300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afosi Sa Vacancy

Has anyone else seen the vacancy or applied for the Air Force OSI civilian SA positions? It just recently opened up for civilian applicants. I don’t see many threads on the agency. I don’t know much about the agency either other than its comprised of both civilian and active duty/reserve agents. I'm curious as to how that works; do the service member SAs have arrest authority for civilian offenders? Does anyone work for OSI or have experience working with them? Has anyone been thru the hiring process? Any information would help.

OSI civilians are federal series 1811 investigators, the same as any other federal investigator. My limited knowledge is with the active duty military types but I know that they have full arrest powers. I know the military guys had some strange rules placed on them as far as carrying weapons off duty and some others. There are a couple OSI SA's on here some I'm sure one will chime in.

Have you been to the OSI web site? http://www.osi.andrews.af.mil/

OSI has some really cool HSLD stuff going on, combined with hours of office time.

Comment

Yea I was on the website, thats where the vacancy is listed. I mailed my application packet today, just trying to get a little more incite.

Comment

Originally posted by dpd0779 View Post
        Has anyone else seen the vacancy or applied for the Air Force OSI civilian SA positions? It just recently opened up for civilian applicants. I don’t see many threads on the agency. I don’t know much about the agency either other than its comprised of both civilian and active duty/reserve agents. I'm curious as to how that works; do the service member SAs have arrest authority for civilian offenders? Does anyone work for OSI or have experience working with them? Has anyone been thru the hiring process? Any information would help.
        Hiring process is pretty fast paced. 3 (most likely) consolidated interview locations. You are pre-ranked before your interview, so really concentrate on your KSAs. Within weeks of your interview, they'll notify your whether you made it, made it as alternate, or no-go.

All civilians MCIOs have full arrest authority. Active counterparts are limited based on the posse comitatus, but I've heard of exceptions (at least on USACIDC).
        George: What kind of a person are you?
        Jerry: I think I'm pretty much like you, only successful.

Comment

I was going to apply but decided not to. They have a disclamer that if you live in an area where there is not a AF base, the application wil not be considered. There is not any in my State. Bummer..... Good luck to all who apply and thanks for the post!

BPA
          test: 04/08
          Results: Passed - 04/08
          COE Received - 05/08
          Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
          Panel: 07/08: Passed
          BI: ?..
          CBPO
          test: 03/08
          COE Received: 06/08
          Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
          VBT: Passed 07/08
          BI: ???
          FBI
          Phase I: 05/08
          Results: Passed 05/08
          Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
          Language test (o): Passed 07/08
          Panel: 10/08: ???
          PFT: 11/08: ???
          USSS
          TEA test: 08/07
          Panel: 02/08

Comment

Oh I didnt see that. I live close to the AFB in Jacksonville, even though I live in GA. I wonder if that will disqualify me.

Comment

Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
              I was going to apply but decided not to. They have a disclamer that if you live in an area where there is not a AF base, the application wil not be considered. There is not any in my State. Bummer..... Good luck to all who apply and thanks for the post!
              SWEET!! I work on a base about two minutes from my home. I will apply and post my progress. Thanks for the initial post!!

Oh one question do they stay local? or they also have the mobility agreement also?

Thanks!!

Comment

Where can you get the KSA worksheet? Its not in the form.

Comment

Originally posted by StateChamp View Post
                  SWEET!! I work on a base about two minutes from my home. I will apply and post my progress. Thanks for the initial post!!

Oh one question do they stay local? or they also have the mobility agreement also?

Thanks!!
                  You have to sign a mobility agreement

BPA
                  test: 04/08
                  COE Received - 05/08
                  Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                  Panel: 07/08: Passed
                  BI: ?..
                  CBPO
                  test: 03/08
                  COE Received: 06/08
                  Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                  VBT: Passed 07/08
                  BI: ???
                  FBI
                  Phase I: 05/08
                  Results: Passed 05/08
                  Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                  Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                  Panel: 10/08: ???
                  PFT: 11/08: ???
                  USSS
                  TEA test: 08/07
                  Panel: 02/08

Comment

AFOSI does a lot of overseas work and you have to sign a mobility agreement. They seem to have a large contingent of agents in the Middle East and a number have been killed supporting their mission in Iraq.

Comment

My friend was in AFOSI for 7 years, but ended up finally quitting because she was tired of being moved around a lot! She mentioned that it is essentially a given that you will be relocated every few years or so. I'm not sure if that is the norm or not, but thought I would add what little info I have. AFOSI guys, please chime in if this info is way off. Thanks.

Comment

where is this disclaimer? is NYC ok to apply or there is no base around here?

Comment

Originally posted by earlsimmons View Post
                          AFOSI does a lot of overseas work and you have to sign a mobility agreement. They seem to have a large contingent of agents in the Middle East and a number have been killed supporting their mission in Iraq.
                          exactly-i think 3 or 4 died at once in the same humvee- alot of civilian mil. invest. agencies have agents based in iraq/afghan on a voluntary basis-my question would be what is the policy going to be once the volunteers dry up? mandatory deployments? can OSI/CID/NCIS "demand" that their agents go on a deployment or face some kind of sanction? anyone have any policy or insight on that?

Comment

I cant find the disclaimer either. It does seem a little silly to only have bases handle hiring when there are field offices all around.
                            Standing by to stand by

Comment

You do not have to live near a base to get hired. You will have to live near whatever base you get assigned to after hireing/school.

As a Civilian Agent, you have different hoops to jump through than Active Guys.

You will move several times in a 20 year career, or if you specialize in somthing, you can stay put for a long time.

We do a lot of missions that are far beyond the normal scope of investigative agencies. Much of our work is normal investigations, but the small percentage of really interesting stuff is almost beyond imagination.

We have lost 7 agents in OEF/OIF. And have had many seriously injured. War is a full contact sport, and we are still a military agency.

Our civilains can fill several different catagories, some of which are deployable to the desert. All the information is available on the AFOSI Homepage. Goodle AFOSI and look for the Join area.

M-11
                              “All men dream...... But not equally..
                              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4054 users online. 247 members and 3807 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X