300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
    Yea, I completly agree. I spoke to an agent that works down there and he told me that many agents quit after a week of being there. I think to myself, what losers, they went through that whole process, and the academy only to quit, once Im in , im in it till retirement!
    Amen to that. I have read that about people applying for BPA or other local LEO, go through the process of having your life turned upside down for 6months to 2 years, then go to an academy to have your body worked harder than you could expect, and have to think harder than you can imagine. Go through all that, be the 1 out of 1000 that makes it from application to job, then quit because you don't like your initial assignment. I don't get that at all, any agency I get in with, I expect completely to get the worst shift at the worst station. I just expect that, this is Police work, not Wal-Mart.
    Originally Posted by Law100
    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• This might be a dumb question, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Does the Border Patrol allow ride alongs? I know that most agents spend time wandering in the middle of nowhere, but are there opportunities to ride along for agents that are in a town?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tedko1 View Post
        Hey everyone,
        No matter where you are in the process, I wish you all the best of luck. I was just wondering if there were any others waiting with a similar place in the proces. Who knows we could run into each other in Artesia. I am still waiting for the call for an offer to San Diego sector.

Border Patrol Agent
        04/2008 - Applied for Border Patrol Agent position. (USA Jobs)
        5/2008 - Compressed/Expedited Testing - PASSED (Score: 87.0 +5)
        6/2008 - Paperwork/e-QIP - SENT
        6/2008 - Oral Interview/Urine Analysis/Medical/Physical Fitness - PASSED
        10/2008 – BI started
        11/2008 – BI completed (2 weeks) Investigator was helpful in keeping me informed.
        12/22/2008 - DD-214 and retirement orders sent to hiring center.
        12/31/2008 – Retired from Navy (21yrs 4mos)
        01/21/2009 – BI cleared adjudication.
        02/05/2009 – Referred to Training and Scheduling
        Presently – Waiting for “the Call”
        I'm also waiting on the EOD call and I'm also a NAVVET. My background cleared on JAN 14th and I'm still waiting. I'm sure I'll get the call any day and when I do I'll post it.

Comment

• Originally posted by want2baleo86 View Post
          If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to complete the process from the written test all the way through the end of your background?
          I took my test back in July of last year and my background didn't clear till 14 January and I'm still waiting for the EOD call.

Comment

• yes

Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
            This might be a dumb question, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Does the Border Patrol allow ride alongs? I know that most agents spend time wandering in the middle of nowhere, but are there opportunities to ride along for agents that are in a town?

Yes. Recently my station in SD (east county) has allowed ride alongs. They canceled them one day then later the same day they said they were doing them again. As of now they will allow them but that may change tomorrow. Call the station and see if you can set it up. I have seen a couple of people doing them in the past two months.

And a word to the wise. Do not show up with ear rings in your face.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              Yes. Recently my station in SD (east county) has allowed ride alongs. They canceled them one day then later the same day they said they were doing them again. As of now they will allow them but that may change tomorrow. Call the station and see if you can set it up. I have seen a couple of people doing them in the past two months.

And a word to the wise. Do not show up with ear rings in your face.
              I read that, and I cracked up. I just had the written test this last week and there were many people who look like they would show up to a ride along with a pierced face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fedman 111 View Post
                I'm also waiting on the EOD call and I'm also a NAVVET. My background cleared on JAN 14th and I'm still waiting. I'm sure I'll get the call any day and when I do I'll post it.
                Fedman111,
                I got delayed a little in the process while I was awaiting the Navy to process my DD-214 in late December. Otherwise I probably would have been transferred to Sched & Trng about the same time as you. Right now I am trying to take the opportunity to get the workouts in. In fact heading to the gym in a few minutes. I'll make sure and post as well as soon as I get the call (fingers croseed that it'll be this week)

Comment

• Things are starting to heat up:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090301/...a_mexico_drugs
                  NYPD Exam 7/12/08
                  #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                  JST 9/2/08 - Done
                  Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
                  Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
                  Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
                  Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexp View Post
                    Yup, good time to become a BP Agent! haha

We are not even allowed to go close to the border towns right now in the CG!

Comment

• Hello, I took my written test January 26th, is it normal for the results to take this long? How will I get the results if they still have not been released?

Comment

• Originally posted by LEODestined View Post
                        Hello, I took my written test January 26th, is it normal for the results to take this long? How will I get the results if they still have not been released?
                        Yeah, for some people it takes a pretty long time. I have heard it takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks. You could also see if the results are posted online at the USA Test Manager site.
                        Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Anyone scheduled for their oral in New Rochelle, NY?

Comment

• I got the call

I got the call today. I'm headed to Habbrenville out of Laredo Sector I report on 23 March and I'm off for training in Artesia on the 26th. Good luck to all of you guys waiting and I hope to see some of you guys out there.

Comment

I got the call today. I'm headed to Habbrenville out of Laredo Sector I report on 23 March and I'm off for training in Artesia on the 26th. Good luck to all of you guys waiting and I hope to see some of you guys out there.
                              Congrats bro! I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck in Artesia! I hope to be there by atleast June!

Comment

Congrats!!!! Hope the academy goes great for you!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8663 users online. 412 members and 8251 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X