Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a program to ride along with a BP Agent for a day?
    Last edited by Sarkis; 06-04-2008, 02:23 AM. Reason: Thanks madchiken, now if you will only unquote me :D (I will blame the YouTube videos for my title mistake).

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
      Is there a program to ride along with a BP officer for a day?
      If only there were such a job title... Did you mean CBP Officer or Border Patrol Agent?

Comment

Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
        It seems from what we hear; the ALT should be the same as it used to be, however, it appears that they are accepting lower scores as "passing". As long as you study the practice test booklet and you can read/write proper English, you should be fine. Good Luck my friend.
        I got a 92%.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

madchiken, fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            I got a 92%.
            Told you that you would be fine. Congratz!

If I were you I would be getting in or staying in shape and trying to study up on Spanish if I were you (unless you are a "Nativo").

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
              Is there a program to ride along with a BP Agent for a day?
              Yeah you can do those.

Comment

Told you that you would be fine. Congratz!

If I were you I would be getting in or staying in shape and trying to study up on Spanish if I were you (unless you are a "Nativo").
                "Nativo" I am not. I am 100% "gringo", but willing to learn. As for getting into shape, I run a bit. I have my interview this weekend. I'm just hoping this compressed cycle goes quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbnm View Post
                  Yeah you can do those.
                  Awesome, I think I'm going to have to set one up before I go to Southern California.

Comment

Question for anyone that has some sort of input:

3 weeks ago, i was sent my Tentative selection letter. BUT, it stated that i wasn't allowed to continue along in the process due to the fact that I had stated on my application that I had used Marijuana in the past. It stated that I could appeal and state my case of why I thought I should be allowed to continue along, so I did. My question to anyone out there is this, I just looked on the CASS System, and when I typed in all my information, It comes up showing that my Background, Pre-Employment Forms, and Qualifications are all pending.

Wouldnt it show that I was denied/unselected if my appeal was denied?

Just thought I would ask the question seeing as im just sitting here waiting for an answer from DHS, and see if anyone has any thought on this or if they have been in this situation.

Thanks Guys I appreciate it.

Comment

SoKalCopKid

No news is good news. The process can be trying on the nerves at times. You might not hear anything for a while or get a letter this week, who knows. Things are moving faster these days, but when I applied it was 15 months from application to "the call" with a station offer/academy date.

Just be patient, study spanish, and get in tip top shape.

GL mate.

Comment

Things are moving faster these days, but when I applied it was 15 months from application to "the call" with a station offer/academy date.
                        Damn! 15 months? Thats a long time to wait.

At my orientation this week they said 3-4. Provided you have no hiccups.

Comment

Took my test in Chi-town today. It kicked my butt, But I passed it by the skin of my teeth. I'm not on the top of the list, but I'm on the list!
                          That puts me now in the running for BPA, CBPO, FAM and IEA.
                          USSCP
                          Faxed App 7/28/10
                          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

I have my interview tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              Damn! 15 months? Thats a long time to wait.

At my orientation this week they said 3-4. Provided you have no hiccups.
                              Not so long ago, many applicants were waiting more than 2 years and written test scores lower than the high 80's didnt get TO's.

Comment

Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                                Took my test in Chi-town today. It kicked my butt, But I passed it by the skin of my teeth. I'm not on the top of the list, but I'm on the list!
                                That puts me now in the running for BPA, CBPO, FAM and IEA.
                                Trust me. Do yourself a favor and DON'T take the FAM spot if it's offered. You'll thank me later for it.

And for that matter the IEA only goes to GS09 while the others are GS/GL11 with better compensation packages. Just my 2 cents.

GL anyhow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6563 users online. 353 members and 6210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X