Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHU
    Grumpy
    • Jul 2005

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• RAllen
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2010

I saw that the FBI has recently extended their drug use disqualifications to include prescription drug abuse within the last year, or in some cases the last 3 years. Any idea on how the BP views prescription drug misuse? Obviously if someone has been consuming pain meds not prescribed to them in large quantities they are not a good fit for the BP and would not be hired, but I've yet to see any policy on the subject similar to that of the FBI.
      You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.

-Jack London

Comment

• ee78
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2010

Since I'm a naturalist that doesn't consume anytime of anti-biotics or pain killers I don't have any worries with such stuff. Even when I tore a ligament I refused to take pain killers.

Comment

• ee78
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2010

Has anyone heard any news on when they are beginning academies?

Comment

• madchiken
            Relocation Expert
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ee78
            Has anyone heard any news on when they are beginning academies?
            You mean other than the new class or two every week?

Comment

• MNCop2b
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by pepe
              Wow!! I might not have a tentative offer after all. For some reason I put the wrong e-mail address at the time I applied. Well I got a voice mail 2 days ago (11/17/10). It was some guy from the Minneapolis hiring center and he stated that they tried to send me a "tentative selection letter" via e-mail but my address was nonexistent. They instructed me to call back if I was still interested in the position, so that I could correct my electronic address. So I did, but yet have not received the so call "tentative selection letter". My point is that with all this technicalities I might have jump to conclusions assuming that that letter was my TO. With all my drama being said I'll let you guys be the judge of my naive assumption.
              You may want to re-think Border Patrol (or law enforcement in general) if you can't pay attention to detail on your hiring paperwork. The instructors in Artesia will have your *** for breakfast with a simple mistake like that.

Comment

• Crash 1058
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2010

I went to a New Balance store (It's a running outfit) and although a little pricey, they measured my feet and stance and gave me the right inserts to go with my shiny new shoes. I've been a running fool since. Ok, maybe not a running fool, but I'm 38 years old and 1 1/2-2 miles 3-4x/week at 0500 is a good start, I'd say. The point is, these are your feet-AND your knees. What price would you put on getting it right and keeping them-and you-healthy? Not knocking Walmart or RiteAid, but I don't see too many "athletic" types in Walmart. Know what I mean? Good luck to all of you and remember, the hardest part about working out...is getting there and working out.

SC
                Timeline:
                Written: 8/31/10 (LAX)
                NOR: 9/2/10 (86%) NVP
                Qualified GL9
                TSL1: 9/22/10
                TSL2- Eqip: 10/22/10
                OHB: 11/01/10 (Passed)

Comment

• pepe
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MNCop2b
                  You may want to re-think Border Patrol (or law enforcement in general) if you can't pay attention to detail on your hiring paperwork. The instructors in Artesia will have your *** for breakfast with a simple mistake like that.
                  Omg...lmao! You are right! Starting tomorrow, I will go to McDonald's to fill out an application. Jk! It was an honest mistake, really, but thanks for pointing out the fact of paying close attention to detail. I will take that into serious consideration. By the way I do have a TO, I was just having second thougts about it since the guy that left the msg wasn't so clear. I really appreciate your input and hope to learn more down the road. After all that is why I'm here at O.com, to seek for help and advice.
                  Last edited by pepe; 11-23-2010, 07:06 PM.
                  "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                  Written Test: 10/04/10
                  NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                  TSL 1: 11/17/10
                  OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                  Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                  TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                  e-QIP: 05/08/11
                  BI Interview: 07/26/11
                  Drug test: 08/05/11
                  Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                  CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                  Written Test: 12/09/10
                  NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                  TSL 1: 06/14/11
                  PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                  VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Pixelshadow
                    SERVE AND PROTECT
                    • Dec 2007

Have any of you checked out HonorFirst.com <---- excellent resources under the forum section! Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• ee78
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2010

Has anyone's CASS updated as of late? I took my medical on 10/11 and still hasn't cleared.

Comment

• avalon42
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ee78
                        Has anyone's CASS updated as of late? I took my medical on 10/11 and still hasn't cleared.
                        Nope, and I took mine a week ago. It goes from the medical contractor, to CHS, then back to the Medical unit at MHC. At MHC, there is a certified medical doctor that goes over your file and looks over the results. Imagine his/her stack.

Standby to standby, like always.

Comment

• stantobiwan
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2008

Relocation Question

Just had a question regarding one's move to his or her duty location.

Is it common practice or a requirement to move to your duty location prior to starting the Border patrol Academy? I would think all the relocation would come after the academy. From what I understand you officially receive your assignment at that point. And if that's the case, how much time is one usually given to complete his or her relocation after the academy?

Comment

• DC27
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2010

The HonorFirst FAQ touches on that,

Q. Will we get any time off between the academy and our duty station?

A. You will be given the opportunity to apply for leave toward the end of training. You will probably accumulate about 40 hours (one week) of leave during training. Add to this your two days off on both ends and you can be off for about nine days before going to work. For you folks who have served in the military, your two days off each week are not deducted from your leave balance. Example: If you have Sunday and Saturday off (work week is Sun - Sat) you can request Monday through Friday as leave days and be off a total of nine days.

I'm sure someone else can fill in with the real world answer.

Comment

• mackabo
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2009

Got a call to schedule my polygraph this morning...but I already took it as part of my CBPO reclear. I informed the polygrapher of this and he looked it up and told me I was good to go. He also said that they were beginning their mass hiring push, and that all applicants will be polygraphed. He told me twice that I should receive the call before Christmas since I have already passed the polygraph, but I remain cautiously optimistic.
                              CBPO
                              Written 08/08
                              TO 02/09
                              TSU 06/09
                              BI Expired 04/10
                              Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                              Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                              TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                              Written 08/10
                              TO 09/10
                              TSU 11/10
                              THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                              FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• seeOH
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2007

We must have spoke to the same person lol Same exact thing happened to me. Great guy... good news to hear what he said about the hiring push. I told him I am not going to hold my breath. lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18750 users online. 41 members and 18709 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...