Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sometimes I really have to question who knows what in the government offices.
    I initially applied for the southern border, then when the northern border notice came out, applied there, too. I was given 2 test dates, both the same week, one in Chi-town, one in Bangor, ME. I asked if I could take just one test and was told yes, but it would have to be the Bangor test because for some convoluted reason it would screw up my processing for the North to take the later Chicago test.
    As the Chicago test was closer and a compressed test I declined the Northern border in favor of the faster process.
    So I look in Application manager today and Voila! the test I took in Chicago counted for both announcements.
    USSCP
    Faxed App 7/28/10
    Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
    Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

ya there not on top of it to well over there at the hiring center

told me to send in an appeal after my tentative offer was sent but i was denied being able to go any farther in the process...so i appeal.....wait wait wait wait wait wait...finally email them...they said i was supposed to send in all the paperwork with my appeal....but no paperwork was sent to me lmao. i got a "ohhhh we will send it right out to you" imagine if i didnt email them or call.....woulda sat around for another 4 months before they realized...Hmm i wonder why he hasnt sent us this paperwork...lets call and ask like our CASS system tells him we will do if we need further information....lol, oh well all that matters is im back on the roll with the process...THANK GOD

Comment

hired

Hired for BPA, Tucson Station, anyone know if this is a good duty station?
        Last edited by Tarheel1; 06-15-2008, 12:28 AM.
        CBPO
        Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
        Med/Fit-completed 1/08
        Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
        Quals-completed 6/08
        BI-completed 8/08
        Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
        Start-10/14/08
        FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

Tucson Sector

I have heard nothing but good about it, though I was at Yuma Sector/Yuma Station. You won't know which station you actually get until you EOD (at least that's the way it was for me).

Congrats and good luck with Spanish, Imm Law and PT at FLETC.

- Steve
          "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

Does anyone know if putting your application process on hold for a couple of month would get you desqualified?

BPA
            test: 04/08
            Results: Passed - 04/08
            COE Received - 05/08
            Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
            Panel: 07/08: Passed
            BI: ?..
            CBPO
            test: 03/08
            COE Received: 06/08
            Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
            VBT: Passed 07/08
            BI: ???
            FBI
            Phase I: 05/08
            Results: Passed 05/08
            Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
            Language test (o): Passed 07/08
            Panel: 10/08: ???
            PFT: 11/08: ???
            USSS
            TEA test: 08/07
            Panel: 02/08

Comment

Go To Honorfirst

Comment

The oral board was not fun. But passed.

I asked the agents about deferring offers; they stated that I would have to explain the reason for deferment once the offer is given and if the agent agrees then you can defer it. However, you will lose your loc preference and there is no telling when the deferred offer will be given, could be a week or a month. If it comes too early then you will have to explain yourself all over again.
                Last edited by Tachibana; 06-16-2008, 12:24 PM.
                Standing by to stand by

Comment

Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                  The oral board was not fun. But passed.

I asked the agents about deferring offers; they stated that I would have to explain the reason for deferment once the offer is given and if the agent agrees then you can defer it. However, you will lose your loc preference and there is no telling when the deferred offer will be given, could be a week or a month. If it comes too early then you will have to explain yourself all over again.
                  Congrats!

So, it is doable then. That is what I needed to hear.

BTW, anybody has any input on the Miami Location?... I am thinking about changing from SW border to Miami in order to be closer to family.

BPA
                  test: 04/08
                  COE Received - 05/08
                  Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                  Panel: 07/08: Passed
                  BI: ?..
                  CBPO
                  test: 03/08
                  COE Received: 06/08
                  Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                  VBT: Passed 07/08
                  BI: ???
                  FBI
                  Phase I: 05/08
                  Results: Passed 05/08
                  Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                  Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                  Panel: 10/08: ???
                  PFT: 11/08: ???
                  USSS
                  TEA test: 08/07
                  Panel: 02/08

Comment

Originally posted by jumbojack View Post

BTW, anybody has any input on the Miami Location?... I am thinking about changing from SW border to Miami in order to be closer to family.
                    Miami is not going to happen for a new guy. Go to honorfirst.com. There is alot of good info.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by jumbojack View Post
                      Miami? You must be looking at a CBPO job announcement...

Comment

• I picked El Centro, CA. The way it was explained to me, all new hires are headed to CA, AZ, TX, or NM. One agent at the hiring event warned us against picking AZ...not sure what that was about. I was told other duty stations along the northern border and gulf coast would come open as you accrued seniority.
                        Sounds like the situation on the SW border is like south Florida in the early 80's all over again.

Comment

• Miami......Jeje...... probably 7-8 years
                          There are two freedoms, the false is where one is free to do what he likes, and true where one is free to do what he ought. -Charles Kingsley.

HONOR FIRST!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
                            I picked El Centro, CA. The way it was explained to me, all new hires are headed to CA, AZ, TX, or NM. One agent at the hiring event warned us against picking AZ...not sure what that was about. I was told other duty stations along the northern border and gulf coast would come open as you accrued seniority.
                            Sounds like the situation on the SW border is like south Florida in the early 80's all over again.
                            Were you offered a position in El Centro. If you were, great and enjoy the heat... If not, you have some research to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                              Were you offered a position in El Centro. If you were, great and enjoy the heat... If not, you have some research to do!
                              No, I"m only six weeks into this, still trying to get medically cleared. I picked El Centro in the initial application. Why, is there some secret about that place I need to know?

Comment

• If you did what I think you did, you may have picked to have one of your tests in El Centro.

The only choice (for where you might be stationed) that you had when you applied was to pick a geographic preference (S TX, W TX and NM, AZ, or CA).

Each of which contain multiple sectors and numerous stations in each sector.

Edit to explain the heat comment: Check the weather in El Centro, CA. At 10:30 PM it is 94 degrees!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12168 users online. 427 members and 11741 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X