Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied
    Yeah I've heard from a lot of people including a couple of 1811's that NYPD looks great on your resume. Helps when you want to transfer to another PD or head to state or federal. SO I HEARD, and SO i will do! Hopefully i'll be a future 1811.

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    replied
    Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    There are tons of departments (especially out west) were new officers can live a very comfortable life, send kids to good schools, own a home, good work schedule, take home car, etc...and have the support of the Brass when things go bad.
    But...Having NYPD on your resume looks great; it's highly respected around the world. If you can suck it up for 2-3 years you will write your own ticket for future jobs.
    I'm doing exactly that if I don't get picked up by another agency here in NY, I have spoken to a couple of recruiters out west and they said if I do the NYPD for 1-2years I can apply and lateral over and no need to redo the academy at least that what the recruiters in AZ told me, I have my eyes on LVMPD, PHXPD, and a couple more. but from what I've heard policing out west is completely different than out here in the east.

Leave a comment:

• John2008
    replied
    Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew View Post
    Anyone here going for the JULY class?
    In the process of completing my packet for the BI. Having scheduling problems with the written/oral psych, and JST. They are not offering them on weekend. :-(
    I'm done with almost everything, only thing missing is the mini-medical. they only do the process mon-friday since they only work mon-fri I belive. I had to miss school or work in order to complete the process but hey it has to be done.

Leave a comment:

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied
    Anyone here going for the JULY class?
    In the process of completing my packet for the BI. Having scheduling problems with the written/oral psych, and JST. They are not offering them on weekend. :-(

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    they tell you go bring a transcript, but no one was asked for it when I was there. but bring it just in case, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied
    I have the medical this Saturday, do you think taking a copy of my degree will be good enough? It says something about a transcript but don't know if it's official transcript or not. Thanks.

Ah nevermind, i'll just have to go back to my old college to get a copy. They refused to give me one before but called them up and they will.
    Last edited by Chainsaw_chew; 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM. Reason: Found out

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    applicant processing division...and I dont know, I heard the perb decision is coming out soon, but it's all just rumors. no one really knows.

Leave a comment:

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied
    Does anyone think that the NYPD will get a new contract before the July class? I mean it's crazy! This new contract was supposed to be out already, and it's tough for people to go to the July class when they have to take such a huge paycut. Anyone have any information or input?

Leave a comment:

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied
    everyone says that everybody they talk to at APD is cranky, but the three people I've talked to have all been nice.
    APD?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    everyone says that everybody they talk to at APD is cranky, but the three people I've talked to have all been nice. and I thought everyone was nice at the initial medical as well. they may have been short with you, but it was just because they wanted to get done quickly. well, the one officer was kind of a dick, but that was just because he didnt put up with sh*t. he meant well though.

Leave a comment:

• Tachibana
    replied
    I know I was thinking the same thing, a buncha nasty people there with a stick up their *****! Tachibana how did you get your stuff for a Sunday? The nasty witch said that they don't do anything on a weekend only a weekday. She was like "oh well, then you gotta try for January" I was like take the sand out your vagina ya mean witch!... ok I didn't say that but would have been nice to. I don't know how the heck to get to 59-17 junction blvd by train. I'm only around the darn A line. Last stop too.
    Chainsaw

Just lucked out. City agencies are always a joy to deal with, what they dont know they throw an attitude.

BTW R,V to WoodHaven on Queens BLVD

Leave a comment:

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied
    I know I was thinking the same thing, a buncha nasty people there with a stick up their *****! Tachibana how did you get your stuff for a Sunday? The nasty witch said that they don't do anything on a weekend only a weekday. She was like "oh well, then you gotta try for January" I was like take the sand out your vagina ya mean witch!... ok I didn't say that but would have been nice to. I don't know how the heck to get to 59-17 junction blvd by train. I'm only around the darn A line. Last stop too.

Leave a comment:

• oflove13
    replied
    To anyone that is in the NYPD did you have to take days off from your jobs at the time for the medical, oral/written psych and agility test? I called them up to ask but didnt want to be on the phone since the lady had a terrible attitude. They are always cranky at the nypd recruiting numbers. grrr
    I feel your pain, i called to ask a few questions and couldnt even get past the first one. then i tried to tell them when they updated my address they had the wrong state, and wanted to update it and she said you need to come down here to do that i told her i was in Vegas and i pretty much got to bad every answer was you need to come here. For a agency that is hurting so bad for people you would think they would be alittle nice to the ones that are interested and not chase them off

Leave a comment:

• Tachibana
    replied
    To anyone that is in the NYPD did you have to take days off from your jobs at the time for the medical, oral/written psych and agility test? I called them up to ask but didnt want to be on the phone since the lady had a terrible attitude. They are always cranky at the nypd recruiting numbers. grrr
    Chainsaw

I have my medical, oral written, etc scheduled on a Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Chainsaw_chew
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3326 users online. 233 members and 3093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X