300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
    In case anyone else is wondering, I mailed my Farnsworth D-15 scores last week and today CASS updated. At last, I am medically cleared!
    yay...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      Maybe we should send him to check the fence...
      After what happened, I wouldn't send my worst enemy to do that. I'd do it myself before ordering someone to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
        Congratulations on the medical clearing. I finally showed up in CASS today, same day I mailed my background/life story packet. I only have 1 check mark, 6 more to go!
        Keep your head up high and don't feel discouraged. I applied 12/09 and got into backgrounds on 03/02. I'm 3 months into the process and it's going by pretty fast. I know I'm going to be bashed for saying this but I spoke to a Supervisor down in San Diego and he told me that he has seen people get to FLETC within 4-6 months. Looking at my time line and the time line of others, it's starting to make sense now. Considering we are dealing with the Federal Government, the process is pretty frickin' fast!

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        yay...
        Whoop de whoop!
        Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM.
        United States Border Patrol
        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

I apologize if my sarcasm came out the wrong way. My post directed to you had a lot of quotation marks which referenced to the theoretical question I had asked for the sake of discussion. I tried to lighten things up a bit but even after that, I kept on getting bashed. To be honest with you, I appreciated your posts and your ability to try to answer my question without any bashing. However, there are many power tripping posters in there and I'm done with that forum. Like I said, I'm not the first and I won't be the last either. I registered with great intentions, a positive attitude, and even thanked all PA's for what they do. A day later, I deleted my account feeling ridiculed. I expect that in the academy but to get that out of a forum is a bit too much. I know individuals like JB are trying to 'prepare' applicants for the academy but keep in mind that there is so much you can do with the use of loaded words and phrases on a web forum.

I applied to the Border Patrol because this is an agency that I have great deal of respect for and the hiring process has been great so far despite so many ups and downs. I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty and I'm pretty sure no one really cares about what I have to say, but the attitude of Honor First has been the most discouraging so far.

God Bless you and thank you for taking the time to bear with us. We applicants look up to you and hope to join you sometime in the near future.

Regards.

In case anyone else is wondering, I mailed my Farnsworth D-15 scores last week and today CASS updated. At last, I am medically cleared!
          Alcatraz-
          You missed the whole point of the discussion on HonorFirst. First getting stopped and ticketed (72 in a 65) is a fairly minor infraction in the grand scheme of things. I was a cop for 10 of the 19 years I've been in law enforcement. Again, although not there, I've been in that situation several hundred times and generally the 'break' is on the side of the person who committed the violation. I would guess there was something more that the officer DIDN'T write you for (white line violation, cutting someone off,...) and ended up with giving you a relatively minor violation.

If I remember correctly (since you deleted your posts), you did a 'trial by written declaration'. I'm assuming that the judge has the officer's citation and notes and your 'written declaration' and makes a decision. Based on the information contained in those, that judge dismissed the ticket. Does it mean that it will not show up on your criminal history query? No. It depends on if where ever you were enters that info into the criminal history database or not. I've seen way too many 'charges' (even minor moving violations) that are on a QCH rapsheet with or without a disposition. You don't disclose and it shows up, you are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Consider the integrity involved in being a law enforcement officer in any jurisdiction. When I asked you if you thought the officer lied, you said that no, you didn't call him a liar, but HE made a mistake with giving you a ticket. Part of integrity is 'doing the right thing' and generally if there is a doubt, most officers will err on the side of caution (a verbal or written warning or writing for a more minor infraction). The LEOs here will tell you that they have pretty much heard all the excuses and being told that they 'made a mistake' in giving a ticket is not one of the more inventive ones.

So did I ask a loaded question with 'Did the officer lie'? Yes. Because I wanted to see the integrity in your response. "No, but there were mitigating circumstances that I wasn't allowed to present. Those were given to the judge in a written declaration and he dismissed the case" type of answer. Instead it turned into your defensive diatribe and was then brought over here to say how unprofessional the HonorFirst site is. I'm disappointed in that, but for every negative comment, there are a lot of positive ones that say HF is still going the correct direction in providing information. The other 'challenge' is that many of our applicants are 'economic refugees' who would have never considered law enforcement a couple of years ago. Most are not what Lt. Col. Grossman would call 'sheepdogs' and trying to create that mentality has to start early. TV and the movies have given people a false sense that they can do the job, when the reality is that they cannot.

These resources are FREE for you to use. Use them wisely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
            ~sigh~

I tried to answer your question without any bashing and instead you basically showed me your middle finger. I noticed you went back and deleted all your posts. I noticed this because I actually went back to see if maybe I came down too hard on you. I read my posts to you, and I'll stand by them. The way you ****ed on me after I tried to help you bothered me for an hour or two, but I got over it. I'm sure you will too.

I'll say it again, if you don't like that site, then don't go there. No one's twisting your arm. If you think it's all niceness here, then you haven't read some of the replies on some of the other threads.

Anyway, stay safe out there.
            I think I have seen that sigh before somewhere else...
            Originally Posted by Law100
            Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Keep your head up high and don't feel discouraged. I applied 12/09 and got into backgrounds on 03/02. I'm 3 months into the process and it's going by pretty fast. I know I'm going to be bashed for saying this but I spoke to a Supervisor down in San Diego and he told me that he has seen people get to FLETC within 4-6 months. Looking at my time line and the time line of others, it's starting to make sense now. Considering we are dealing with the Federal Government, the process is pretty frickin' fast!

!
              I was actually really excited, I was getting a bit nervous about it.
              Originally Posted by Law100
              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• I really don't want to go over all these posts to find an answer to my question. Perhaps some experienced Border Patrol Agent can answer this; I did 20 years with LAPD, last 5 as a Sergeant. I've been with the County of LA now for twelve years, the last 8 as a Sergeant. I'm 50 and burned out on the big city. I just found out I want to move to Needles.

Am I too old for the Border Patrol, if not, is it possible to get assigned close to the Needles area?
                "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle" J. Pershing an ARMY General

Comment

• Sorry there bossman, 40 is the max without prior federal service.

Comment

• Solohammer- I can't wait for my chance to go to the fence, or cover my partner who is going.

For what its worth, there is TONS of GREAT info on HF. There is also some attitude from applicants, rejected applicants, agents and former agents. There are few things that haven't been asked/answered there. Use the search option and don't post unless you are ready for ridicule. There are also several agents who are respectful with informative posts.
                    trainee

Comment

• Everyone, approximately how many days/weeks after your case being in the security office did you get a call from your background investigator?
                      United States Border Patrol
                      08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Okay, I filled out the online application and am scheduled for this written test in April. My main concern is my qualifying for GL- 5 as far as work experience.
                        I have been going to school since, October 2007, at least two classes a quarter. I am going to get my AA in maybe a year or longer.

As far as work experience, I am only 20 years old at the moment, but I have had a job since I was 16.

-Diswasher for two years
                        -Security guard for two years, same company, quit once and went back to them after a month of unemployment
                        Worked at Papa Murphy's for 3 months (horrible job, had to quit lol)
                        Presently, I work at my moms school and supervise kids at recess and do corssing guard after school

Lol, it doesnt seem like much, but it's all I got. You think they will pass me through?

Comment

• I have my poly on Monday. I have heard the poly is random, sucks that if it's true I got selected.
                          BPA - Pending BI
                          Two local depts. - Pending BI

Comment

• Originally posted by low_clazz View Post
                            I have my poly on Monday. I have heard the poly is random, sucks that if it's true I got selected.
                            Are you already done with your BI or is this before your interview with the investigator?

Comment

• whats in the security office means?? ive been waiting on my backround to clear for 6 months

Comment

• as of today is the border patrol hiring people still?????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5552 users online. 323 members and 5229 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X