300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking my poly and psych for USCP!!

First I'd like to say this is a great forum. I've lurked on here for almost a year now.

Anyway, on to the good news. I have an appointment to take my polygraph, physical and psych evaluation..

I am really excited but more nervous than anything else. I just don't know what to expect especially in terms of the questions they will ask on the poly.
    Last edited by NextCapCop; 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM.

I wouldnt recommend admitting on here that you lied about anything, in case it is traced back to you.

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
        I just don't know what to expect especially in terms of the questions they will ask on the poly.

For the most part, your poly will be based largely on the info you provided in your "blue book"... remember after you passed the written exam, they gave you that personal history booklet to fill out and return within so many days? Well, for the most part your questions will be based off key items that were disclosed in that book- primarily, your identity, citizenship, past/prior drug use, sexual association with minors, your truthfulness during the process and a few other general questions that may not pertain to that booklet. If you have any concerns, be sure you address them with your examiner PRIOR to taking your exam, failure to do so could cause you to show deception on the exam (big no-no) you can expect your poly to take a few hours, USCP get off to an early start day to day, so you can expect to be there pretty much all day, just be TRUTHFUL, answer what is asked of you and do NOT try to beat the machine- you will fail. Good Luck, keep us posted.

Comment

Thanks for the insight Helo Leo.

I was told to arrive at 6:30am for the polygraph and I have a physical at 1:30pm on the same day.

What is the traffic like on a weekday at 5:30 in the morning heading into DC around the Capitol from the Silver Spring, MD area? Last time I went, it was a Saturday and took me about 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by a cashew View Post
            I wouldnt recommend admitting on here that you lied about anything, in case it is traced back to you.

Well if he did lie somewhere then they will catch it soon enough and he will done and gone
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I'm wondering. Is this written examination different from the POST that we took? Because I never got a blue booklet with my letter saying I passed the POST, just instructions for the online application/bi info.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                Well if he did lie somewhere then they will catch it soon enough and he will done and gone
                I realized I edited out the whole post and the replies following my first post now definitely seem out of context.

Let me clarify.

In the references section on the application it says to put down people who can make a personal reference for you, that are not related to you and that you have known for X amount of years. The "LIE" that I HAD to tell was in regards to the length of time that I have known these people.

Long story short, a few years ago I had a falling out with my ex girlfriend and our mutual friends. Most of the people I could have considered "friends" and possible references took her side in the situation and obviously I no longer speak to them. At that point in time, everyone except my family pretty much turned their back on me for something that wasn't even my fault, my ex was just more convincing in her lies than I was. After that, I got my life back together and made new friends, etc. That was only three years ago and did not fall in the timeframe that USCP wanted. There was nothing I could do about that and I will let my BI know of the situation. If they chose to DQ me for that, there is nothing I can do about it. Other than that, there is nothing else that I recall lying about.

Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
                I'm wondering. Is this written examination different from the POST that we took? Because I never got a blue booklet with my letter saying I passed the POST, just instructions for the online application/bi info.
                I took the written test in August of 07. The head recruiter said they no longer send out booklets. They only send you a letter that either says you failed or that you passed and gives you an url to a website to fill out the application. If you filled that application out, you need to wait for a BI to call you. I got my call only a month ago asking if I still wanted the job. I said "YES" and was told to report to DC and Virginia to take the poly and the psych in June.

Comment

I took the written test in August of 07. The head recruiter said they no longer send out booklets. They only send you a letter that either says you failed or that you passed and gives you an url to a website to fill out the application. If you filled that application out, you need to wait for a BI to call you. I got my call only a month ago asking if I still wanted the job. I said "YES" and was told to report to DC and Virginia to take the poly and the psych in June.
                  Thanks for the clarification, people had me nervous for a bit

Comment

Thanks for the insight Helo Leo.

I was told to arrive at 6:30am for the polygraph and I have a physical at 1:30pm on the same day.

What is the traffic like on a weekday at 5:30 in the morning heading into DC around the Capitol from the Silver Spring, MD area? Last time I went, it was a Saturday and took me about 20 minutes.
                    It varies, could be another 20 minute spin or 90 minute creep to be on the safe side allow yourself at least an hour... all it takes is an accident to slow things down, you'll see the difference in traffic versus a weekend... coming from SS there's several ways to get up on the Hill... 495-S, 295/395 is probably your best bet (you'll see the signs from 395 to the Hill)... I would plan on arriving no later than 0545(better to be waiting on them, because they will NOT wait on you), bear in mind you have to find a park (you wont be parking for free in that lot they let you park in for the written test) parking spaces are not easy to come by, the closer you get to the hill so you might be hiking for a few blocks, you also have to get to the right building, clear security and get to the applicant processing office. Get a good night sleep the night before and lay off the caffine (you want to be as normal as possible, not sleepy or jittery) and GET THERE EARLY.. trust me on this one, plan for the unexpected. Good Luck
                    Last edited by Helo_Leo; 05-28-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

^ I was considering that also. How far is the metro station from the Capitol?

I believe the metro station is a few miles from my Aunt's house so I can have her drop me off.

Comment

I believe the metro station is a few miles from my Aunt's house so I can have her drop me off.

Several within a couple blocks of where you need to be on the Hill...
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Just get off at Union Station and you're right there.

Comment

thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Just found out my time off from my current job was approved so I'm one step closer..

Im getting less nervous and more excited but I know that will all change in the few days prior to the tests LOL.

Comment

They will go over all the questions before the polygraph. Should be typical yes and no questions. Do not let them find out any information on their own. They will compare answers to your blue book. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7235 users online. 352 members and 6883 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X