300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS Just Posted

Just a heads up to all that NCIS is accepting resumes effective 5/2/08 - 6/2/08. Good luck to all that apply.

I got the email today, but I already have a resume on file with them. You think I should resubmit it?
    Remember that our job is hearts and minds...two in the heart, one in the mind!

Comment

Originally posted by BPD Once View Post
      Just a heads up to all that NCIS is accepting resumes effective 5/2/08 - 6/2/08. Good luck to all that apply.
      Thanks for the tip BPD!

Comment

"NCIS is scheduled to convert to a pay banding system during the 4th
        quarter of calendar year 2008. Pay banding will replace the current
        GS grades mentioned in this vacancy announcement."

Anyone out there know how this conversion plays out?

Comment

The pay band conversion is simply a new name for the GS scale with fewer steps. Check out the Air Marshal pay scale. They use the bands.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSchwoe
            Basically, it's coming this year, probably Nov. If you're hired, you'll never know the difference, as the typical application is a couple years, so you'll likely be hired under the new paybanding system. For more info, check out this site: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/nsps/whatisnsps.html
            Paybanding and everything associated with it sucks.....trust me....

Comment

Maybe, but NCIS converts at the end of this year. AFOSI has converted already. Like the Borg, all will be assimilated.
              It was strange coming from a GS to a Paybanded job.....

The evaluations are strange.....how you get raises is jacked up....and I just don't like it nor do the guys in my office like it.....

If I go elsewhere in GOV service....I will try for another GS job....

The ONLY thing I like about it....is there are no time in grade issues. GS jobs you have to be in them for a year before you can move up.... With Paybanding, if you find another Paybanded job out there and want to apply....you can....no matter how long you've been in your current job....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Paybanding and everything associated with it sucks.....trust me....
                Ditto!

Paybanding sucks big time. I am on it right now and it is NOT to favor you in any way.

BPA
                test: 04/08
                Results: Passed - 04/08
                COE Received - 05/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                Panel: 07/08: Passed
                BI: ?..
                CBPO
                test: 03/08
                COE Received: 06/08
                Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                VBT: Passed 07/08
                BI: ???
                FBI
                Phase I: 05/08
                Results: Passed 05/08
                Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                Panel: 10/08: ???
                PFT: 11/08: ???
                USSS
                TEA test: 08/07
                Panel: 02/08

Comment

Message Deleted
                  Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM.

Comment

So what's the typical work hours a day? is it like a 9-5 gig? or different? Also how often are you away from home?
                    Thanks,

Comment

Anyone have more details about where to end a resume to?

Comment

It's 9-5'ish. You have to put in an additional 10 hrs per week for LEAP, but where I work we are able to determine how we work that out in our schedules. So long as we have at least an additional 10 hours logged in for work, we're good. Generally, unless you have a duty call, you're home on the weekends and for dinner each night. That changes sometimes, if case-related operations come up. Of course, it's also very different if you're deployed, serving afloat on a carrier, or working various operations OCONUS, but this is a typical schedule while working Gen Crim inside CONUS.

Everything you need to know is here: http://ncis.navy.mil/join.asp
                        The only thing that sucks I can see is the time it takes to get hired. 3.5 years WOW!! that's determination waiting that long. I guess you can just act like nothing happened and go on with your life. I plan on applying this week. looks like a good agency.

What was your skills before getting hired? seems way competitive.

Comment

Ok I had almost nothing that they were looking for. Only thing I have going for me is that I speak Greek pretty well, and have LE experience but not as a sworn officer, which I doubt they'd accept (I'm still considered civilian... Class 1 SLEO for those who are curious). I doubt I'm going to hear anything.

Comment

I've come off active duty (Navy - Intel O) where I deployed to Iraq 3x... looking into some fed work and local LE. Just affiliated with NCIS as a reservist here in SEFO. Heard from source NCIS was reworking the hiring process to try to get it to 4 months or so (pregnant pause here...)

I've heard NCIS is notoriously long to get on... my issue is I'm 36 in August of this year, want to triangulate this scoop and see if you guys are hearing the same thing on selection process? I intend to drop a package in anyway, not with much hope - I'm likely out of time.

Any inside scoop here is appreciated... good luck to the rest of you.
                            IMO PO2 JOE (CLARK) SCHWEDLER, MI
                            KIA 06 APR 07 IVO FALLUJAH

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:13

Comment

Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                              Ok I had almost nothing that they were looking for. Only thing I have going for me is that I speak Greek pretty well, and have LE experience but not as a sworn officer, which I doubt they'd accept (I'm still considered civilian... Class 1 SLEO for those who are curious). I doubt I'm going to hear anything.
                              Same here (no LE though). I am not holding my breath on this one but it doesn't hurt to apply. We'll see.....

BPA
                              test: 04/08
                              COE Received - 05/08
                              Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                              Panel: 07/08: Passed
                              BI: ?..
                              CBPO
                              test: 03/08
                              COE Received: 06/08
                              Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                              VBT: Passed 07/08
                              BI: ???
                              FBI
                              Phase I: 05/08
                              Results: Passed 05/08
                              Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                              Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                              Panel: 10/08: ???
                              PFT: 11/08: ???
                              USSS
                              TEA test: 08/07
                              Panel: 02/08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9385 users online. 440 members and 8945 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X