Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.E. Inv.
    replied
    Just be patient and things will fall in place. don't get to anxious.... just forget you even applied and let the time go by, take pride in the work you do now, next thing you know, your in the academy.

Leave a comment:

• merlin436
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
    Another wise officer on this forum who posts often gave me that same advice, and I am going to take it whole-heartedly.
    Having said what I said... there's also a great deal of truth to what M.E. Inv. said:
    "I suggest that you pick your career choice very carefully, you might end up in a place where you won't be happy."

Don't lock yourself in to a job/location you'll hate. No job is worth the price of happiness. If it's truly not to your/your family's best interests, wait it out and hope for something more suitable to come along. It usually does.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkis
    replied
    Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    IMO, take the first offer that comes along. You may never see another.

You can always go elsewhere later, if you have another offer and that's closer to what you want.
    Another wise officer on this forum who posts often gave me that same advice, and I am going to take it whole-heartedly.

Leave a comment:

• merlin436
    replied
    Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
    I'm already in a placewhere I'm not happy. After almost ten years in the military, I find it helps to keep your options open. Any one of those jobs beats installing satellite dishes, my current job, anyday. And they pay better. I applied for each because they all appeal to me in one form or another. And they're almost all a stepping stone to something better later.
    IMO, take the first offer that comes along. You may never see another.

You can always go elsewhere later, if you have another offer and that's closer to what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Tachibana
    replied
    I'm already in a placewhere I'm not happy. After almost ten years in the military, I find it helps to keep your options open. Any one of those jobs beats installing satellite dishes, my current job, anyday. And they pay better. I applied for each because they all appeal to me in one form or another. And they're almost all a stepping stone to something better later.

Amen, having a stepping stone, even a few inches off the ground can let you breath again.

"At least its a steady job" is not cutting it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• GitmoVet
    replied
    Originally posted by M.E. Inv. View Post
    I suggest that you pick your career chioce very carefully, you might end up in a place where you won't be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkis
    replied
    Being on the ATVs or Dirt Bikes patrolling around, does it take a couple years to be on one of those bad boys? Are they considered "specialized units" like state, county and municipal agencies?

Leave a comment:

• M.E. Inv.
    replied
    I suggest that you pick your career chioce very carefully, you might end up in a place where you won't be happy.

Leave a comment:

• GitmoVet
    replied
    Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
    Trust me. Do yourself a favor and DON'T take the FAM spot if it's offered. You'll thank me later for it.

And for that matter the IEA only goes to GS09 while the others are GS/GL11 with better compensation packages. Just my 2 cents.

GL anyhow.
    I'm sure you're trying to help, but in my current situation I can't afford to say no to anyone. It'll be whoever tells me yes first. So far it looks like CBPO is in the lead.

Leave a comment:

• Tachibana
    replied
    Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    I passed!!!!!!!
    Congratulations, they actually told you on the spot?

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    I passed!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• slinger2424
    replied
    I have my interview tomorrow.
    GL today, keep us posted and let us know how you did!

Leave a comment:

• slinger2424
    replied
    Took my test in Chi-town today. It kicked my butt, But I passed it by the skin of my teeth. I'm not on the top of the list, but I'm on the list!
    That puts me now in the running for BPA, CBPO, FAM and IEA.
    Trust me. Do yourself a favor and DON'T take the FAM spot if it's offered. You'll thank me later for it.

And for that matter the IEA only goes to GS09 while the others are GS/GL11 with better compensation packages. Just my 2 cents.

GL anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• madchiken
    replied
    Damn! 15 months? Thats a long time to wait.

At my orientation this week they said 3-4. Provided you have no hiccups.
    Not so long ago, many applicants were waiting more than 2 years and written test scores lower than the high 80's didnt get TO's.

Leave a comment:

• reils49
    replied
    I have my interview tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7197 users online. 368 members and 6829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X