300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hud Oig Sa

Does anyone have any information or experience with HUD OIG? They recently had several vacancy announcements for GS 7/9 SA positions.

Fraud heavy. Standard OIG 1811 work. Used to do street crime stuff back in the days, but I dunno if they do that anymore.

What's great about applying to HUD OIG is that they contract out their hiring process to BPD. You will know where you stand in every part of the application process!! (not leaving you in the dark like others)
    George: What kind of a person are you?
    Jerry: I think I'm pretty much like you, only successful.

Comment

Thats good to know. Hopefully I can get an interview.

Comment

dpd did you put in for it?
        There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

yea I mailed my application packet last week. Hopefully I hear something one way or the other soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dpd0779 View Post
            yea I mailed my application packet last week. Hopefully I hear something one way or the other soon.
            DPD, 10-4. I heard they do I alot of white collar crimes. I'm trying to find more info. It sounds like a pretty good gig for 1811. Although the location is in DC.....cost of living there is not cheap.

Keep in touch. a let me know when you hear something. I am going to put my packet together this week. If anyone is in the process with OIG (1811), let me know.
            There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

Who May Apply:
              US citizens currently residing in the local commuting area in any of these categories:

1. Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;

2. Current Federal employees in excepted service positions covered by an interchange agreement;

3. Individuals eligible for:

* the HUD Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP);

* the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP);

* noncompetitive appointment under authorities such as the Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA), disabled individuals, returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or VISTA, etc; or

OR

Individuals from any commuting area eligible for the HUD OIG Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP);

Individuals from any commuting area eligible for the Veteran's Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). This applies to veterans with preference or veterans separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing 3 years or more of continuous active service.

--I took this from the announcement for a HUD SA position (GS-07) I am wondering what this basically means. So does this mean I can't apply for this unless I work for the government? or that I live within the commuting area?

Thanks

Comment

I looked at that, im a veteran so I think im good to go, but for those not in the military it looks like you have to be from the local area or be employed by HUD

Comment

I looked at that, im a veteran so I think im good to go, but for those not in the military it looks like you have to be from the local area or be employed by HUD
                  Locality applies to everyone I'm afraid.

Approx 50 mi radius around the field office that's hiring. That's how BPD will look at eligibility. Plus that announcement will usually compete with other announcements at GL-9 and GL-12 for that one spot. Very competitive.

Best of luck.

Comment

Love Ulcer, you may be right, have you had experience applying with them before. Why than would the announcement indicate you could apply from any area if you’re claiming vet pref? Doesn’t make sense to me if they are only going to hire from the local area. Also how can they post announcements for a GS7-9 slot and hire someone at an 11 or 12? Wouldn’t there just be a separate announcement for that.

Comment

Love Ulcer, you may be right, have you had experience applying with them before. Why than would the announcement indicate you could apply from any area if you’re claiming vet pref? Doesn’t make sense to me if they are only going to hire from the local area. Also how can they post announcements for a GS7-9 slot and hire someone at an 11 or 12? Wouldn’t there just be a separate announcement for that.
                      HUD OIG has done this for many years now. Locality hiring may seem unfair, but to their eyes it saves time, money, and a bit of guarantee that the applicant will not jet outta there on the first given opportunity.

If you also look at the announcement summary under "who may be considered", it states "...currently residing in the local commuting area who MEET any of the categories shown under the heading "who may apply".

This is a way to have a greater applicant pool in the local area since the announcement isn't nationwide. I believe the HUD announcement you're referring to only has openings for GL-7s and GL-9s. Sometimes they extend this upward to GL-11s or even 13s. TIGTA is notorious for this, but doesn't fall under the locality hiring rule.

Also remember, the announcement may state for 9, but a GL-11 can come in with a matched pay. This is also a good opportunity for those 1811s who are involuntarily forced from one location to another.
                      Last edited by Love_Ulcer; 04-28-2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: Add info

Comment

We do have one 1811 that works for HUD as a OIG SA..... Not sure where his sorry butt is....

Hopefully, he will be on here soon to answer your questions....

Comment

I am a current fed employee, expected(Not with HUD though). So does this qualify me to apply with HUD? . Thanks

Comment

The annoucment further states:

OR "Any Individuals from any commuting area eligible for the Veteran's Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). This applies to veterans with preference or veterans separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing 3 years or more of continuous active service."

I guess I'll find out eventually. I'll post when I hear one way or the other.

Comment

I'm not too sure about the locality. GS 11 here. I'll try and see what happens.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11917 users online. 502 members and 11415 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X