300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nelly View Post
    madchicken you gotta chill........he's just looking for answers don't answer them if you don't want to.
    No thanks, I'd rather have someone like the poster quoted below watching my back then someone who can't even take the time to write something that makes sense. This agency has hired some absolute crap recently. While not everyone is crap, the crap pulls all of you down. The rest of you that aren't crap should be telling the crap to shape up or ship out.

Originally posted by SHU View Post
    I'm not a agent. I'm what they call an intern. I sit in the front row for muster, fill up the gas, wash the truck, keep my mouth shut and ears/eyes open to learn everything I can. One day in the future I'll be a PA.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      No thanks, I'd rather have someone like the poster quoted below watching my back then someone who can't even take the time to write something that makes sense. This agency has hired some absolute crap recently. While not everyone is crap, the crap pulls all of you down. The rest of you that aren't crap should be telling the crap to shape up or ship out.
      JB would be very disappointed...
      United States Border Patrol
      08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

I guess if nothing in your life hasn't changed since then that'll work.
        Only thing that changed was a couple of bucks in one of my saving accounts .

I actually side with Madchicken, I am not a native English speaker but I try as hard as I can to get it right when I am writing in forums or anywhere else. Everyone, be it a native English speaker or not, should shoot for perfection in the things that will help you in the future.
        BPA:
        Written Test: Passed (97%)
        Reactivated Feb 09
        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
        Medical Exam: Completed
        Drug Test: Completed
        Fitness: Completed
        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
        Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
        Written Test: Passed (80% )
        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
          Sounds like your angry "madchicken" anyways,

My investigator is rapping up with my interviewers this week and I can't wait what the future holds for me. Could be 2-6 months, could be 6-12 months. Just like all the posts are syaing we have to prepare mentally and physically for the acondomey
          Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

Sounds like your angry
            Not at all, just telling it like it is.

Comment

Sounds like your angry "madchicken" anyways,

My investigator is rapping up with my interviewers this week and I can't wait what the future holds for me. Could be 2-6 months, could be 6-12 months. Just like all the posts are syaing we have to prepare mentally and physically for the acondomey
              I'm glad this isn't an entry at Honorfirst, there would be some issues with spelling and/or proper grammar. I see JB (sigh)ing, and for good reason, people always get caught with you are=you're not your.
              Good luck Nelly, I hope you realize that if you get to the "academy," people will be much harder on you than madchiken!
              Last edited by pappabacon; 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling
              Originally Posted by Law100
              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by gsa85 View Post
                Passed my OB today. Thought for sure I had failed, but alas...
                I know the feeling. I thought for sure I had failed mine too, I sat there thinking about the time I was going to have to wait and reapply!

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                  I'm glad this isn't an entry at Honorfirst, there would be some issues with spelling and/or proper grammar. I see JB (sigh)ing, and for good reason, people always get caught with you are=you're not your.
                  Good luck Nelly, I hope you realize that if you get to the "academy," people will be much harder on you than madchiken!
                  Lol i'm sorry im not up to your standards. I work at a fast environment job which causes me to type at a fast rate so I really don't proof-read when im doing this. And I never said madchicken was being hard on me...this is a forum, people ask questions if you don't want to answer them then don't keep the side remarks to yourself.
                  Corrections: "We face what society fears."

Comment

• nelly is right. if you do not want to answer then dont. i dont see what is the problem with it

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                      any BPA here???
                      I hope to answer yes to this question one day, but for now, just an applicant here.
                      Border Patrol Timeline
                      Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                      Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                      Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                      Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                      Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                      Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                      Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                      Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                      Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• I wasn't trying to cause anyone any anger or frustration, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I was just pointing out something that has been pointed out numerous times on many threads all throughout this website: coherent sentences are important. I am sorry if my pointing out someones sentence or spelling caused people to feel like I was getting down on them, or somehow because I wasn't answering someones specific question, I had no right to state a comment. This is a forum, everyone has the right to post, within reason, whatever they want (even if it isn't a direct answer to someone else's question/comment.)

That being said, as I have said numerous times, good luck to everyone in the process.
                        Last edited by pappabacon; 03-25-2009, 12:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• No problem, I'll just stop answering people's questions. I don't get anything out of it besides better quality backup from those that stfu and listen. I think you guys are down to 2 or 3 agents still answering your questions.

Edit to add:

Anyone serious about becoming a Border Patrol Agent should be a member of the forums over at HonorFirst.

HonorFirst.com

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol/start
                          Last edited by madchiken; 03-24-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thereaperman
                            haha classic!!!

madchiken and papabacon, settle down big fellas

Comment

• I agree that honor first is a bit abrasive, but there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained there. I have seen very big arguments over lots of things on officer.com, I read a post earlier where a poster was accusing a retired officer of being a liar and he doesn't even know him. I think that there are many LEO's who spend plenty of time on here answering many questions, and sometimes they get hit on a bad day. Everyone should be allowed to have a bad day, especially in this line of work.

Comment

• I don't go pedantic over minor grammar/typo issues found on web forums. Why? Compared to other mediums, the internet is probably more informal than any other form of communication found out there. Anyone that has been using the internet for more than (Hi, madchiken!) six months should have that simple principle figured out by now. Keeping the following into consideration, anyone that makes judgments about another individual without personally knowing who he/she is because he/she failed to add an apostrophe or a comma on a web forum needs to lighten up.

Yes sir, thank you very much sir, for answering my post over at Honor First, sir!

Give me a break...
                                Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 03-25-2009, 01:52 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11829 users online. 390 members and 11439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X