300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
    Congrats. Not trying to steal your thunder either but I was told all went well by the Doc. and Nurse administering my test on the day of my medical/physical. I got a silly letter saying my blood pressure was high (120/84) and then found out I'm color blind.
    There is no thunder stealing; we are all on a very long process. Any step you or any other applicant takes is great, I hope we all make it. Sorry about the color blindness, where does that leave you?
    Last edited by pappabacon; 03-06-2009, 06:03 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    Originally Posted by Law100
    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
      There is no thunder stealing; we are all on a very long process. Any step you or any other applicant takes is great, I hope we all make it. Sorry about the color blindness, where does that leave you?
      I hope everyone makes it as well!

Well, I was told to take the secondary Farnsworth D-15 test and passed with a perfect score. I mailed my results from the Doctor and they got there at 10:26 AM today. CASS still hasn't updated and it still says 'You have been sent a letter requesting additional medical information.' I'm guessing they just haven't had the time to look over it.

Other than that, my case is in the security office so I'm guessing they have started my background already.
      United States Border Patrol
      08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Yes, thats correct Pappabacon, pushups ect.. Enjoy Vegas!!!

I remember reading about your leter Alcatraz. I thought about that when I was taking my test.
        So now I believe I wait for my medical and drug test.
        Have a great weekend everyone!
        Border Patrol Timeline
        Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
        Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
        Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
        Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
        Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
        Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
        Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
        Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
        Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
          Yes, thats correct Pappabacon, pushups ect.. Enjoy Vegas!!!

I remember reading about your leter Alcatraz. I thought about that when I was taking my test.
          So now I believe I wait for my medical and drug test.
          Have a great weekend everyone!
          Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Mention everything

Originally posted by NCSam160 View Post
            Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. I actually haven't applied yet. It'll be about a year before I do. I was simply asking about those other questions, the things not asked on the SF-86, so that way I can start gathering information for answers now. That way I don't have to send in corrections when I do apply. I don't want to be one of those guys that forgets to put stuff down. I want to be open and honest about everything. I just figured that if I knew what they were asking now, I could better prepare myself to answer those questions when the time comes.

I'm assuming it's pretty much the same kind of stuff on a standard personal history statement that I've had to fill out for local PDs. But I figured it's better to ask.
            Trust me, don't "accidentally" forget to mention a run-in you had with police even if there were no formal charges or final court dispositions. I work with USCIS right now, and my typical questions for applicants are:

"Have you ever been arrested before?"
            "Have you ever been in handcuffs before?"
            "Have you ever been in the back of a police car before?"
            "Have you ever had any contact with police?"
            "Have you ever been to court for any reason whatsoever?"

If you can honestly answer no to all of these questions, you shouldn't be forgetting any criminal matters.

And by the way, just because you didn't go to jail, or have formal charges filed, or have your fingerprints taken, does NOT mean that you are in the clear or that you don't have to mention it. Just a little advice from my personal experience.

I know that those comments are not specific to the above quote, but I just thought I'd mention that for everyone working on their SF-86 or planning to meet with the BI soon.

Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by JobMePlease View Post
              "Have you ever had any contact with police?"
              Will a speeding ticket that was issued and later dismissed in court constitute 'contact' ?
              Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 03-08-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• It can't hurt to put EVERYTHING and let them decide what needs to be and doesnt need to be included. Because.... if you don't and they feel you should have, you're done.

Comment

• Originally posted by thereaperman
                  Just received my written test results, scored 95 without vet preference.. pretty cool... now i have to decide if i want to carry on.
                  Why did you take the test if this is not something you wanted to do? You may have taken a spot of someone who seriously wants to do this.
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Wasn't trying to be mean. Just from your previous post you sounded like you took the test for the hell of it. I'm just one of thousand applicants trying to get though the process and got a little upset thinking someone would waste the hiring center's time and resources for fun.

Comment

• So, 3/26 I will take the written exam. I got my study guide/prep manual in the mail yesterday, but I have been studying off the cbp.gov web site.
                      A couple questions:
                      Is there a polygraph for the Border Patrol Agent position or not? I have seen a couple postings referring to a polygraph exam, but I've seen nothing on cbp.gov or honorfirst. Didn't know if the person was applying for cbpo or what, but it was under this thread that I saw the posting.

I am still in college, and after May I will only have one more class to take. I know some people run right through the hiring process and are hired in a couple months, but for some it takes nearly a year. Do they offer some type of deferment program that would allow me to complete my school (graduate in Dec)? I am starting the process now b/c I don't want to be without a career once I graduate.
                      I have read through about 30 pages on this thread and I will try to keep from asking questions that have already been answered.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM150280 View Post
                        So, 3/26 I will take the written exam. I got my study guide/prep manual in the mail yesterday, but I have been studying off the cbp.gov web site.
                        A couple questions:
                        Is there a polygraph for the Border Patrol Agent position or not? I have seen a couple postings referring to a polygraph exam, but I've seen nothing on cbp.gov or honorfirst. Didn't know if the person was applying for cbpo or what, but it was under this thread that I saw the posting.

I am still in college, and after May I will only have one more class to take. I know some people run right through the hiring process and are hired in a couple months, but for some it takes nearly a year. Do they offer some type of deferment program that would allow me to complete my school (graduate in Dec)? I am starting the process now b/c I don't want to be without a career once I graduate.
                        I have read through about 30 pages on this thread and I will try to keep from asking questions that have already been answered.
                        On the poly, I have read it's a new process the BP is starting. I'm not sure how applicants are selected. But serveral on the honorfirst forum say they had to take it.

Do you have 120 semester hours or experience for your qualifications? That is a must for your pre-employment forms once you receive a tentative offer and submit.

Comment

• In regards to BM150280, I've heard in the past that they would allow a person to do something like that but I don't know where that stands now. What you could do is just wait a little longer to take the test. I hear the process is taking a bit longer than 4 months nowadays. Double that or more. But I don't think you are going to be able to work it out where you graduate and then EOD a couple of days later. The G just don't work like that. Good luck.
                          Last edited by SHU; 03-08-2009, 01:26 AM. Reason: my tapeworm told me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BM150280 View Post
                            A couple questions:
                            From what I have been able to gather in talking with other applicants and Agents, the polygraph is random, and seems to hit about 1 out of 5 applicants.
                            Originally Posted by Law100
                            Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                              From what I have been able to gather in talking with other applicants and Agents, the polygraph is random, and seems to hit about 1 out of 5 applicants.
                              I never heard about it, when do they make u take it if you are picked? test site? during the BI? when you get to the academy?
                              BPA:
                              Written Test: Passed (97%)
                              Reactivated Feb 09
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                              Medical Exam: Completed
                              Drug Test: Completed
                              Fitness: Completed
                              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                              Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                              Written Test: Passed (80% )
                              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Polygraph. Great, another way for them to DQ some innocent candidates...

1 out of 5 isn't that bad though. If you look at the FBI polygraph success rates, you'll laugh. Apparently, they only hire angels and everyone else is a criminal .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5364 users online. 286 members and 5078 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X