Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbotj
    10-96
    • Aug 2007

5. NYC has more after retirement on the job...jobs than any other city.
    6. Getting married, your Fiance/Wife (prekids) has more high paying jobs available in NYC than anywhere else.
    7. Mass transportation grid allows you to function without a car...very green.
    8. The most culture diverse city in USA. Want to eat Thai, no problem. Sushi, a snap. Steak, too many to mention.

5. Good because after you retire you will NEED another job, my fortune tells
    me security work.
    6. They better get high paying jobs to make up for $59k in NYC or Long Island
    7. Not bad, but nothing beats having a vehicle that you can control and do
    not have to worry about stops or waiting for the train.
    8. Yeah, go eat in a "diverse" joint in bed stuy. I'm sure you will find the food
    quite tastey.
    sigpic

Comment

• BigWill2876
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2008

Fairbanks Alaska

Sounds like you may enjoy Fairbanks Alaska PD rather than NYPD (despite your NYPD car photo).
      You get that nice "clean" air, just don't enhale or you may freeze a lung.
      You get to take a car home, but don't forget to keep a shovel and survival gear in the trunk in case you get caught is a snow drift for a month.
      You can retire into the woods and NOBODY will ever find you to cash your retirement checks.
      Great food, is blubber better raw or fried ?

Comment

• gbotj
        10-96
        • Aug 2007

bigwill, who are you speaking to?????

Maybe you should check out the lasik eye surgery thread. Thats NOT an NYPD car
        Last edited by gbotj; 05-18-2008, 05:28 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• John2008
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew
          I heard they release copies to everyone. PAPD wants originals, thats where the problem is. I don't see how a federal agency will have a hard time getting records from NYPD. It's tough when you hear different things.

Thanks for the current updates Bigwill.
          I have a family member processing for NCPD, he works for the NYPD(3years) and the NYPD didn't release his records because they don't release the records to any other PD or employer. His BI just told him not to worry about it since he can't do anything about it.

The NYPD policy, Murray added, caused the officers “true irreparable harm” not just because they were being denied the PA positions but because they “also are foreclosed from obtaining any police position in any law enforcement agency or bureau that requires a complete background check through examination of personnel files”
          Last edited by John2008; 05-18-2008, 04:02 PM.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Chainsaw_chew
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2007

PPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• STXHammer
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2008

YAAAAYYYY for PAY RAISE. Well Deserved
              When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

• Swoop16
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2008

The raise came just in time for all those going into the July class

Comment

• Chainsaw_chew
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2007

Blah never mind.... I'm not excited about the raise anymore....
                  They took away 10 vacation days from everyone new on board now. So that just leaves the NYPD with 10 vacation days a year... that just really sucks... :-(

Comment

• Chainsaw_chew
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Joeyd6
                    Yep!

1 month of extra work essentially = $3000 a month.

50 more shifts (5 a week) = 10 week is 2 and a half months.

2.5 months x $3000 = $7500 saved by city!!!

But they give you $10,000, so subtract that cost = $2,500 raise for rookies!

Then lets not forget that you have to use a vacation day to qualify at the range. So $3,000 a month, which you work 160 hours = $18.75 an hour. That vacation day at the range costs you about $150.

So that $10,000 raise is now really a $2,350 raise!

Whose smiling now????

Comment

• gbotj
                      10-96
                      • Aug 2007

Its not a raise you are working for what you get!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• ctiger3
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2008

Chainsaw: if youre serious about the NYPD and you cant reschedule then I would take off from work..this is going to be your career. Although, if you want to try and reschedule try calling 718-972-7376 x7344...they should be able to take care of your scheduling issues. Sorry it took so long to reply, good luck with everything.

Comment

• ctiger3
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2008

John2008: good scores man! I'm pretty sure the academy starts on July 7th and the first couple days are all paperwork...guess i'll see you then!!

Comment

• John2008
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ctiger3
                            Chainsaw: if youre serious about the NYPD and you cant reschedule then I would take off from work..this is going to be your career. Although, if you want to try and reschedule try calling 718-972-7376 x7344...they should be able to take care of your scheduling issues. Sorry it took so long to reply, good luck with everything.
                            That's what I did, every time I need to do a step in the hiring process I would talk to my professor and tell them that I'm going to miss class and if I needed I would also call out from work. Since the NYPD is really going to be my first career job that's more important than my crappy job now.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• John2008
                              Forum Member
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ctiger3
                              John2008: good scores man! I'm pretty sure the academy starts on July 7th and the first couple days are all paperwork...guess i'll see you then!!
                              I was off by two days, the official start day is July 9th. I'll see you there. can't wait to get yelled at.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Chainsaw_chew
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by John2008
                                I was off by two days, the official start day is July 9th. I'll see you there. can't wait to get yelled at.
                                LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I like that sentence!
                                Thanks for the info ctiger.
                                I completed everything just waiting till June 9th for my background investigator to come back from vacation so i can hand him some documents then I should be all set for the July class.
                                ONE thing that really bothers me though is just the fear of my shin splints acting up since we'll be running just about every day in there.
                                I'm stretching, warming up before runs, bought new shock absorbant insoles for my running shoes, got shin warmers, and still feeling the effects of my run the next day or the day later.
                                Thats the only thing that is scaring the crap outta me right now is just these damn shin splints.
                                Would be a nightmare when i leave my current job to go into the academy and have to quit midway cause the splints caused fractures on my shins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20838 users online. 61 members and 20777 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...