300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.E. Inv. View Post
    So when I talk to the Investigator then I know that the ball is at least rolling. i feel it takes to long but it's worth the wait. Do you know where the academy is??
    Wow. This far along and don't know where the Academy is located?

I strongly urdge you to visit this site HERE. Please visit the forum once you are done with the information listed within the site.

Secondly, here is the site for the Academy.

Comment

Do you know where the academy is??
      Did you even read the job announcement?

Mandatory Completion of Basic Training: Soon after entering on duty, Border Patrol Agent interns are detailed to the U.S. Border Patrol Academy in Artesia, New Mexico for approximately 11 weeks of intensive instruction in immigration and nationality laws, law enforcement and Border Patrol-specific operations, drivers training, physical techniques, firearms and other courses. Soon after arriving for the 11-week basic training, all students are tested in their language abilities. Those who score below an established benchmark are assigned to an additional 8-week Spanish class at the Border Patrol Academy which will extend their stay to 19 weeks, while the fluent Spanish speakers who successfully complete the 11-week program report back to their duty stations. Upon successful completion of the Academy training, all interns begin the Field Training Program (FTP) and the Post Academy Training Program (PATP) at their stations and sectors. The FTP will consist of on-the-job, hands-on training with an experienced agent. The PATP is a combination of web-based training and instructor led training and will require the intern to successfully pass seven unit exams. The intern’s progress through both programs and job performance is evaluated by review panels at 12 months and 20 months after entering on duty. If the intern’s progress remains satisfactory through the 24th month, s/he is no longer an intern and is converted to a permanent appointment. Failure to successfully complete the 24-month internship will result in termination of employment.

Comment

SoKAlCopKid

Did they tell you that you were still in the expedited process. or do you they place you on the normal list.

put me in the regular process it took them about 3 weeks to send me my tentative selection letter....unfortunatly they said i couldnt continue along in the process due to my past mj use about a year back. just sent in my appeal to that last thursday with 4 recomendation letters one being from a current dhs/cbp supervisor up at march air force base here in southern california along with sending them a drug test proving iv been away from that dumb **** i used to do. who knows what will happen now...just waiting. but i figured, better to try than to roll over and admit defeat. lol

Comment

Uh, no... If they told you to withdraw your application, it was for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            Uh, no... If they told you to withdraw your application, it was for a reason!

if this was for me....i never stated that they told me to withdraw my application lol

like i said i received my TO but was told i couldn't continue any farther but could appeal so I did

Comment

They usually give you the option to withdraw, since it looks better on paper if you decide to reapply than being found unsuitable for employment.

Comment

no they never gave me that option

they just said "you have passed the test for the position of border patrol agent and you have been tentatively selected for the position, however you have been deemed unsuitable for this position due to statements that were made in good faith when you applied. If you would like to appeal this decision you must submit in writing and provide supporting documentation by such and such date."

and like i have been told by many law enforcement officers...."if you want the position you dont ever give up"

so Im doing just that....if Im still found unsuitable after I sent in my appeal at least I am satisfied that I tried my hardest and at the end of the day I can still say that I was honest, kept my integrity and my moral character, and didnt roll over and give up; and thats satisfying enough for me....because ill just reapply when Im eligable to do so.

I know exacly why I was sent that letter, because a year ago or so I was involved with some Scum and got wrapped up in Marijuana use, its not something Im proud of, but all I can do is keep my life in order and keep working my butt off......someday, no matter if its this year, or 5 years from now, I will be employed in a law enforcement job. This is what my mind is set on, and this is what I am going to do with my life.

Comment

Check to see if your on the CASS system. I'm sure that if they weren't gonna hire you then they wouldn't either set you up or they might just take you off.

Comment

Just curious, how hard would it be to get an assignment at Ramey Puerto Rico? Im thinking of going throw the process and pick Puerto Rico for my location. Will they tell me the location ill be working at before i go to the academy?

Comment

MMm, you been wanting to be a cop and you just did MJ about a year ago? Sorry man but your friend who is a scum bag now, wasn't a scum bag back then right??

Comment

Originally posted by KO Kid View Post
                        Just curious, how hard would it be to get an assignment at Ramey Puerto Rico? Im thinking of going throw the process and pick Puerto Rico for my location. Will they tell me the location ill be working at before i go to the academy?
                        PR is not an option as a trainee. You will be stationed along the SW border or one of a few stations along the northern border. After several years you may have an opportunity to transfer to PR.

Comment

thx for the response madchiken
                          appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by want to be offi View Post
                            MMm, you been wanting to be a cop and you just did MJ about a year ago? Sorry man but your friend who is a scum bag now, wasn't a scum bag back then right??

well law enforcement was always a thought of mine but i never really knew what i wanted to do with my life....but i was screwin around with the wrong people and i took the step a year ago and got the heck away from all that and decided this is what im going to do with my life. hey if it takes me 3 years to get hired on......whatever.....ill keep trying till then. i know the mistakes iv made and have done everything to correct them and not go down those paths or be around those people.

Comment

Well, I've got 2 more days until I take the BP exam and I'm pretty excited! I'm just worried about the ALT. Good luck to anyone taking the exam on 3 June.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

It seems from what we hear; the ALT should be the same as it used to be, however, it appears that they are accepting lower scores as "passing". As long as you study the practice test booklet and you can read/write proper English, you should be fine. Good Luck my friend.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10504 users online. 514 members and 9990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X