X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the response!!

Comment

• [Infomation changed and removed by poster]
      Last edited by TPA3312; 03-09-2009, 07:02 PM.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
        I have a similar situation with my biological dad also. Parents split when I was around 2 also so I never knew him. I just list all infomation on my birth cert., name, dob, place of birth, and occupation, and explained in the additional infomation section that I never had contact. My investigator said it wasn't a problem during the interview. I'm sure whoever is reviewing my report can look him up if they want.
        Thanks! Just what I needed .
        United States Border Patrol
        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Well I finally applied for the USBP. I am scheduled to test on Apr. 17th. The site I selected to test is different from the site I chose for my oral board so does anyone know how much time will be between the test and the board?

Also, how hard is the test itself? The study guide is very long, do most people study hard, skim it over, or just take the test cold turkey?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
            Well I finally applied for the USBP. I am scheduled to test on Apr. 17th. The site I selected to test is different from the site I chose for my oral board so does anyone know how much time will be between the test and the board?

Also, how hard is the test itself? The study guide is very long, do most people study hard, skim it over, or just take the test cold turkey?
            First off CONGRATS!
            Is your testing site compressed? (do you get your results same day?) A compressed site really speeds things up.

I was unable to choose my oral board location, being that your in Hawaii, I guess that won"t be the only difference. My Oral review board was scheduled 1 week after my entrance exam, I did not learn of this until I passed.

Also be sure to look at http://honorfirst.com Good Luck
            Border Patrol Timeline
            Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
            Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
            Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
            Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
            Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
            Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
            Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
            Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
            Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
              First off CONGRATS!
              Is your testing site compressed? (do you get your results same day?) A compressed site really speeds things up.

I was unable to choose my oral board location, being that your in Hawaii, I guess that won"t be the only difference. My Oral review board was scheduled 1 week after my entrance exam, I did not learn of this until I passed.
              Same for me here (compressed site/oral a week later (today actually)). As for the book, I do recommend reading it, it will help you get into the mindset for the test. The test is very long, and you need to really read it. If you have taken the time to read the prep material, it will get you thinking along the lines that you should be thinking along for the test.

Good Luck!!! Keep us all posted.
              Last edited by pappabacon; 03-06-2009, 08:53 AM.
              Originally Posted by Law100
              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• I didnt choose the compressed testing because I still have 8 months on active duty. Im trying to time it up so hopefully I wouldnt have too much time between jobs.

Thanks everyone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcvann23 View Post
                  I didnt choose the compressed testing because I still have 8 months on active duty. Im trying to time it up so hopefully I wouldnt have too much time between jobs.

Thanks everyone!!

I started my compressed schedule back in May/June and I am waiting for "the call" now. I was also waiting to leave the military but it was nice to have everything completed with the exception of my background final adjudication and me sending them my dd-214 when my seperation date came. It's good that your starting the process now. Good luck.

BPA
                  04/2008 - Applied for Border Patrol Agent position. (USA Jobs)
                  5/2008 - Compressed/Expedited Testing - PASSED (Score: 87.0 +5)
                  6/2008 - Paperwork/e-QIP - SENT
                  6/2008 - Oral Interview/Urine Analysis/Medical/Physical Fitness - PASSED
                  10/2008 – BI started
                  11/2008 – BI completed (2 weeks) Investigator was helpful in keeping me informed.
                  12/22/2008 - DD-214 and retirement orders sent to hiring center.
                  12/31/2008 – Retired from Navy (21yrs 4mos)
                  01/21/2009 – BI cleared adjudication.
                  02/05/2009 – Referred to Training and Scheduling
                  Presently – Waiting for “the Call”

Comment

• NCsam- just write down on a paper your entire work history and on another paper your entire residence history. you will need the full address and phone number of all employers, and the full address of all residences. that does include zip codes. if you can gather all of that then the only thing that will need to do is input basic information about yourself: SSN, DOB, ect. and then transfer the information that you wrote down on paper to the SF-86. there won't be any surprise question or anything like that. what you saw is what you will need.

Comment

• Passed! Thanks to everyone who gave me the little bit of information you could before my Oral Interview today. I was quite sure I failed, but I passed. Now onto the Physical Assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                        Passed! Thanks to everyone who gave me the little bit of information you could before my Oral Interview today. I was quite sure I failed, but I passed. Now onto the Physical Assessment.
                        Good Job!!!
                        My wait in the hallway was brutal when I did the oral interview, but never the less I also passed.

Not to steal your thunder but I had my pre-employment fitness test today, I passed!
                        I was told everything was great, with the exeption of a small blip on my EKG. The doctor said it is quite common especially in althletic type people, which I am. He also said to expect a request for further review from a chardiologist to make sure all is well, so I don't die on the DHS's watch.
                        Border Patrol Timeline
                        Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
                        Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
                        Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
                        Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
                        Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
                        Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
                        Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
                        Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
                        Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

Good Job!!!
                          My wait in the hallway was brutal when I did the oral interview, but never the less I also passed.

Not to steal your thunder but I had my pre-employment fitness test today, I passed!
                          I was told everything was great, with the exeption of a small blip on my EKG. The doctor said it is quite common especially in althletic type people, which I am. He also said to expect a request for further review from a chardiologist to make sure all is well, so I don't die on the DHS's watch.
                          +1 on the hallway wait.

By Fitness Test you mean the step test, sit ups, and push ups, right? This is then followed by a medical appointment? Did you see anyone really struggle with the step test? I am tempted to go buy a few cinder blocks to stack in my garage to step on because they want like $50 for one of those exercise steps.
                          Last edited by pappabacon; 03-06-2009, 05:30 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Comment

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                            +1 on the hallway wait.

By Fitness Test you mean the step test, sit ups, and push ups, right? This is then followed by a medical appointment? Did you see anyone really struggle with the step test? I am tempted to go buy a few cinder blocks to stack in my garage to step on because they want like $50 for one of those exercise steps.
                            The center blocks will work. As long as it 12" high. I practiced on two plastic milk crates ziptied together with a 3/4" wooden board on top. $5 is much better than $50 at walmart. What a ripoff!
                            Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                              The center blocks will work. As long as it 12" high. I practiced on two plastic milk crates ziptied together with a 3/4" wooden board on top. $5 is much better than $50 at walmart. What a ripoff!
                              Sweet, a project for the weekend before I go to Vegas to celebrate my Board Interview passing. I was going to go to Vegas anyway this weekend, this just give a reason to celebrate before I start the Pre-BUD/S training next week.

Comment

Good Job!!!

Congrats. Not trying to steal your thunder either but I was told all went well by the Doc. and Nurse administering my test on the day of my medical/physical. I got a silly letter saying my blood pressure was high (120/84) and then found out I'm color blind.
                                United States Border Patrol
                                08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17743 users online. 483 members and 17260 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X