300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
    I did mine at a compressed site. We tested in the morning, after a break we came back and got our test scores and the Agent answered questions. There wasn't an oral interview that day. I think it would be difficult for them to do that given that each interview has more than one Agent involved. We had 150 or so people take the test, only 64 passed. Those people were then scheduled to sit for an interview the following week. If they would have been doing the orals the same day, we would have been there all night. With the parts we did, we were there for 8 hours. The day of the orals was several hours long as well, with at least 15 agents on site.

Now to answer your actual question about wearing a suit to the interview. I highly recommend it. Each step of the process should really be treated like a job interview, for a professional organization. Don't wear jeans, you will hear it from the Agents and the oral itself is already a little rough. Wear a suit, shine your shoes, and comb your hair. You will be happy you did. About 60% of the people at the test showed up in jeans, I don't think that day is a big issue, but everyone showed up to interviews with a tie on. On a side note, you shouldn't think about it as how you look if you are overdressed, better to be overdressed than under dressed. Just my .02 cents.

Good luck
    Gotcha...I was planning on dressing business professional for the interview either way. I was just wondering if we would've gotten to the oral that day. Since we get a break, I'll bring a suit with me, and if for whatever reason, they do the oral that day, I'll be prepared. Thanks again for your input!

Comment

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
      Gotcha...I was planning on dressing business professional for the interview either way. I was just wondering if we would've gotten to the oral that day. Since we get a break, I'll bring a suit with me, and if for whatever reason, they do the oral that day, I'll be prepared. Thanks again for your input!
      Best of luck, the test is looooooong.
      Originally Posted by Law100
      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• anyone got a tsu date yet?

Comment

• I also took mine in a compressed site, test in the morning, lunch break while they scored it, the ones that passed stayed for about another hour while the recruiters gave us the instruction for the pre-employment packet and then we were sent on our way, I was in a polo and jeans, and so were most of the people there.

For the interview yes business attire, suit is not needed, a nice long sleeve shirt and tie should do it.

Good idea bringing the suit just in case

Good luck Skasif
          BPA:
          Written Test: Passed (97%)
          Reactivated Feb 09
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
          Medical Exam: Completed
          Drug Test: Completed
          Fitness: Completed
          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
          Written Test: Passed (80% )
          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Pay Question?

OK I see two threads on this forum.

One that says CBP and then one that says BPA. Arent they both Border Patrol Agent threads, or am I missing something?

Anyway. Pay Question?

What scale and step can a BP Agent make it to? I am trying to get an idea on what a Border Patrol Agent can potentially make. I thought I seen a GS-9 on one announcement and then a GL-11 on another. I really dont know the difference between the GS and the GL. Figured someone on here could shine some light on this rather then me searching all aroud.

Comment

• Originally posted by dotcomer View Post

One that says CBP and then one that says BPA. Arent they both Border Patrol Agent threads, or am I missing something?

Anyway. Pay Question?

What scale and step can a BP Agent make it to? I am trying to get an idea on what a Border Patrol Agent can potentially make. I thought I seen a GS-9 on one announcement and then a GL-11 on another. I really dont know the difference between the GS and the GL. Figured someone on here could shine some light on this rather then me searching all aroud.
              I think CBP refers to a Customs and Border Protection Officer, those are the people who work at the ports of entry. BPA is Border Patrol Agent, those are the individuals who "watch the line." The journeyman level for Border Patrol is GS-11. I would recommend you spend some time searching though, as you are likely to draw the ire of some people on these forums who get angry when people don't use the search button. If you take the time to read this whole thread, you will learn a lot.
              Last edited by pappabacon; 03-13-2009, 05:31 PM. Reason: delete my "expletive"

Comment

• Thats what I thought. But someone else told me that CBP was a a Border Patrol Agent so I was confused.

I figured it was Customs.

Comment

Thats what I thought. But someone else told me that CBP was a a Border Patrol Agent so I was confused.

I figured it was Customs.
                  Both work under the Customs and Border Protection umbrella, but serve 2 different purposes.
                  http://cbp.gov/
                  Last edited by pappabacon; 03-13-2009, 05:31 PM. Reason: add url

Comment

• Originally posted by ronaldbur View Post
                    ive been waiting 6 months for my b.i. to clear!! its so annoying. i wonder why it takes so long.
                    I don't know, maybe because there are 14,000+ applicants currently in the hiring process for BP. Plus several thousand for CBPO, AIA, MIA, Aggies, and the various support positions throught CBP. Don't forget to add in several thousand current agents, officers, inspectors, and the support staff going through their 5 year BI.

Comment

Anyway. Pay Question?

I think you may want to start at the begining of this thread. I believe this was answered several times during the first few pages.

Comment

• I found the info on CBP website. It was easier then I thought. Thanks for the feed back though.

Comment

• Guess who got to pee in a cup today??????

Also, CASS updated my page, 3 down 4 to go!

Yay me!!!
                          Border Patrol Timeline
                          Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                          Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                          Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                          Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                          Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                          Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                          Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                          Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                          Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                            Guess who got to pee in a cup today??????

Yay me!!!
                            Congrats! I enjoyed peeing in the cup. Thankfully, they turned the faucet on .
                            United States Border Patrol
                            08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
                              Guess who got to pee in a cup today??????

Yay me!!!
                              I want to pee in a cup.

Comment

• This is a dumb question, but, BP does additional BG every 5 years?
                                5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12764 users online. 388 members and 12376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X