X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a2002slp
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Allistar
    Make sure you come physically fit, I see many guys get destroyed during pt. Also brush up on your study/learning habits, there is a lot of studying and hw, you don't want to fall behind. I guess the most important tip is to treat FLETC as a full time job not a frat party getaway, so just make sure you get your priorities straight. If you get that covered, you should be good to go.
    Thank you great advice I will deffenitley work more on my reading habits, physically I'm in good shape I run everyday n have no issues with push ups or sit ups normally 50-60 proper push ups in a minute n about 35 sit ups Ive worked hard on that so I will only have to worry about the academic portion of the academy. One more question, how is the food? I know kind of a silly question but just curious about the quality.

Comment

• TheKansan
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by a2002slp
      One more question, how is the food? I know kind of a silly question but just curious about the quality.
      Let's just say that you will really like some of it, and absolutely hate some of it. After nearly 4 months down here, I am just tired of it and ready to go back to cooking my own meals.

Last night was steak night and the steak was a little tough, but the crab cakes and baked potatoes were great.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• a2002slp
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by TheKansan
        Let's just say that you will really like some of it, and absolutely hate some of it. After nearly 4 months down here, I am just tired of it and ready to go back to cooking my own meals.

Last night was steak night and the steak was a little tough, but the crab cakes and baked potatoes were great.
        I can live with that, esp if big poppa is picking up the tab. But like you I would much rather cook my own meals But well have plenty of time for that after the academy

Comment

• Myst
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2011

I'm taking the test on the 23rd of this month. Those who took the test, do you guys think its best to study the grammar rules for the ALT that they have in the preparation booklet, or will it be completely different on the test.

Comment

• striketm
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2010

When I saw in the DVD that it is the same, you may want to study those before the test

Originally posted by Myst
            I'm taking the test on the 23rd of this month. Those who took the test, do you guys think its best to study the grammar rules for the ALT that they have in the preparation booklet, or will it be completely different on the test.
            Go wildcats!

Comment

• semper03
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2011

Practice making and using a cheat sheet for the 12 rules. The rules are exactly the same just different letter arrangements as the practice exam. Make a cheat sheet on the day of the test with the rules and you will fly through the ALT with lots of time to spare. http://www.honorfirst.com/alt.htm has the basic layout of the "cheat sheet" read the study guide. Good luck.

Comment

• mm91186
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2011

I check the cass website and it said that I met all the requirments to become an border patrol agent and it said someone will contact me for the next process. Do any know how long that will take?
                NYPD
                Exam #: 8132
                List #: 10xx
                Medical: - Completed
                Written Psych: Completed
                BI: 3/13/12- Completed
                Oral Psych:3/26/12 Completed
                JST: 3/31/12-Completed
                Mini Med-Completed

Comment

• a2002slp
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by mm91186
                  I check the cass website and it said that I met all the requirments to become an border patrol agent and it said someone will contact me for the next process. Do any know how long that will take?
                  Right now it's deff slowed down alot I'm on the same boat as you, but my file has been sent to scheduling.the cass system will let you know when that happends. I was told it might be a couple of months due to the fact that a couple of months ago they had 2 classes a week and now it's 2 classes a month. Just don't think about it n when you least expect it they will call.

Comment

• amillot
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2011

I got my EOD for CBPO.
                    My question is, after working as CBPO for a while, how easy is it to move on to BPA?

Comment

• madchiken
                      Relocation Expert
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by amillot
                      I got my EOD for CBPO.
                      My question is, after working as CBPO for a while, how easy is it to move on to BPA?
                      Its as easy as applying like every other entry level applicant. Minus the Medical and BI.

Comment

• JayBe88
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2008

Any info will be gladly appreciated.. I have recently received in the mail priority from US CBP a piece of paper regarding fingerprints and the fingerprint cards. The sheet of paper just explains to fill out and I received a return envelope. I am just lost on the part of no explaination on what it is I am needing these fingerprints for. I know I have applied for Border Patrol, but it just shocks no introduction letter was placed with the fingerprint cards stating this is in reference to such and such. If anyone has had this happen to them fill me in because I am all for getting finger printing. Also, there is a sticker that says TACS-BI on it. Thanks
                        "It drops deep as it does in my breath
                        I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
                        Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
                        I think of crime when I'm in a New York State of Mind" -Nasir Jones

Comment

• zkostrze
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by JayBe88
                          Any info will be gladly appreciated.. I have recently received in the mail priority from US CBP a piece of paper regarding fingerprints and the fingerprint cards. The sheet of paper just explains to fill out and I received a return envelope. I am just lost on the part of no explaination on what it is I am needing these fingerprints for. I know I have applied for Border Patrol, but it just shocks no introduction letter was placed with the fingerprint cards stating this is in reference to such and such. If anyone has had this happen to them fill me in because I am all for getting finger printing. Also, there is a sticker that says TACS-BI on it. Thanks
                          It's for your Background Investigation for BP. You need to go to either your county Sheriff's HQ or to the closest BP station (I tried the local PD HQ and they said they don't do fingerprints for that anymore). They will fingerprint you and you just mail it back. Hope that helps.
                          Border Patrol Agent
                          Applied - 11/11/2010
                          Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                          NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                          TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                          TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                          PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                          BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                          Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                          Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                          Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                          Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• A_Gillespie
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2011

I got something small from Rumatime dot com. Works out well for me for classes, but you cant wear it during PT.
                            Thanks guys, good thing I asked I was planning on spending the extra cash on a nice one but ill just get a beater watch for now.
                            Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
                            Applied: 7/15/10
                            Exam: 8/20/10
                            Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
                            TSL 1: 9/10/10
                            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
                            Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
                            Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
                            Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
                            Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
                            The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
                            TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
                            The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• A_Gillespie
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2011

Man that's tuff to hear, my paper work was sent to scheduling on the 26 oct n still haven't received the call I'm Gettin a little worried lol what are you finding to be the hardest part of the academy?
                              I'm at the academy now and it did slow down, but I think it will pick up again at the beginning - summer of 2012. I think that due to the way some of our instructors talk about it.
                              Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
                              Applied: 7/15/10
                              Exam: 8/20/10
                              Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
                              TSL 1: 9/10/10
                              TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
                              Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
                              Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
                              Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
                              Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
                              Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
                              The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
                              TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
                              The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• a2002slp
                                Forum Member
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by A_Gillespie
                                I'm at the academy now and it did slow down, but I think it will pick up again at the beginning - summer of 2012. I think that due to the way some of our instructors talk about it.
                                I'll take that as good news, Thanks I received an email I was told no more than 2 months well see how well see hopefully less than that

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18001 users online. 20 members and 17981 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...