300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
    I don't go pedantic over minor grammar/typo issues found on web forums. Why? Compared to other mediums, the internet is probably more informal than any other form of communication found out there. Anyone that has been using the internet for more than (Hi, madchiken!) six months should have that simple principle figured out by now. Keeping the following into consideration, anyone that makes judgments about another individual without personally knowing who he/she is because he/she failed to add an apostrophe or a comma on a web forum needs to lighten up.

Yes sir, thank you very much sir, for answering my post over at Honor First, sir!

Give me a break...
    Right on...when I learned about this forum I began reading it and learned alot about peoples expiernce in becomming BPA or testing. I really don't look into peoples communitcation skills or grammer.
    I just want to thank all these people in this forum in advance who are helping the BP applicants out ......Oh and by the way, I do reccomend honorfirst.com for new applicants just to get a feel what to expect in the academy.
    So my BI wrapped up all the interviews yesterday and is sending all the paper work to D.C. Lets see how long I have to play the waiting game
    Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• CBP Agent applicants in Michigan

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello to all.

I have a couple of questions regarding the hiring process for the Detroit area.

How long does the process seem to be taking for this area? So far it seems to be going pretty fast for a law enforcement position, I took the written a month ago and already completed the oral board and med/physical test, and now I'm waiting for the BI.

Anyone know what locations their offering people in Michigan? I’ve heard Port Huron, anyone know about any other locations?

Anyone know what our schedules will be like once all training is completed and we return to our permanent duty station, what kind of shifts, how many on/how many off, OT etc....?

And my biggest question is that I have heard from several different people that after completing the academy, they are sending us back to our permanent duty stations and NOT to the sw border for the 10+ months. Two people I know heard this from recuriters, the third person is someone who knows someone whos nephew is in the academy and states the he is coming back to the detroit area after he finishes the academy. Can anyone else verify this??

Comment

• Seriously correcting someones punctuation or grammar on a freaking forum is VERY LAME, not every1 is sworn here PLUS this isnt a Use of Force report or a crime report of some kind so whats the BFD(Big F Deal)? Its a damn forum lol. Everyone relax and answer the questions of these hopefuls if you know the answer.
        What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitAgent09 View Post
          Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello to all.

I have a couple of questions regarding the hiring process for the Detroit area.

How long does the process seem to be taking for this area? So far it seems to be going pretty fast for a law enforcement position, I took the written a month ago and already completed the oral board and med/physical test, and now I'm waiting for the BI.

And my biggest question is that I have heard from several different people that after completing the academy, they are sending us back to our permanent duty stations and NOT to the sw border for the 10+ months. Two people I know heard this from recuriters, the third person is someone who knows someone whos nephew is in the academy and states the he is coming back to the detroit area after he finishes the academy. Can anyone else verify this??
          Welcome DA09, I am metro Detroit, myself. When was your entrance exam?
          My CASS has been going smooth also, I sill have quals and BI to go.
          I am looking forward to moving out west. I will miss the mitten, and her seasons.

I had heard about the option to go directly to a post, other than the SW border, out of academy. I just thought he was misstaken. That would be great for people not looking to uproot their entire lives.

Good luck in the whole process.
          Border Patrol Timeline
          Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
          Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
          Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
          Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
          Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
          Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
          Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
          Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
          Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Hey, just saying hello and welcoming myself to the forum. My timeline is in my signature if anyone is curious. Good luck to everyone.
            Entrance exam: score 98 - 10/27/08
            Recieved T.O. - 11/5/08
            Fitness/Medical: passed - 11/19/08
            Oral board exam: passed - 12/16/08
            Drug test: passed - 12/31/08
            Qualifications: GL 7 - 3/5/09
            TSU: 3/11/09

Comment

• http://www.organichealthwellness.com/?p=282

The U.S. Border Patrol plans to poison the plant life along a 1.1-mile stretch of the Rio Grande riverbank as soon as Wednesday to get rid of the hiding places used by smugglers, robbers and illegal immigrants.

If successful, the $2.1 million pilot project could later be duplicated along as many as 130 miles of river in the patrol’s Laredo Sector, as well as other parts of the U.S.-Mexico border.

That being said, during the Vietnam War, an ''estimated 21,136,000 gal. (80 000 m³) of Agent Orange was sprayed across South Vietnam. 4.8 million Vietnamese people were exposed to Agent Orange, resulting in 400,000 deaths and disabilities, and 500,000 children born with birth defects.''

Are our Agents going to be exposed to this? A friend of mine sent me the following and I wanted to share it with you folks.
              Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 03-25-2009, 09:26 PM.
              United States Border Patrol
              08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Thats nice!!!!! Any of you guys picked Arizona as Geo. Preference?

Comment

• Originally posted by transitiveradio View Post
                  Hey, just saying hello and welcoming myself to the forum. My timeline is in my signature if anyone is curious. Good luck to everyone.
                  Trans, good luck man. It's great to see you got excepted to TSU. Keep us updated!!

Comment

• Originally posted by transitiveradio View Post
                    Hey, just saying hello and welcoming myself to the forum. My timeline is in my signature if anyone is curious. Good luck to everyone.
                    Whoa, quick time line! I guess I better get my butt running some more!
                    Originally Posted by Law100
                    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• I am in tsu and AZ geo pref. anyone else? I have been in TSU for 4 weeks now. Look, if you cant handle someone bustin your chops on the net, how are you going to handle someone on the border trying to bust your head open with a cinder block??? Im just sayin.... If you don't like they way you are being critizied, then dis em back, end of story, lets not turn this into a whiny, crying message board come on people!!! And last but not least GO SUNS!!!
                      5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
                        I am in tsu and AZ geo pref. anyone else? I have been in TSU for 4 weeks now. Look, if you cant handle someone bustin your chops on the net, how are you going to handle someone on the border trying to bust your head open with a cinder block??? Im just sayin.... If you don't like they way you are being critizied, then dis em back, end of story, lets not turn this into a whiny, crying message board come on people!!! And last but not least GO SUNS!!!
                        Lol, supermario, there is a big differance between a forum and someone "trying to bust your head open with a rock"...

Comment

• when i cjanged my geo preference to arizona the lady I talked to said that Arizona is one of the places they need the most agents.I wonder why you been on TSU for a month??

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                            when i cjanged my geo preference to arizona the lady I talked to said that Arizona is one of the places they need the most agents.I wonder why you been on TSU for a month??
                            I know tell me about it, I am hoping that it is just because there are a ton of files on their desk.

Also, I know there is a big difference between a cinderblock to the head and trash talk on a forum. I am just sayin have tougher skin, dont cry because some anonymous person makes fun of someone. Just give it back to em, you know.
                            5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• All of us here share one common passion.

The fact that people are trash talking/acting like smart asses should be proof regarding the lack of respect they have towards other applicants.

I'm not going to go down to their level just to return the favor. I'm better than that.

I'm just glad there are a few respectful Agents remaining here.

Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                              Seriously correcting someones punctuation or grammar on a freaking forum is VERY LAME, not every1 is sworn here PLUS this isnt a Use of Force report or a crime report of some kind so whats the BFD(Big F Deal)? Its a damn forum lol. Everyone relax and answer the questions of these hopefuls if you know the answer.
                              God bless you and thank you for what you do.
                              Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 03-26-2009, 04:07 PM.
                              United States Border Patrol
                              08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• What happened to CASS?
                                BPA:
                                Written Test: Passed (97%)
                                Reactivated Feb 09
                                Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                                Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                                Medical Exam: Completed
                                Drug Test: Completed
                                Fitness: Completed
                                Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                                Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                                Written Test: Passed (80% )
                                Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                                Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4711 users online. 251 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X