Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it guys. In and out there are talks about polygraphs, and I know that they used to issue them to applicants when I just applied, but since then I haven't really heard of them being used. Don't sweat it, get your stuff squared away, you'll be good to go.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
      Will a speeding ticket that was issued and later dismissed in court constitute 'contact' ?
      I just say that so that EVERYTHING is covered. They can't say that i didn't ask after they are denied for false testimony.

The BI most likely isn't going to care about traffic tickets, unless you have several. Again, if you are on the fence as to whether something needs to be disclosed, you definitely want to bring it up.

Remember, the BI is 90% testing your honesty. That is the #1 concern and the main method of determining suitability for a federal law enforcement position. Don't give you BI the opportunity to dig something up on you that you just happen to "forget". Not only will that drag on the process for you, but it may also end your chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by JobMePlease View Post
        I just say that so that EVERYTHING is covered. They can't say that i didn't ask after they are denied for false testimony.

The BI most likely isn't going to care about traffic tickets, unless you have several. Again, if you are on the fence as to whether something needs to be disclosed, you definitely want to bring it up.

Remember, the BI is 90% testing your honesty. That is the #1 concern and the main method of determining suitability for a federal law enforcement position. Don't give you BI the opportunity to dig something up on you that you just happen to "forget". Not only will that drag on the process for you, but it may also end your chances.
        And to answer your question...yes, that does constitute contact.

If you have two speeding tickets and paid fines, it probably isn't necessary to dig up the exact info on each incident. It also doesn't hurt to just mention "I've had two speeding tickets and i paid the fines."

If you ever went to court for anything, including civil matters, I would absolutely mention it. Again, tell them everything and you probably won't be contacted until they say "You have been referred to TSU."

Comment

• TPA3312: I have 116hrs as of now. In two months I will have 128hrs. The “tentative offer” comes after passing the initial test and going on to the 2nd step?

Shu: Yeah, I wasn’t for sure on that, I just saw it mentioned somewhere. I wouldn’t even mind putting of the last class for a while if I were given the offer in June though. I just don’t want to be sitting around months after I graduate and not be on my way into my career.

Pappabacon: So that 1 person is possibly the one that had a somewhat sketchy background, and they just want to clear up some things?

I’ve also applied for a number of other federal jobs within the past couple of weeks. I would just rather have more options than none when I am done with school. I took Spanish a few semesters ago and didn’t do well in it…mostly b/c I had no motivation to do well. I wasn’t planning on doing border patrol at the time, and I knew I was going into another foreign language besides Spanish the following semester. Do you think that will hurt my chances, being that I took it and didn’t do well, or will they be more likely to go off the artificial language test score?

Comment

• Polygraph

Originally posted by BM150280 View Post
            So, 3/26 I will take the written exam. I got my study guide/prep manual in the mail yesterday, but I have been studying off the cbp.gov web site.
            A couple questions:
            Is there a polygraph for the Border Patrol Agent position or not? I have seen a couple postings referring to a polygraph exam, but I've seen nothing on cbp.gov or honorfirst. Didn't know if the person was applying for cbpo or what, but it was under this thread that I saw the posting.

I am still in college, and after May I will only have one more class to take. I know some people run right through the hiring process and are hired in a couple months, but for some it takes nearly a year. Do they offer some type of deferment program that would allow me to complete my school (graduate in Dec)? I am starting the process now b/c I don't want to be without a career once I graduate.
            I have read through about 30 pages on this thread and I will try to keep from asking questions that have already been answered.
            Yes they do conduct polygraph exams and yes it is random. I was one of the lucky one to get one. They schedule for a time shortly before I meet with my background investigator. Not unlike the background itself, when the adminstator completed the poly he let me know what his findings were and what he was recommending to the adjudication office. They will review his findings at the hirining center and if it is questionable they reschedule another poly. Thankfully one was enough for me.

Border Patrol Agent
            04/2008 - Applied for Border Patrol Agent position. (USA Jobs)
            5/2008 - Compressed/Expedited Testing - PASSED (Score: 87.0 +5)
            6/2008 - Paperwork/e-QIP - SENT
            6/2008 - Oral Interview/Urine Analysis/Medical/Physical Fitness - PASSED
            10/2008 - Polygraph exam
            10/2008 – BI started
            11/2008 – BI completed (2 weeks) Investigator was helpful in keeping me informed.
            12/22/2008 - DD-214 and retirement orders sent to hiring center.
            12/31/2008 – Retired from Navy (21yrs 4mos)
            01/21/2009 – BI cleared adjudication.
            02/05/2009 – Referred to Training and Scheduling
            Presently – Waiting for “the Call”

Comment

• Ok, I had my interview back in august and failed , I just reactivated and Im trying to find all the help I can so I will be more prepared for my next interview, I know you cant really help me a lot because of the confidentiality agreement but any general help that could be given will be greatly appreciated.
              BPA:
              Written Test: Passed (97%)
              Reactivated Feb 09
              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
              Medical Exam: Completed
              Drug Test: Completed
              Fitness: Completed
              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
              Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
              Written Test: Passed (80% )
              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Hey guys, I just read something on the Honor First forums and am not sure if I understood the following correctly.

If, during the hiring process, you are found to be NOT medically clear but retest at your expense and eventually get the approval, do you have to go through he same process when you get to FLETC?

If I recall correctly, someone said something about the FLETC doctors giving you their approval as well besides the one granted by DHS.

Thanks in advance.
                United States Border Patrol
                08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                  Hey guys, I just read something on the Honor First forums and am not sure if I understood the following correctly.

If, during the hiring process, you are found to be NOT medically clear but retest at your expense and eventually get the approval, do you have to go through he same process when you get to FLETC?

If I recall correctly, someone said something about the FLETC doctors giving you their approval as well besides the one granted by DHS.

Thanks in advance.
                  You will get a quick chech up at FLETC before your first day of PT. If you had NMC issues, you should bring copies of all your paperwork with you to FLETC as you will not be allowed to participate in PT until FLETC clears you.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    You will get a quick chech up at FLETC before your first day of PT. If you had NMC issues, you should bring copies of all your paperwork with you to FLETC as you will not be allowed to participate in PT until FLETC clears you.
                    Thanks for the response . Assuming color blindness was the only issue I had, will re-taking the Farnsworth D15 be included in the check up? Based on what you said, I'm confident the original doctors letter that I sent out should suffice.

Regards.

Comment

• What you sent to MHC will never go to FLETC. If you had to overcome a NMC issue, bring your paperwork.

FLETC wants to make sure you aren't going to fall over and die while you are there, but its better to be safe then to sit in your room for a week and then get sent home...

Comment

• Originally posted by thereaperman
                        The people over at Honor first are so lame. That forum without a doubt gives the border patrol a really bad impression. You wouldn't see any other fed law enforcement agents act like that... hahaha
                        I think the idea is to keep people like you from applying. Meh, what do I know.

What you sent to MHC will never go to FLETC. If you had to overcome a NMC issue, bring your paperwork.

FLETC wants to make sure you aren't going to fall over and die while you are there, but its better to be safe then to sit in your room for a week and then get sent home...
                        This is worth repeating. Anything you sent to MHC should be brought to FLETC. You won't know when you're getting your FLETC checkup, but they will ask if you have a previous injury or an NMC as a result of one, and if you did get an NMC, they'll want to know if you brought the supporting paperwork. This was very helpful with convincing doctors that thought I might not be able to go through training with my previous injury.

Comment

or.. your ignorant and can't tell the difference...you remind me of madchicken
                          If you only knew how much I wanted to be like madchiken....

So, are you an applicant or just pooping on the border patrol in general?

Comment

• Grammar Police Alert

Originally posted by thereaperman
                            or.. your ignorant and can't tell the difference...you remind me of madchicken
                            You're*
                            BPA EOD - 09/06/10

Comment

Thats right!! grammar!!! ggggrrrrrrrrr
                              Wow reaper, do you have some sort of a grudge against honorfirst? Did you get rejected for poor grammar, or spelling?
                              Originally Posted by Law100
                              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

The people over at Honor first are so lame. That forum without a doubt gives the border patrol a really bad impression.
                                I agree. It's a discussion forum that certainly does not give their members the opportunity to discuss whatever is on their mind.

I think I'll avoid that place and post here from now on. Thankfully, the agents here are laid back and understand where all of us applicants are coming from.

I asked a theoretical question as to why a dismissed citation would be used against me as an 'offense' during the hiring process and they got all up on my case. Give me a break, you neither know me (whether I was speeding or not) nor the citing officer (whether he was doing his job correctly or not).

I came out of there as a person who likes to lie and state that law enforcement officers can't do their job correctly .
                                Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 03-09-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7469 users online. 447 members and 7022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X