300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

Does anyone know what the chances are of you getting the location you selected in the application? Or is it pretty much random. I chose all of southern California? What would my chance be like of getting sent there?

Comment

• Originally posted by lugonatron View Post
      Hello everyone; I'm currently going through the hiring process with the Border Patrol, the whole process has been nerve racking but exciting. I had some concerns with the BI process, I had some deficiencies in my credit in which I was deliquent in 8 accounts and I currently paid off or reached a settlement in 6 of them. The 6 consisted of late car payments, which I paid off my vehicle completly and credit cards and old cell phone bill that was charged off a few years ago. So that leaves me with only 2 accounts which I should reach a payment plan sometime next week. I was also let go or quit jobs before I was let go, these occurred in 2002, 2004, and 2005. In 2002, an employee made a false allegation on me, nothing big, it dealt with the use of employee discounts. In 2004, I was a bank teller for about a month, the manager in charge of training me was hired 2 weeks before I was!!! Well, instead of properly training me on bank telling, it was constant cleaning for me. When I transferred to another location, I couldn't perform all job duties. In 2005, I quit before getting fired for excessive tardies, due to having to keep giving my roomate rides to work. I'm a current student who will be graduating this semester, just based on this information would this create a problem in my BI, all the information I provide in the eqip forms. Thank you.
      It may be a problem, from what my investigator told me during my investigation. Hopfully someone with more experience can give you a more firmer answer. But if this is something really want to do, you sould try to apply anyways and see what decision is made on your background. You may want to find other employment during the process just in case, especially since the whole process will take anywhere from 4 to 6 months, or longer. Plus having steady employment after college will show you have matured and are more reliable. The worst thing that could happen is they say no.
      Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
        Hello,

Does anyone know what the chances are of you getting the location you selected in the application? Or is it pretty much random. I chose all of southern California? What would my chance be like of getting sent there?
        From what I have heard and read the BP are doing a lot of hiring in southern CA.

Comment

Hello everyone; I'm currently going through the hiring process with the Border Patrol, the whole process has been nerve racking but exciting. I had some concerns with the BI process, I had some deficiencies in my credit in which I was deliquent in 8 accounts and I currently paid off or reached a settlement in 6 of them. The 6 consisted of late car payments, which I paid off my vehicle completly and credit cards and old cell phone bill that was charged off a few years ago. So that leaves me with only 2 accounts which I should reach a payment plan sometime next week. I was also let go or quit jobs before I was let go, these occurred in 2002, 2004, and 2005. In 2002, an employee made a false allegation on me, nothing big, it dealt with the use of employee discounts. In 2004, I was a bank teller for about a month, the manager in charge of training me was hired 2 weeks before I was!!! Well, instead of properly training me on bank telling, it was constant cleaning for me. When I transferred to another location, I couldn't perform all job duties. In 2005, I quit before getting fired for excessive tardies, due to having to keep giving my roomate rides to work. I'm a current student who will be graduating this semester, just based on this information would this create a problem in my BI, all the information I provide in the eqip forms. Thank you.
          Have you spoken yet with your BI? I think the things that you mentioned will be an issue. You will probably be issued a NOPA and have to explain the situation to an adjudicator.

Comment

• No I haven't met with my BI, I just wanted to know what I'm up against. Even though I had a few deficiencies on my credit, I have taken the initiative to correct my mistakes which by next week I should either have paid off completly or have set up a payment plan. I have had a good employment record since my last termination in 2005, all my terminations occurred in 2005, 2004,and 2002, just hope this doesn't keep me from getting in...

Comment

• Make sure you disclose everything to your investigator as he/she will easily come upon that information. Credit and financial stability are extremely important as there is the opportunity for corruption in this position. You could be found unsuitable and be asked to withdraw your application if they feel your background will be an issue. If that is the case then work on paying off your debts and establishing a reliable work history, then reapply in a couple years.

Comment

• just got referred to TSU!!!! The letter was kind of confusing though. One part says: in the near future you will be in the Bp academy..... then in another part it says: your offer is subject to agency criminal and credit checks... Havent they already done this in the BI? I am confused or is this just a disclaimer telling you not to quit your job yet, because they want to know if you've had a violation since the BI?
                also: does anyone know how much action and what goes on at the stations in az that aren't directly on the border. ex: ajo, tucson, casa grande?
                5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
                  just got referred to TSU!!!! The letter was kind of confusing though. One part says: in the near future you will be in the Bp academy..... then in another part it says: your offer is subject to agency criminal and credit checks... Havent they already done this in the BI? I am confused or is this just a disclaimer telling you not to quit your job yet, because they want to know if you've had a violation since the BI?
                  also: does anyone know how much action and what goes on at the stations in az that aren't directly on the border. ex: ajo, tucson, casa grande?
                  Congrats on getting to TSU. I'm still in pendingville for my BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
                    just got referred to TSU!!!! The letter was kind of confusing though. One part says: in the near future you will be in the Bp academy..... then in another part it says: your offer is subject to agency criminal and credit checks... Havent they already done this in the BI? I am confused or is this just a disclaimer telling you not to quit your job yet, because they want to know if you've had a violation since the BI?
                    congrats!! About how long did it take to get that letter from the day your BI was turned in?

Comment

• Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Fedman 111 View Post
                      Guys,

Has anyone gotten a call from scheduling? My background check cleared early last month and my CASS has this posted on it (You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more).

I just want to see if anyone has gotten a call. I know this thing says 30 - 60 days but I'm past the 30 day mark so I just want to see if anyone else is in the same boat.
                      I received my letter from training and scheduling and the CASS site updated on February 5th. Cass had the same tagline as yours; however, the letter simply said that I would be contacted "shortly". In order to clarify, I gave them a call to determine if they had any idea as to the general time frame I might be looking at. They verified my name & SSN and verified I was still interested in San Diego sector. He then told me that based on demand for the area I could expect to wait at least 30 days (from Feb 17th(the date of my call)). It was a little discouraging; however, a friend of mine apllying to the same sector got his call about a month after transfer to training and scheduling and he is about a month ahead of me in the procees. By the way, he got the job offer call on Feb 18th and will report to the academy on March 24th. I know this was a little long-winded but it really depends on the sector you are looking to go to.

Comment

• Anyone else waiting for call for San Diego sector?

Hey everyone,
                        No matter where you are in the process, I wish you all the best of luck. I was just wondering if there were any others waiting with a similar place in the proces. Who knows we could run into each other in Artesia. I am still waiting for the call for an offer to San Diego sector.

Border Patrol Agent
                        04/2008 - Applied for Border Patrol Agent position. (USA Jobs)
                        5/2008 - Compressed/Expedited Testing - PASSED (Score: 87.0 +5)
                        6/2008 - Paperwork/e-QIP - SENT
                        6/2008 - Oral Interview/Urine Analysis/Medical/Physical Fitness - PASSED
                        10/2008 – BI started
                        11/2008 – BI completed (2 weeks) Investigator was helpful in keeping me informed.
                        12/22/2008 - DD-214 and retirement orders sent to hiring center.
                        12/31/2008 – Retired from Navy (21yrs 4mos)
                        01/21/2009 – BI cleared adjudication.
                        02/05/2009 – Referred to Training and Scheduling
                        Presently – Waiting for “the Call”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                          congrats!! About how long did it take to get that letter from the day your BI was turned in?
                          about 2 and a half months.
                          5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fedman 111 View Post
                            Any calls for an EOD????? I'm trying to find out if anyone has gotten a call this month I'm over the 30 day hump and waiting for that call.

BPA (SW Texas)
                            Written Test: Passed 98%
                            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                            Structured Interview: Completed
                            Drug Screening: Completed
                            Fitness: Completed
                            Qualifications: Completed
                            Background: Completed
                            Referred to Schedule EOD: 1/14/2009
                            If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to complete the process from the written test all the way through the end of your background?

Comment

• I've gone through this thread and I still have a couple of questions. 1. I know that everyone gets sent to the SW Border first, but does that always mean a physical border station? Does it ever happen that a new agent gets sent to a more inland office? I know that Riverside is part of the El Centro sector in California, but it is over 100 miles from the physical border. 2. What do you agents due for lunch? I can imagine line watch can be pretty remote, do you get time to head in for lunch somewhere in a town, or do you pack a lunch?
                              Originally Posted by Law100
                              Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

Yes. I'd say you have got a couple of problems.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16233 users online. 366 members and 15867 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X