300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
    1. I know that everyone gets sent to the SW Border first, but does that always mean a physical border station? Does it ever happen that a new agent gets sent to a more inland office? I know that Riverside is part of the El Centro sector in California, but it is over 100 miles from the physical border.
    You can forget about Riverside. However San Clemente, Temecula, and Indio all get trainees.

2. What do you agents due for lunch? I can imagine line watch can be pretty remote, do you get time to head in for lunch somewhere in a town, or do you pack a lunch?
    That's on you and depends on where you work.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      You can forget about Riverside. However San Clemente, Temecula, and Indio all get trainees.

Thanks for the info!
      Originally Posted by Law100
      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• I finally got a call from a BI yesterday after I got off duty. I started the process in October when I took the written test then flew through the rest of the process. I was about to give up hope lol.

Comment

That was a good question. So, what goes on at the stations that are farther from the border. In AZ tucson, casa grande, ajo, ?
          5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
            That was a good question. So, what goes on at the stations that are farther from the border. In AZ tucson, casa grande, ajo, ?
            They either drive down to the border, operate checkpoints, or both.

Comment

They either drive down to the border, operate checkpoints, or both.
              So for the most part any station you get will be busy down in AZ? I was just thinking to myself that if I was offered tucson or casa grande I would take it because its close to home, but then I thought well its not directly on the border and maybe it would be slower depending on what the duties were. Honestly anywhere they offer me is great so I really don't mind.
              5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Just received my NOR with my written test score... 100 without veteran's preference! It's been over three months since I applied; I'm excited about moving forward in the process!

Comment

So for the most part any station you get will be busy down in AZ? I was just thinking to myself that if I was offered tucson or casa grande I would take it because its close to home, but then I thought well its not directly on the border and maybe it would be slower depending on what the duties were. Honestly anywhere they offer me is great so I really don't mind.
                  I myself would have passed up Ajo. Its a great place to get experience, but 2 hours from any civilized town. Might be worth enduring if you don't have a good job right now, but you need to know what you're getting in to (say you have a family, need to be close to a doctor/hospital, etc). Casa Grande and Tucson are great stations because they allow you to live in a decent city and when you do go to the border, its on work time--basically like being paid to commute.

Comment

You've applied for an agency that makes about a million arrests and seizes 1.5 - 2 million pounds of narcotics each year. The vast majority of those are made along the SW border. While not every station makes a thousand arrests a day, traffic patterns change over time. A station getting slammed one year may be slow the next and vice versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
                      I myself would have passed up Ajo. Its a great place to get experience, but 2 hours from any civilized town. Might be worth enduring if you don't have a good job right now, but you need to know what you're getting in to (say you have a family, need to be close to a doctor/hospital, etc). Casa Grande and Tucson are great stations because they allow you to live in a decent city and when you do go to the border, its on work time--basically like being paid to commute.
                      You can think of it as being a crappy place without a Starbucks or downtown hotspots or you can think of it as you are making 80-100+K and you can then spend it on the finer things or travel the world. There are pros and cons to each station.

Comment

• Madchicken, I have a question for you. I applied for the South Texas border and I heard that Mcallen Sector has a good amount of action. Seeing as how I have no BP experience, I am interested in maybe transfering to FL in a few years if I even get picked up by BP. Whats your opinion or knowledge of how the BP stations are in FL. Worth it or not? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                          Madchicken, I have a question for you. I applied for the South Texas border and I heard that Mcallen Sector has a good amount of action. Seeing as how I have no BP experience, I am interested in maybe transfering to FL in a few years if I even get picked up by BP. Whats your opinion or knowledge of how the BP stations are in FL. Worth it or not? Thanks in advance!
                          I don't know because I haven't worked there. However, you will find yourself at the bottom of a long list of agents that want to transfer to the Coastal Region (Miami and New Orleans Secors).

Comment

• Well, I passed the D-15 test. Will be picking up the results either Mon. or Tues.

I qualified to start at a GL-7 paygrade so that's exciting!
                            United States Border Patrol
                            08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• I reactivated and changed my gepgraphic preference from South TX for West Tx....was it a good trade off? I mean I dont mind the job the way I see it, Im in this, I know what Im getting into, I think Im gonna love this type of job, however im thinking in terms of what CWU said, I would like to live in a decent city with hospitals, schools and stuff like that. In those terms...was it a good trade off?
                              BPA:
                              Written Test: Passed (97%)
                              Reactivated Feb 09
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                              Medical Exam: Completed
                              Drug Test: Completed
                              Fitness: Completed
                              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                              Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                              Written Test: Passed (80% )
                              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

You can think of it as being a crappy place without a Starbucks or downtown hotspots or you can think of it as you are making 80-100+K and you can then spend it on the finer things or travel the world. There are pros and cons to each station.
                                Yea, I completly agree. I spoke to an agent that works down there and he told me that many agents quit after a week of being there. I think to myself, what losers, they went through that whole process, and the academy only to quit, once Im in , im in it till retirement!
                                5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7679 users online. 416 members and 7263 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X