300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fedman 111 View Post
    I got the call today. I'm headed to Habbrenville out of Laredo Sector I report on 23 March and I'm off for training in Artesia on the 26th. Good luck to all of you guys waiting and I hope to see some of you guys out there.
    *HI FIVE*
    Congrats!

Comment

• Guys, what does 'Your case is in the security office' necessarily mean? Does this indicate the start of the background investigation?

I still haven't sent in my additional medical information but had CASS update with the presented Background information.
      United States Border Patrol
      08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Congratulations Fedman 111!!! Hopefully I will be right behind you. Hope to see you there.

Border Patrol Agent
        04/2008 - Applied for Border Patrol Agent position. (USA Jobs)
        5/2008 - Compressed/Expedited Testing - PASSED (Score: 87.0 +5)
        6/2008 - Paperwork/e-QIP - SENT
        6/2008 - Oral Interview/Urine Analysis/Medical/Physical Fitness - PASSED
        10/2008 – BI started
        11/2008 – BI completed (2 weeks) Investigator was helpful in keeping me informed.
        12/22/2008 - DD-214 and retirement orders sent to hiring center.
        12/31/2008 – Retired from Navy (21yrs 4mos)
        01/21/2009 – BI cleared adjudication.
        02/05/2009 – Referred to Training and Scheduling
        Presently – Waiting for “the Call”

Comment

• Hello everyone,
          I have a question about the BI, they are doing mine right now and I want to know if they are going to send me a letter or calll me when they finish that or will they call me until they are going to offer me the job and location?

Thank You!

Comment

• Originally posted by ESCARLATA View Post
            Hello everyone,
            I have a question about the BI, they are doing mine right now and I want to know if they are going to send me a letter or calll me when they finish that or will they call me until they are going to offer me the job and location?

Thank You!
            From what I gather, you'll know if you passed your BI because your Investigator will tell you themself. Then, you will be placed in scheduling to wait for the call.
            BPA - Pending BI
            Two local depts. - Pending BI

Comment

• Originally posted by low_clazz View Post
              From what I gather, you'll know if you passed your BI because your Investigator will tell you themself. Then, you will be placed in scheduling to wait for the call.
              From what my investigator told me during my initial interview was the last time I would hear from him is if he remembered to give me a “courtesy” call to let me know that he had finished my investigation report and had submitted it. Once submitted for review he would be out of the process unless investigative clarification was needed. I have heard sometimes an adjudicator will call to let you know you passed, and sometimes CASS will just update to completed.
              Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Need some advice.

I got a call today from my father and it was basically to discourage me from joining the BP. He works for the FBI and his co-workers were telling him to try to change my mind.(none of them are SA's) They were saying that the pay isn't good, the work sucks,and so on.....basically a bunch of BS in my POV. He wants me to apply for the SSG position with the FBI wich I am not interested in at all. Basically, I just want to get him off my back. He wants me to stay in the CG for a while. He even mentioned the Secret Service Uniformed Division. Not sure what his deal is against the BP. From my understanding, a GS pay grade is a GS paygrade right? No difference in pay unless you are LE wich BP is! Plus the AUO.

This is the second time he's tried to change my mind about the BP. This first time it worked and I pulled my application. Im not going to change my mind this time but would like to get him off my back as I said before!!!!! Any input is appreciated. Feel like I'm 12 years old again! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                  I got a call today from my father and it was basically to discourage me from joining the BP. He works for the FBI and his co-workers were telling him to try to change my mind.(none of them are SA's) They were saying that the pay isn't good, the work sucks,and so on.....basically a bunch of BS in my POV. He wants me to apply for the SSG position with the FBI wich I am not interested in at all. Basically, I just want to get him off my back. He wants me to stay in the CG for a while. He even mentioned the Secret Service Uniformed Division. Not sure what his deal is against the BP. From my understanding, a GS pay grade is a GS paygrade right? No difference in pay unless you are LE wich BP is! Plus the AUO.

This is the second time he's tried to change my mind about the BP. This first time it worked and I pulled my application. Im not going to change my mind this time but would like to get him off my back as I said before!!!!! Any input is appreciated. Feel like I'm 12 years old again! haha
                  I say you should do what you what to do. You should take your dad’s advice and respect his opinion, but in the end you are the one performing the job and controlling your own future. He may be right, and he may be wrong. I have heard local deputies trash talk against local PD, and state LEO trash talk against county LEO. It seems just about everyone thinks their profession is the best and others are second rate.

Also, maybe your dad is worried about you, and wants you to have a more “white collar” LEO job instead of hands-on, action packed, dangerous work.

In the end, all I can say is look into your heart, and decide for yourself what you want to do, and what you think you will enjoy. And in the end, if you don’t enjoy the job, you can always apply with another agency and use the experience as a benefit.
                  Last edited by TPA3312; 03-09-2009, 07:06 PM.
                  Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                    I say you should do what you what to do. You should take your dad’s advice and respect his opinion, but in the end you are the one performing the job and controlling your own future. He may be right, and he may be wrong. I have heard local deputies trash talk against local PD, and state LEO trash talk against county LEO. It seems just about everyone thinks their profession is the best and others are second rate.

Also, maybe your dad is worried about you, and wants you to have a more “white collar” LEO job instead of hands-on, action packed, dangerous work. My grandfather was FBI & DOJ and he also wants me to do FBI or another similar career, but in the end I know what I want to do, and what type of LEO job I would prefer.

In the end, all I can say is look into your heart, and decide for yourself what you want to do, and what you think you will enjoy. And in the end, if you don’t enjoy the job, you can always apply with another agency and use the texperience as a benefit.
                    Thanks for the response!! Yeah, you are probably right. Now that you mention it, he did mention the white collar LE thing. BP is exactly what I want to do as a beginning in LE work! I believe in the mission and I'm looking forward to the action on the southern border! Thanks again man!

Comment

At my initial test they told us we would be making 70k within 3 years, doesn't sound too bad to me!!!
                      Originally Posted by Law100
                      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

I am not sure what an ssg position in the FBI is so I can't really comment. If you want to strictly do investigative work and if you want to work in an office then you should go with the FBI or ICE as an 1811. If you like to work in the field (as in the desert/mountains/brush) and you like the idea of tracking groups of people and arresting large groups of people then you should go BP.

BP pay doesn't suck. If you are in an area that has a low cost of living and locality pay you will easily make 70k in your 3rd year. In my third year with details, overtime, and a performance bonus I made quite a bit more than that. If you are stationed in an area with high locality pay you will make even more.

Does BP work "suck"? I don't think so. I have put in for other fed jobs and I have been given opportunities to transfer to other agencies.. However, I like BP work, and I think it would be rather silly of me to transfer to another fed agency where I would be trying to do BP work anyway. Tracking groups is fun. Jumping a group of 20 + at night with only one or two agents is fun. If you like the idea of playing "adult hide and seek" in the desert then I highly suggest going with Border Patrol. If you prefer investigations then you should go FBI as an 1811. It all depends on what interests you.

Comment

• I think many people are ignorant of what this job entails. One funny example: A co -worker comes up to me at work (of course my boss is standing about 10 ft away) and asks me so hows your BP training goin? I look at him and first tell him to zip it, then I ask him how the hell does he think I can come home from the academy in NM back to az every day to work here? also, I try to understand how he thinks BP is like some kind of part time gig or something? People always ask me so are you gonna quit when you get hired with BP?
                          5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• BI Meeting

I am happy to announce that my Background Investigator called me today. I am going to meet him this Saturday. I was starting to wonder if my security packet had fallen through the cracks. If you are still waiting on your BI to begin, try to be patient. It will eventually happen for you too.
                            BPA Status
                            TSU: 04/24/09
                            EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                            Resigned: 10/28/09
                            Reapplied: 07/29/11
                            NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                            TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                            PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                            Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                            Applied: 06/24/11
                            Written: 07/21/11
                            NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Quick question...
                              My BG was completed and sent in a few days before Christmas according to my BI. Since Jan. 5th(ish) CASS has stated that my case is in the security system. Whats next? And, for those of you that have recently got the call, how much longer is the wait? The wait is starting to get to me....!

Comment

• Originally posted by habs35 View Post
                                Quick question...
                                My BG was completed and sent in a few days before Christmas according to my BI. Since Jan. 5th(ish) CASS has stated that my case is in the security system. Whats next? And, for those of you that have recently got the call, how much longer is the wait? The wait is starting to get to me....!
                                Some time between today and 2010 you should hear something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16891 users online. 526 members and 16365 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X