300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew View Post
    I know I was thinking the same thing, a buncha nasty people there with a stick up their *****! Tachibana how did you get your stuff for a Sunday? The nasty witch said that they don't do anything on a weekend only a weekday. She was like "oh well, then you gotta try for January" I was like take the sand out your vagina ya mean witch!... ok I didn't say that but would have been nice to. I don't know how the heck to get to 59-17 junction blvd by train. I'm only around the darn A line. Last stop too.
    Chainsaw

Just lucked out. City agencies are always a joy to deal with, what they dont know they throw an attitude.

BTW R,V to WoodHaven on Queens BLVD
    Standing by to stand by

Comment

everyone says that everybody they talk to at APD is cranky, but the three people I've talked to have all been nice. and I thought everyone was nice at the initial medical as well. they may have been short with you, but it was just because they wanted to get done quickly. well, the one officer was kind of a dick, but that was just because he didnt put up with sh*t. he meant well though.

Comment

everyone says that everybody they talk to at APD is cranky, but the three people I've talked to have all been nice.
        APD?

Comment

Does anyone think that the NYPD will get a new contract before the July class? I mean it's crazy! This new contract was supposed to be out already, and it's tough for people to go to the July class when they have to take such a huge paycut. Anyone have any information or input?

Comment

applicant processing division...and I dont know, I heard the perb decision is coming out soon, but it's all just rumors. no one really knows.

Comment

I have the medical this Saturday, do you think taking a copy of my degree will be good enough? It says something about a transcript but don't know if it's official transcript or not. Thanks.

Ah nevermind, i'll just have to go back to my old college to get a copy. They refused to give me one before but called them up and they will.
              Last edited by Chainsaw_chew; 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM. Reason: Found out

Comment

they tell you go bring a transcript, but no one was asked for it when I was there. but bring it just in case, of course.

Comment

Anyone here going for the JULY class?
                  In the process of completing my packet for the BI. Having scheduling problems with the written/oral psych, and JST. They are not offering them on weekend. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw_chew View Post
                    Anyone here going for the JULY class?
                    In the process of completing my packet for the BI. Having scheduling problems with the written/oral psych, and JST. They are not offering them on weekend. :-(
                    I'm done with almost everything, only thing missing is the mini-medical. they only do the process mon-friday since they only work mon-fri I belive. I had to miss school or work in order to complete the process but hey it has to be done.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                      There are tons of departments (especially out west) were new officers can live a very comfortable life, send kids to good schools, own a home, good work schedule, take home car, etc...and have the support of the Brass when things go bad.
                      But...Having NYPD on your resume looks great; it's highly respected around the world. If you can suck it up for 2-3 years you will write your own ticket for future jobs.
                      I'm doing exactly that if I don't get picked up by another agency here in NY, I have spoken to a couple of recruiters out west and they said if I do the NYPD for 1-2years I can apply and lateral over and no need to redo the academy at least that what the recruiters in AZ told me, I have my eyes on LVMPD, PHXPD, and a couple more. but from what I've heard policing out west is completely different than out here in the east.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Yeah I've heard from a lot of people including a couple of 1811's that NYPD looks great on your resume. Helps when you want to transfer to another PD or head to state or federal. SO I HEARD, and SO i will do! Hopefully i'll be a future 1811.

Comment

Current things;

Since this thread doesn't have a lot of activity and I see some faces from NYSP and other places.

1. Personnel records from NYPD are currently with held to the Port Authority.
                          There is a current law suit to overturn this policy in the courts. I have seen no Federal or other dept that has had the same problem with NYPD policy.
                          2. Current rules/procedures within the dept almost insure you will have considerable overtime IF you make criminal arrests.
                          3. The size and scope of the NYPD allows you many future assignments in varied areas of LE.
                          4. You want a LE job BAD ? NYPD will take you if you are a normal person, with normal records, and normal habits. There is no hiring freeze.
                          5. NYC has more after retirement on the job...jobs than any other city.
                          6. Getting married, your Fiance/Wife (prekids) has more high paying jobs available in NYC than anywhere else.
                          7. Mass transportation grid allows you to function without a car...very green.
                          8. The most culture diverse city in USA. Want to eat Thai, no problem. Sushi, a snap. Steak, too many to mention.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                            Current things;

Since this thread doesn't have a lot of activity and I see some faces from NYSP and other places.

1. Personnel records from NYPD are currently with held to the Port Authority.
                            There is a current law suit to overturn this policy in the courts. I have seen no Federal or other dept that has had the same problem with NYPD policy.
                            2. Current rules/procedures within the dept almost insure you will have considerable overtime IF you make criminal arrests.
                            3. The size and scope of the NYPD allows you many future assignments in varied areas of LE.
                            4. You want a LE job BAD ? NYPD will take you if you are a normal person, with normal records, and normal habits. There is no hiring freeze.
                            5. NYC has more after retirement on the job...jobs than any other city.
                            6. Getting married, your Fiance/Wife (prekids) has more high paying jobs available in NYC than anywhere else.
                            7. Mass transportation grid allows you to function without a car...very green.
                            8. The most culture diverse city in USA. Want to eat Thai, no problem. Sushi, a snap. Steak, too many to mention.
                            NYPD doesn't release personnel records to any other PD or employer, but PAPD is the only agency that has a problem with this.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                              NYPD doesn't release personnel records to any other PD or employer, but PAPD is the only agency that has a problem with this.
                              I heard they release copies to everyone. PAPD wants originals, thats where the problem is. I don't see how a federal agency will have a hard time getting records from NYPD. It's tough when you hear different things.

Thanks for the current updates Bigwill.

Comment

Anyone know how long the Mini Medical takes? Are you there all day like the first medical? Got my oral psych next week and still gotta schedule the JST. Its tough to do all of these things when you work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5735 users online. 302 members and 5433 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X