• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachibana
    started a topic Border Patrol Agent

Border Patrol Agent

Hello everyone

Does anyone have experience as a BPA? Day in the life, training, rumors, competency of the management, Pros, Cons etc...

Thanks
    Last edited by Tachibana; 03-21-2008, 07:42 PM.

• transamracer94
    replied
    So now I'm sitting at 13%, how long does it take for the Eqip to be reviewed?

Leave a comment:

• transamracer94
    replied
    Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
    EQIP sent in 5/15/19 - Eqip sent again 5/16/19 - Eqip for the final time 5/20/19 - Eqip sent to OPR 5/22/19
    Medical Exam scheduled for 5/23/19
    SI scheduled for 6/3/19
    Fitness Exam (in progress)
    Drug test (in progress)
    Poly (pending)
    BI (pending)
    Fitness Exam 2 (Not applicable)
    Final Offer (Pending)

Leave a comment:

• Parks9
    replied
    Good morning, below is how my progress has been going. Extremely long and drawn out and then a few hiccups with the people processing my documentation.

Applied 5/8/19 (18-5 VRA)
    EQIP sent in 5/01/18 - EQIP sent again 5/08/18
    Medical Exam (5/01/18)
    Fitness Exam (used military exam)
    SI w/ finger prints (10/16/18)
    Poly (12/06/18) - Passed
    BI (March 2019) then again 20 May 19 with a different BI due to the first guy messing up my paperwork
    Drug test (in progress)
    Final Offer (Pending)

Leave a comment:

• DiverB72
    replied
    Originally posted by hopefulfed36 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a question about BP marine/aviation units. In the job requirements, it seems you need prior boating/ aviation experience. If I were to join BP would it still be possible to get into those units after putting in my time (with no prior marine or aviation experience)?
    thanks!
    Are you referring to the USAJobs openings for CBP Air & Marine? If yes, then your best bet is to get on with the BP Marine patrol unit after your off probation (of course this is dependent on you being assigned to a Station that has a marine patrol unit). The BP will send you to FLETC for the Marine Law Enforcement training course (most fun course I ever attended). Some of my best BP memories were underway on the boat.

As far as BP Aviation, the BP no longer has its own air support unit. CBP Air Marine provides the air support for the BP. The BP does from time to time provide AMO with personnel to ride along and serve as crewmembers, its know as the SAM (Supplemental Aircrew member) program. It is highly competitive and most picked have some aviation experience. Its not impossible to get selected without prior experience, but it helps because it is very competitive to get on.

Leave a comment:

• transamracer94
    replied
    Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
    EQIP sent in 5/15/19 - Eqip sent again 5/16/19 - Eqip for the final time 5/20/19
    Medical Exam scheduled for 5/23/19
    SI scheduled for 6/3/19
    Fitness Exam (in progress)
    Drug test (in progress)
    Poly (pending)
    BI (pending)
    Fitness Exam 2 (Not applicable)
    Final Offer (Pending)

Should I have received an appointment by now for my fitness 1 test since I'm doing my medical this week.

Leave a comment:

• battlewagon
    replied
    Originally posted by hopefulfed36 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a question about BP marine/aviation units. In the job requirements, it seems you need prior boating/ aviation experience. If I were to join BP would it still be possible to get into those units after putting in my time (with no prior marine or aviation experience)?
    thanks!
    BP boat and aviation jobs aren't listed anywhere online. So if you saw them on USAjobs, that's probably CBP AMO, a different agency. Many of those guys come from border patrol on their maritime side of the house.

Within BP, the BP Boat Patrol requires no experience and in most sectors the selections are made without regard to experience, but instead by the rules of the detail selection process. I'd say most BP boat guys in my sector had no professional boat experience prior to getting on boats, other than fishing for fun and boating for fun. Whether you were a salty CG BM or never been on a boat in your life, you'll get sent to FLETC for boat crewman training. But once you make BP boats, get your hours, your captains license, you are a prime candidate for AMO Marine Interdiction Agent. More than half the MIAs in the sector I work in that I've gotten underway with were prior BP. The rest were BMs in the CG, and a few from here and there.

There are some BP details that ride along with AMO in their birds that get picked up as back seaters by AMO as well.

Leave a comment:

• OPena37
    replied
    I've been in the process since Feb 2018 and I just graduated. I have all but the medical portion complete and waiting for a final word on my waiver request. Should I let the hiring center know I graduated early and if so who? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• hopefulfed36
    replied
    Hi all,
    thanks!

Leave a comment:

• YOUNG718
    commented on 's reply
    Don't get too ahead of yourself. Be humble and take it step by step.

• Ohio1994
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully long before xmas. It would be nice to head to the academy by July or August

• transamracer94
    commented on 's reply
    I'd be really happy if I can get through it all and get an eod before xmas.

• Ohio1994
    commented on 's reply
    It’s beem faster than I expected. Hopefully the pace picks up just a little. I’m ready to get through it and get an EOD date

• CCCSD
    replied
    Those are THEIR stories. Who knows how truthful they are.

Battlewagon gave you solid advice.

Leave a comment:

• transamracer94
    commented on 's reply
    @Ohio1944 I did apply direct hire, I'm hoping the pace stays like this and I don't get slowed down.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7933 users online. 352 members and 7581 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X