X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amelen14
    commented on 's reply
    @big_bob_69,

That depends - I applied VRA, hold a TS, and have 14+ years of service. For me, I applied/passed my exam in in March 2019, passed my polygraph in July 2019, passed background and received my final offer in Feb 2020 - I was offered El Centro, Calexico, Brown Field, a couple AZ locations, and a couple TX locations. They wanted me to head to FLETC early around March 2020 but I'm on active duty orders until next month. So, application to offer about a year, but I also had a couple of components reciprocated that expedited me.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Amelen14; Yesterday, 01:08 AM.

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    fathitman, do you know if CBPOs can do shift trades: pick up someone's shift for extra $$?

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    How long did the process take you? Do you mind sharing what locations you were offered?

Taking the exam tomorrow so I'm just curious how quickly they're getting people through the process.

• Amelen14
    replied
    Good morning team,

Original EOD 14 Aug, pushed to 4 Nov due to COVID, now pushed to 25 Jan due to COVID again. Anyone else seeing this movement?

Heading to Brown Field Station in San Diego from McNary Field - Salem, OR.

Tango!

AM

Leave a comment:

• fathitman
    commented on 's reply
    45k OT money is more OFO than BP. OFO does the traditional OT double time since it is written into law for customs to get that money so unless they change the law they can't change our OT pay. BP got screwed out of money when they changed their system.

That being said hit 45k in OT is pretty easy when you work at a big port. If you work at a small or med port you will be lucky to hit 5k in OT for the year. Night diff and Sunday/Holiday pay is pretty nice as well. When you are a GS-12 it comes out to be around 15k+ in extra money every year.

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks battlewagon. Been reading older posts and all your other info is very helpful too.

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    BP agents get BPAPRA. Once a year you elect for 8,9 or 10 hours you get paid extra pay accordingly (8 hours/0% extra, 9hr/12.5%, 10 hr/25%.

However this pay is flat rate. BP agents are exempt from OT laws.

You can't trade days arbitrarily with other agents just to get more hours. You have to work five days a week, or have leave in place of days. Sectors will often have surge operations and offer extra days to people so you can opt to give up one or both of your days off and work that day. However, again that day is flat rate. It still adds up because once you've been in and you're making $40/hr or more, it's a few hundred extra per day. But it'll blow your mind how many 8+ years in guys you talk to at muster who think those extra days they're working are time and a half. The defeat in their eyes when you show them the pay scales and do the math on their pay stub for them.

There have been talks in the past about block schedules or whatever you want to call them, 4/10s etc but not in place right now unless things changed very recently
    Last edited by battlewagon; 07-02-2020, 07:47 PM.

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    Do BPA get LEAP? I saw something about a 25% increase in pay, but it had a different name than LEAP (something about BPA Pay Act of 2014 or something like that). So I wasn't sure.

Do BP Agents also get overtime in addition to that? I guess I can read back through the 656 pages on this forum and see lol.

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    For BPA, can you do shift trades to pick up extra hours? Such as, get approval to work someone else's shift for them on your day off, and you get their pay - as straight pay not OT, but still it would be some extra $$?

• DRohn167
    commented on 's reply
    That would be for the position of CBP Officer which does not receive LEAP (Law Enforcement Availability Pay). LEAP is an additional 25% of your salary each year which is built in as automatic overtime per se. But Agents do not receive overtime in the typical since like CBP Officers do which is what the 45k cap refers to.

Someone with more knowledge on the subject please correct me if I’m wrong or if this information is lacking in anyway.

• big_bob_69
    replied
    What sort of overtime could you expect as a first year GL-7 agent?

Edit: seeing where you can make up to $45k in overtime. I assume you're not going to see anywhere near that, right?
    Last edited by big_bob_69; 07-01-2020, 11:24 PM. Reason: New info

Leave a comment:

• big_bob_69
    commented on 's reply
    How fast are we talking?

• HSIApplicant
    replied
    I’ve never seen something move so fast.

Was offered gs-9 tentatively.

Leave a comment:

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    Anyway, I hope you don't think I am being an idiot or procrastinating for not just putting in my applications NOW while the cutoff is at 40. My reason for not applying for these jobs presently has nothing to do with anything under my control, long story short.

• Page
    commented on 's reply
    OK, thank you. Hopefully they leave at least one of the two at 40 for another year at least. That's all the time I've got left. Of course, not like there is anything I can do about it either way, I was just wondering. I had been sort of counting mainly on BPA as staying at 40 because that seemed like pretty much a constant - it has been that way for as long as I have known. But I see where you are coming from, maybe they will put it back to 37 due to not wanting higher risk older academy trainees with the COVID situation. I really hope they don't though.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3555 users online. 277 members and 3278 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X