Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months waiting for the B.I. to clear. I wonder if ill ever get out of this!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
      SUPERMARIO how long did you wait to get the B.I. cleared???? And how long were you in TSU???
      My BI took about 3 weeks to complete and 2 and a half to clear. I am still in TSU, on the 23rd it will be 30 days since I got the letter.
      5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• did you move around alot? I am a arizona native so I think it was easier for the BI to verify all my info, because its all here, not spread out all over.
        5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• super,
          how long were you 'in security office'?
          trainee

Comment

• still waiting for the pre-employment packet to get here for the reactivation process
            BPA:
            Written Test: Passed (97%)
            Reactivated Feb 09
            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
            Medical Exam: Completed
            Drug Test: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
            Written Test: Passed (80% )
            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Question for those who are at the academy or the ones who have gone through it...Let me see if I can get my question across clearly in English...

I know the final physical requirement is the mile and a half in less than 13 minutes and the obstacle course, however, I was wondering if there are minimum daily or weekly requirements in the physical part of the training. I know I can handle the running, my weakness are push-ups. So my question is, Is there a minimum number of required push-ups you need to make daily or weekly? or is that part up to you? I know I will get shouted at, mocked, etc etc. if I can't do them, but Can I be disqualified from the academy for it?
              BPA:
              Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• NOP im a florida native!!!!!!! I really dont know why my backround is taking so long. I have been done with everything exept the B.I. since September.
                Belive me it is a pain. I just wanna get this over with

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                  I know the final physical requirement is the mile and a half in less than 13 minutes and the obstacle course, however, I was wondering if there are minimum daily or weekly requirements in the physical part of the training. I know I can handle the running, my weakness are push-ups. So my question is, Is there a minimum number of required push-ups you need to make daily or weekly? or is that part up to you? I know I will get shouted at, mocked, etc etc. if I can't do them, but Can I be disqualified from the academy for it?
                  Personal opinion from what I've seen thus far:

You will fail this academy if you do not come prepared to work out hard.

You can't get kicked out of the academy for not being able to do the pushups or a set of exercises (officially you get counseled, which is besides the point I'm making). But let me tell you how this works (cause I've seen it firsthand). You show up out of shape and can't do the mat room exercises (pushups, crunchies, body builders, sun gods, etc), have issues with evolutions, can't figure out the DT techniques, etc etc... The instructors will lock on to you. You are a target. They will make your life miserable. They will do their best to make sure that every day when you show up for PT they will kick your butt. This means you have to do more work. More work means two things: Either you're going to be weak in the mind and decide to quit, or you're going to injure yourself. Most of the time it's injuries, but other times people just give up.

Injuries means you better get healthy within the 10 PT days you have (or whatever it is, I don't remember exactly) or you're going home. If it's serious enough they'll just send you home regardless. You see where this is going? You don't come prepared and you're going to suffer and run the higher risk of getting a serious injury.

My advice to you is to start knocking out pushps every day. Set some goals. Make sure your technique is correct as well.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I received a called today from a guy in DC telling me that I can not get hired by the BP because according to them my wife lived here Illegally from the moment we got married to the day she got her green card,(around 9 months). The funny thing is that I did that because an immigration officer told me that she could stayed with me here in the U. S after our marriage, she had a valid visa and I went to ask so I could do the right thing but now a employee from the same department(DHS) tells me that the other immigration officer was wrong and even that my wife got her green card and technically we weren't breaking any laws I cannot work with them because it looked bad and I don't have any proof that the officer told me that. Also he told me that my US citizen sister is Illegal in the states, she also filed papers for her husband with no problems, she is in the university and received Government loans and grants so I don't understand why they come out with all that crap now. I'm just frustated!!!

Comment

• Escarlata, tough one man. Good luck.
                      trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                        Question for those who are at the academy or the ones who have gone through it...Let me see if I can get my question across clearly in English...

No you will no be kicked out but you will be miserable. You will be dogged on a daily basis. You will get C&Es. Lots of them. I've seen people go through this and it is not pretty. It is much worse than I can describe to you. You see if you are weak in PT it makes the academics much, much harder. You will be under constant stress. You have got to get your upper body and abdominal strength up if you plan on making it over that wall on the C course. You have got the time ahead of you if you really want to make it happen for yourself. But start right away. As in today. Google "100 push ups plan" And start it right away. I'm serious. Also go to the LVMPD website and download their pre academy PT plan. Follow it to a "T" and you will make it. But you do not have another day to waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESCARLATA View Post
                          I received a called today from a guy in DC telling me that I can not get hired by the BP because according to them my wife lived here Illegally from the moment we got married to the day she got her green card,(around 9 months). The funny thing is that I did that because an immigration officer told me that she could stayed with me here in the U. S after our marriage, she had a valid visa and I went to ask so I could do the right thing but now a employee from the same department(DHS) tells me that the other immigration officer was wrong and even that my wife got her green card and technically we weren't breaking any laws I cannot work with them because it looked bad and I don't have any proof that the officer told me that. Also he told me that my US citizen sister is Illegal in the states, she also filed papers for her husband with no problems, she is in the university and received Government loans and grants so I don't understand why they come out with all that crap now. I'm just frustated!!!
                          Originally posted by SHU View Post
                          No you will no be kicked out but you will be miserable. You will be dogged on a daily basis. You will get C&Es. Lots of them. I've seen people go through this and it is not pretty. It is much worse than I can describe to you. You see if you are weak in PT it makes the academics much, much harder. You will be under constant stress. You have got to get your upper body and abdominal strength up if you plan on making it over that wall on the C course. You have got the time ahead of you if you really want to make it happen for yourself. But start right away. As in today. Google "100 push ups plan" And start it right away. I'm serious. Also go to the LVMPD website and download their pre academy PT plan. Follow it to a "T" and you will make it. But you do not have another day to waste.
                          Thanks to both of you and I am working on it and I will look up those plans. The running and the sit-ups do not worry me but those push-ups haunt me.

Again Thanks A Lot
                          Last edited by BPA2Be; 03-18-2009, 01:09 AM.
                          BPA:
                          Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• I started the 100 Push up program my arms are hurting like crazy

Bahahaha
                            BPA:
                            Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Ronald, im in the same boat you are, so if it makes you feel any better i have been waiting since sept for my BI to clear also. I dont have alot in BI except a minor run in with the law 4 years ago. but i have gotten no where with calling and writing e-mails. So i am just sitting here waiting for some good news hopefully soon..best of luck to you.
                              Border Patrol Agent:
                              Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                              Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                              Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                              Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                              Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                              Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                              Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                              TSU-4/21/2009

Comment

• dang man our situation sucks!!! I saw in other forums that they are far behind doing B.I.s Who knows, right now they might be doing the B.I. for somebody that submited it like in april 08!!
                                Nwayz it sucks!! the waiting is a killer.on a good note some peoples b.i. take a week to clear. LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7363 users online. 393 members and 6970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X