appointment. Must be able to
                    obtain a police commission within the state in which assigned or in state of residence; have a history of good conduct and be of high moral character. Must be able to pass all aspects of the selection process to include a job-related physical background investigation.

COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Must be able to effectively deal with people under various circumstances to resolve problems and
                    neutralize hostilities. Must maintain regular lines of communication with law enforcement, judicial bodies and administrative groups.
                    Must be able to give testimony in court or at administrative hearings in a clear and relevant manner.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None

TRAVEL: Generally none. However, geographic location of some positions may require some travel.

Amtrak appreciates your interest in this position. Upon review of your resume, should you meet the qualifications of the position, you
                    will be invited to an orientation program and have the opportunity to participate in further assessment processes.

Hiring Range: $.00 -
                    Hourly
                    Last Date to Apply: 06/09/08
                    Position Type: Permanent
                    Job Category: System Security & Safety
                    Years of Experience: 1 - 5
                    Travel Requirements: No Travel
                    Relocation Benefits May Apply: No
                    Classification Agreement: Yes

Comment

i found it thanks alot. how long is there hiring process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8793 users online. 402 members and 8391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X