300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol

Alright.... I have read all through Honorfirst.com and I I have talked to many a BP agent. Now I want some other opinions. I had applied to BP in Feb got a 101 on my BP exam including Vet points and made it all the way to the oral board before I had to withdraw for family reasons. Now I am back in the hunt for both the southwest border and the new northern border openings....I talked with HR today and they are glad to have me start the process again and said it should run about just about as quick as it did last time....So let me hear what some of you out there have to say either good or bad about BP and what to expect!

whats the top score you can get on the CBP test

i failed the test in january and was going to retest 2 weeks ago but recieved an email stating that i had passed due to them having a new spanish program started at their academy. so it jumped my test up to an 87. how long did it take you to get ur TO after u passed the test with a 101?

Comment

Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
      whats the top score you can get on the CBP test

i failed the test in january and was going to retest 2 weeks ago but recieved an email stating that i had passed due to them having a new spanish program started at their academy. so it jumped my test up to an 87. how long did it take you to get ur TO after u passed the test with a 101?
      Well it depends on which test you took.....Did you take the BP test or the CBP test for CBP officer because they are two different tests? I went to one of the accelerated programs that the BP were pushing so I got my TO that day and then I got my CO of employment the very next week in the mail with everything else needed to fill out. It was very quick so I now feel that I may have wasted an oppurtunity but from what I am hearing they need a lot if people right now and my score is pretty good so maybe that will help....Also you can score a 100 as the highest...it was mt vet preference points that put me over the top.

Comment

I'm taking the BP exam on 6 June. I haven't heard anything about applying for vet points though. Do you submit that paperwork at the test site, or do you have to do it prior to taking the exam?
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

It depends on how you applied....if you applied directly over the web from usa jobs then when you registered for the test it asked you if you were claiming veterans preference....if you applied some other way then I can not tell you how to get those vets points but I would take a copy of your DD-214 to the test and talk with the test administrator....

Comment

took the test for BPA

i did the compressed testing to where if you pass then they set you up with the paperwork and your oral interview and medical dates etc.

but i failed it the day of so i didn't get any of that.

then i get an email saying they lowered the spanish standards at the academy so they lowered the testing standards and that i fell into passing at a score of 87. but i called and they said im prety much just in the normal wait line now even though i took the compressed testings. LAMEEE

Comment

So its lame because you failed, but because HQ decided to lower the passing standard on the ALT and regrade your test, you have now passed???

Its lame that they are lowering the standards!

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                So its lame because you failed, but because HQ decided to lower the passing standard on the ALT and regrade your test, you have now passed???

Its lame that they are lowering the standards!

ya i have to admit it is prety lame that they lowered it because i went and bought a book and studied day and night to retest and the 2 days before my retest...they sent me an email saying i passed. and now theres like triple the amount of people waiting on TO's

Comment

Originally posted by blueshield22 View Post
                  Alright.... I have read all through Honorfirst.com and I I have talked to many a BP agent. Now I want some other opinions. I had applied to BP in Feb got a 101 on my BP exam including Vet points and made it all the way to the oral board before I had to withdraw for family reasons. Now I am back in the hunt for both the southwest border and the new northern border openings....I talked with HR today and they are glad to have me start the process again and said it should run about just about as quick as it did last time....So let me hear what some of you out there have to say either good or bad about BP and what to expect!
                  Please feel free to ask me specific questions if you have any. I am currently assigned to a Station in Southern California. GL in your job hunt.

Comment

Slinger2424

I'm new on this thread.... I'm in West Texas area, I took my written in Dec. 2007. That same day i got my TO letter and was scheduled my fitness, medical, and oral board in Feb. 2008. I had everything done on the same day, had to take clothes for the PT and a suit for my oral board. Every thing cleared. Just waiting on my BI. Do you knwo how long they take on the BI's for this area?? I haven't seen any change on CASS, just that my "case is in the security office" My Geo pref was Southwest Texas/ New Mexico. Is it possible that they can call me for Southern California? Or just for what my pref was ??

Comment

SoKAlCopKid

Did they tell you that you were still in the expedited process. or do you they place you on the normal list.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E. Inv. View Post
                        Slinger2424

I'm new on this thread.... I'm in West Texas area, I took my written in Dec. 2007. That same day i got my TO letter and was scheduled my fitness, medical, and oral board in Feb. 2008. I had everything done on the same day, had to take clothes for the PT and a suit for my oral board. Every thing cleared. Just waiting on my BI. Do you knwo how long they take on the BI's for this area?? I haven't seen any change on CASS, just that my "case is in the security office" My Geo pref was Southwest Texas/ New Mexico. Is it possible that they can call me for Southern California? Or just for what my pref was ??
                        The BI can be as quick as a few weeks to as long as several months or years. All dependant upon your history, employment history, residence history, criminal history, etc.... There is no real answer for that one. I have guys that graduated within my class with a 2-3 months process from application to "The Call" whereas mine was a 15 month process. No one knows.

They will try to call you with you GEO Pref. However, its the needs of the service above all. When your file makes it to the top of the stack and its time to call, they will offer you the stations they have to offer for that day.

GL with your process!

Comment

Will i be getting a call when they start the BI from an Investigator?? or do they just start and don't tell you anything?

Comment

Originally posted by M.E. Inv. View Post
                            Will i be getting a call when they start the BI from an Investigator?? or do they just start and don't tell you anything?
                            You will never know what is going on. However, you WILL get a call to set up an interview with your Background Investigator that will cover every form and paper you turned in line by line. You will be answering questions for about 2-4 hours depending on how intense you SF-86 was.

Comment

So when I talk to the Investigator then I know that the ball is at least rolling. i feel it takes to long but it's worth the wait. Do you know where the academy is??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6663 users online. 344 members and 6319 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X