• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachibana
    started a topic Border Patrol Agent

Border Patrol Agent

Hello everyone

Does anyone have experience as a BPA? Day in the life, training, rumors, competency of the management, Pros, Cons etc...

Thanks
    Last edited by Tachibana; 03-21-2008, 07:42 PM.

• sarah_rod25
    commented on 's reply
    Hey sorry I didn’t get back soon enough. I don’t get I. Here everyday. How did your SI go?

• sarah_rod25
    commented on 's reply
    When did you apply? I’m curious if it’s going to be awhile for me to get sent to the poly or not

• Anthony_525
    commented on 's reply
    Many people.

• $hrapnel
    replied
    Took the poly. I have to go back again for re-testing. Anyone else have to do this?

Leave a comment:

• Radio Raheem
    commented on 's reply
    Whoa! Blockbuster?! Haven't heard that in a while.

• Anthony_525
    replied
    Any other 19-4’s in here?

Leave a comment:

• Talonderiel
    commented on 's reply
    NGUChris,

No one can really tell you much about the SI as we all sign an Non-Disclosure Act at the beginning of it... But breathe easy, it's nothing to get worked up over. It's just a standardized interview, compared to what I used to run when hiring people for Blockbuster.

And generally, you will have a panel at SI. If you have ever done a board with the military or a hiring board with a local PD/SO, then it's very similar. You got this!

• NGUChris
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on passing the SI! What was it like? Just one on one and going over your background/e-qip? I have mine Thursday

• Talonderiel
    commented on 's reply
    I applied for both programs... When I did the PFT1, they just did the 14" step and I did the higher numbers for BPA. All carried over for me.

• Oram3189
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthony_525 View Post

If you look at the links you posted you will see that they are not the same. Step test for BP is 14” and CBPO Is 12”. BP is 20 push-ups while CBPO is 12
    Ah ok I see, I've read some cpbo applicants claiming it crosses over but I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• sarah_rod25
    replied
    I was told that if you failed the structured interview (i passed) you start right back at that spot if you apply again within 6 months. Does this also work with the pft-1? I or any other part of the testing process? I am just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony_525
    replied
    Originally posted by Oram3189 View Post

If you look at the links you posted you will see that they are not the same. Step test for BP is 14” and CBPO Is 12”. BP is 20 push-ups while CBPO is 12

Leave a comment:

• Oram3189
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthony_525 View Post

The PFT1 is different and so is the exam

from what I have gathered-zero chance
    PFT1 for BPA and CBPO are the same.

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/bpa-pft-1

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-pft-1

Leave a comment:

• Anthony_525
    replied

Originally posted by Oram3189 View Post
    Hey guys, Just got my NORs for 19-5 BPA (90). Im 50% done with my process for CBPO GS-7 in Nogales and Highgate. I heard the progress in CASS carries over for BPA but was wondering if anyone knew for sure. Also what are the chances of choosing the Northern border if I got the call for BPA and getting it? (I understand slim to none but has anyone been given the north?)
    The PFT1 is different and so is the exam

from what I have gathered-zero chance

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8549 users online. 334 members and 8215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X