Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapper92
    commented on 's reply
    Answered my own question. Different offices handle each different piece of the process. There isn't any coordination that I know of. Zero frustration here, I have time. They did let me know that AD Military can place their status on hold while overseas. It's really hard to keep looking at other agencies when this one is already so easy to work with.

• Sapper92
    commented on 's reply
    If I were in your shoes, I'd go El Cajon - just like SHU mentioned. (Might be because his photo is literally a San Diego character) Cost of living is high out there, but the more you are willing to commute, the better it gets. Can't beat the location for outside work activities. Most other places on that list are pretty plain. Working out of El Cajon, you could live near beach, desert, mountains, or city with the same amount of commute. The ideal place for the indecisive. Teachers have a lot of options, and I've known a few teacher + LE couples out there who live well.

• Scrabulous
    commented on 's reply
    I'm married with kids and my wife is a school teacher. Thanks for the information.

• SHU
    replied
    Are you single without kids? Or are you married and your wife makes good money? If so take El Cajon, hands down. Most of the places on that list suck. If you can't afford El Cajon/SDC, then the next sector, that is affordable, is Yuma. But be forewarned, it is hot as hell in the summer. I wouldn't take anything in NM or TX on that list.
    Last edited by SHU; Today, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scrabulous
    replied
    Good morning all,

I received my offer with an EOD of 9 March 2020.

The following were offered:

Wellton, AZ
    Yuma, AZ

Laredo, TX
    Marfa, TX
    Presidio, TX
    Alpine, TX
    Sanderson, TX
    Van Horn, TX
    Sierra Blanca, TX

Lordsburg, NM

Calexico, CA
    Brown Field, CA
    El Cajon, CA

Any input for locations would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too worried about the aspects of the job at each location. I would like a location for my family. Specifically, looking for a location with amenities, good neighborhoods, education, health. I'll shovel **** as long as the family is happy.

Thank you for your input.

CBP were very flexible with finding a EOD with more available locations. They offered 9 January 2020, 6 February 2020, 10 February 2020. There appeared to be a EOD every two weeks in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Sapper92
    replied
    What's up everyone,
    Just began the hiring process for BPA, 20-1. Much appreciated to all the info in this thread, its been a huge help. The following is my timeline so far:

10/10/2019 - Applied
    10/17/2019 - Selected
    10/21/2019 - E-Qip email notification
    10/21/2019 - Structured interview Scheduled (Automatically)
    11/05/2019 - Last day to send in medical screening (SHPE for transitioning vets)

Just wanted to let all the homies know it's possible to get in this process while still Active Duty Military. 350 days left... Anyone know how flexible these offices are with scheduling PT tests and poly? I have to fly from Europe to attend this interview, and would really like to check all the in-person tasks off the App checklist with one trip (+- 3 wks). Its a long-shot, I know, but I'm hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• DJ9
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. I received the same one last week.

• Gh3isT
    replied
    I also got this e-mail this afternoon. I'm assuming it is just a generic one, correct?

"CBP is excited for your interest in a Border Patrol Agent career. CBP is looking for individuals dedicated and committed to help us carry out our mission. We thank you for your interest and are sure you will find your future career with CBP rewarding.

In order to ensure we are providing you with the assistance and support you need during the application process, we have CBP customer service staff available to answer any questions you may have about your application process or about your future career with CBP. You may reach CBP by email [email protected]dhs.gov or contact CBP by phone at (855) 500-3722.

Please note we are currently upgrading our communication technology and if you choose to contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by phone you may receive a delay in response. But be assured if you leave a message we will return your call in the order in which it was received."

Leave a comment:

• Gh3isT
    replied
    I know this question has been beaten to death, I will admit am lazy to browse through the 600+ pages, so figured I would ask away. How long after getting confirmation on passing poly do you scheduled for the drug test? Or is it just hurry up and wait again? Just anxious is all. Thanks in advance for answering this question probably for the 1000th time.

Leave a comment:

• Ebbo1227
    commented on 's reply
    I also received an email last week that due to internal office organizational changes the HR professional currently working on my background investigation paperwork has changed. And they asked me to recertify my e-QIP., I did that last week Thursday and I submit it.

• Scrabulous
    replied
    I received a voicemail at 12:59 this afternoon with a final offer of employment. I received an e-mail as well. Waiting on a return call to find out offered locations.

Leave a comment:

• RGVmore
    replied
    Good afternoon everyone So I responded to the email I received last Thursday from IA HQ-Contractors in regards to the NOPA, and they said they will respond me as soon as possible with a final decision, but today I received an email stating i have been assigned another case manager and requesting me to re certify my E-qip. Has this happened to anyone? Does it mean I continue with the hiring process? or should I still wait an email from NOPA?

Leave a comment:

• Scrabulous
    replied
    Since CBP is adopting Glock 47, has the academy started training with the new Glock? Will the academy issue agents with the duty Glock at graduation or will it be issued in the field?

Leave a comment:

• RGVmore
    replied
    Levithane, battlewagon thank you all for your insight, hopefully I pass the BI and am given a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Scrabulous
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the information.

I’m in the process with CPBO VRA GS9 20-1. I have to schedule the PFT-1. I’m surprised the BPA PFT-1 doesn’t carry over to the CBPO. Smh.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9071 users online. 465 members and 8606 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X