Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im curious, how is life in FTU? What is the difference between being in field training vs being on your own? Do you still have to go to classes? Or is it strictly working with a senior agent?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Pta

Took my PTA today. One step closer to the academy.
      BI question-- Will they accept it from my CBPO app?

BPA
      tested/NOR-6/07/08
      E-qip-6/16/08
      mailed paperwork/fingerprints-6/20/08
      PTA-6/26/08

Zooming along!
      USSCP
      Faxed App 7/28/10
      Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
      Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Very fast.

Not a position I want to be in but it boils down to what I will regret more: quitting with 1 semester left to go and repay loans or deferring the position and/or re-applying.
        Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
          Very fast.

Not a position I want to be in but it boils down to what I will regret more: quitting with 1 semester left to go and repay loans or deferring the position and/or re-applying.
          You should definately defer. The job will still be there when you graduate in one semester.

I don't think you'll have to reapply, but if you do your test, OB, and BI will still be current, so it's a relatively quick process.

Also, those positions on the northern border are for hard to fill spots (very remote) and you first have to do 1.5 years TDY on the southern border.
          Last edited by Tirofijo; 06-27-2008, 01:10 AM. Reason: add info about northern border

Comment

• Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
            Very fast.

How many classes short are you? I am 2 shy of a B.S. which I could complete in 2 months depending on a few things. I don't think I would drop the schooling to accept a BPA job in my situation if it came to it.

Comment

• Oral Board

Scheduled for my Oral July 11th.
              Much faster than I anticipated.

BPA
              tested/NOR-6/07/08
              E-qip-6/16/08
              PTA-6/26/08
              Oral Board-7/11/08
              USSCP
              Faxed App 7/28/10
              Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Good luck Gitmovet
                Standing by to stand by

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                  Scheduled for my Oral July 11th.
                  Much faster than I anticipated.

BPA
                  tested/NOR-6/07/08
                  E-qip-6/16/08
                  PTA-6/26/08
                  Oral Board-7/11/08
                  Scheduled Oral for 07/12/08. They have in the letter to bring your spouse?? I'm assuming it's some sort of orientation? Not sure why they would request them if your position still isn't concrete yet.

Any folks know how long the process will be after Oral? My BI and Drug Test already passed from my application process for Customs. That was the big hold from before so I'm sure it's going to be at least a little bit quicker.

Comment

• so the oral board is not a traditional police style oral board? Can't be if u can bring your spouse? I took the test back in 06, passed it after studying the fake language the night before, but was still in school. Now I am a year out, with no real LE opportunities here in MA, looking to get some more info on the BP

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                      so the oral board is not a traditional police style oral board? Can't be if u can bring your spouse? I took the test back in 06, passed it after studying the fake language the night before, but was still in school. Now I am a year out, with no real LE opportunities here in MA, looking to get some more info on the BP
                      This was taken directly from the B.P. site

Q:
                      What is the "Oral Board"?

A:
                      The Oral Board is a structured interview given by three Border Patrol Agents. The interview consists of situational questions that do not require technical knowledge. The structured interview assesses a candidate’s judgment/decision making, emotional maturity, interpersonal skills, and cooperativeness/sensitivity to the needs of others. These qualities are the key to successful performance as a Border Patrol Agent. The oral board is a pass/fail interview. Candidates must receive a "pass" in all areas in order to continue in the hiring process. The Oral Board Interview usually takes place within six weeks after you receive a tentative selection letter.

You can find lots of usefull info at honorfirst. From what I've seen the B.P. is hiring alot right now.
                      Last edited by BPA2b; 06-30-2008, 02:24 PM.
                      Border Patrol Process

Written Test---4/21 (101 testers-23 passed)
                      Medical--------5/19
                      Oral Board------5/19
                      Physical Agility--5/19
                      Credit Report Pulled---6/06
                      Random Drug Test-----6/13
                      B.I. Started Field Interviewing---6/24
                      Employment Qualifications Cleared For G-5 6/26
                      Meet With B.I. From The D.H.S.-------7/7

http://<span style="font-size:12px">...rst.com</span>

Comment

• Originally posted by Thulsa75 View Post
                        Scheduled Oral for 07/12/08. They have in the letter to bring your spouse?? I'm assuming it's some sort of orientation? Not sure why they would request them if your position still isn't concrete yet.

Any folks know how long the process will be after Oral? My BI and Drug Test already passed from my application process for Customs. That was the big hold from before so I'm sure it's going to be at least a little bit quicker.
                        The orientation is before the interview. I have to travel about two hours to get there, and we can't get a babysitter that early in the morning so it'll be just me. I'll have to take lots of notes.
                        My BI is still pending for CBPO so I'm hoping it transfers. Some of the other stuff already did. After the oral board they'll both be caught up and it'll be a race to see who gives me the first offer.
                        USSCP
                        Faxed App 7/28/10
                        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                          The orientation is before the interview. I have to travel about two hours to get there, and we can't get a babysitter that early in the morning so it'll be just me. I'll have to take lots of notes.
                          My BI is still pending for CBPO so I'm hoping it transfers. Some of the other stuff already did. After the oral board they'll both be caught up and it'll be a race to see who gives me the first offer.
                          What location preference did you select for CBPO? I've been on EOD list for Kentucky since Jan 08. No more funded vacancies...

Comment

• I do not mean to undermine anyone but why would a candidate as a border patrol agent would want to consider a position as a cbp officer? As far as I understand, one is sedentary in a booth and the other is the complete opposite: 100% hands on.

I got the go ahead for the cbpo paperwork but I am looking for a good reason not to. I am confussed......

BPA
                            test: 04/08
                            Results: Passed - 04/08
                            COE Received - 05/08
                            Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                            Panel: 07/08: Passed
                            BI: ?..
                            CBPO
                            test: 03/08
                            Results: Passed - 04/08
                            COE Received: 06/08
                            Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                            VBT: Passed 07/08
                            BI: ???
                            FBI
                            Phase I: 05/08
                            Results: Passed 05/08
                            Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                            Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                            Panel: 10/08: ???
                            PFT: 11/08: ???
                            USSS
                            TEA test: 08/07
                            Panel: 02/08

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                              I do not mean to undermine anyone but why would a candidate as a border patrol agent would want to consider a position as a cbp officer? As far as I understand, one is sedentary in a booth and the other is the complete opposite: 100% hands on.

I got the go ahead for the cbpo paperwork but I am looking for a good reason not to. I am confussed......

Location is pretty much all I can think of. CBPO seems like pretty boring work.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                                I do not mean to undermine anyone but why would a candidate as a border patrol agent would want to consider a position as a cbp officer? As far as I understand, one is sedentary in a booth and the other is the complete opposite: 100% hands on.

Along with location there's also the posibility of more money. COPRA OT( if you can get it) will pay far better than AUO.

Don't be fooled by the hype either. Yes, PA's will likely see more action, but there's action and inaction in either job.

CBPO's do far more than sitting in a booth at most locations outside of airports and some BPA's are stuck working checkpoints and sitting on X's. A CBPO in Calexico or Otay Mesa will see far more excitement day-to-day than a PA in Noyes, MN or Scobey, MT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7512 users online. 405 members and 7107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X