300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
    Every week a trainee gets fired for getting to their PT final and failing their ability run. No one wants to be here for this long only to get fired.
    What are the standards for the PT final and ability run?
    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• [QUOTE=sap123;1670571]Pretty ruthless; I'd try to show up in somewhat decent shape. All but a couple of our dropouts have been due to PT (whether injury related or just unable to cut it). See where I'm coming from now? Run run run!

I'm happy for you, but suffice to say I suppose my message wasn't directed to guys that can run perimeter runs well with flu like symptoms. Every week a trainee gets fired for getting to their PT final and failing their ability run. No one wants to be here for this long only to get fired.

Your totally right, and while I talk trash because I can run, I need to start working on my sit ups... anyone know the # of sit ups for the final exam, or are they even part of it?
      5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
        Your totally right, and while I talk trash because I can run, I need to start working on my sit ups... anyone know the # of sit ups for the final exam, or are they even part of it?
        The final PT test consists of the following:
        •Run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes or less
        •Complete a confidence course in 2 minutes and 30 seconds or less
        •Run 220 yards in 46 seconds or less
        BPA Status
        TSU: 04/24/09
        EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
        Resigned: 10/28/09
        Reapplied: 07/29/11
        NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
        TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
        PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
        Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
        Applied: 06/24/11
        Written: 07/21/11
        NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• BI finally done!!!

The Investigator met me at work on Friday to interview me, my supervisor, and two co-workers. He went over all of my personnel files and training record. I think it went pretty well. About 3.5 hours to get it all done. Then he met me at my house the following morning to speak to my wife and I a little more. So it pretty much took about 3 months to get it all done from sending paper work to finishing the BI....not too bad! Now I guess I just wait for that phone call.

About working out, I am going on my 3rd month of the P90X program and I run 3 times a week. P90X is pretty hardcore! I have lost a lot of weight and I think Im in the best shape I have ever been since bootcamp!!! I strongly recommend it to anyone looking to lose fat and gain muscle in a somewhat short amount of time. Takes some dedication but its not that hard after the first couple of weeks! Eating right is a major part of the program!!

Im really looking forward to going to FLETC and meeting some of you!! Good luck to all!

Comment

• P90X is pretty good workout. I haven't done it in a while, but it will produce results. My buddy is using it now and is sore all the time.
            trainee

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              +1 I really like P90X, the Plyo is killer on the legs.

I don't do the cardio, yoga, or strech workouts...they don't do it for me. On those days I will hit the gym and run a couple of miles.
              That's pretty much what i do also. I tried the yoga but don't like it. The recovery week is a little too slow for my taste so I just substitute running and weights on those days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                The final PT test consists of the following:
                •Run 1.5 miles in 13 minutes or less
                •Complete a confidence course in 2 minutes and 30 seconds or less
                •Run 220 yards in 46 seconds or less
                No sit-ups, push-ups, or pull-ups? Or are those included in the confidence course?
                Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by TPA3312 View Post
                  No sit-ups, push-ups, or pull-ups? Or are those included in the confidence course?
                  You'll be doing plenty of them daily in PT. While they are not part of the final, being able to do them will help you complete the C-Course. There are several obstacles in which you need to climb up, on, through, and over, in addition to a rope that must be crossed, an overhead ladder, and a wall.

Comment

• Off topic but, I searched the thread about drug usage. Someone said 3 years since the last marijuana use. What about mushrooms? I have been clean for over 5 years. I made a mistake and I can't take it back, I really want to get into some sort of career with my degree.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the cadence tape for the step test that is used during the physical is the same one that can be found on the Border Patrol website?

here's the link to it: http://nemo.cbp.gov/obp/narrated.mp3

Comment

• http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video0...497246,00.html

NFL to BPA
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                          Hey guys,

I just got a letter from Comprehensive Health Services on the basis of my recent medical examination.

The purpose of the letter was to 'bring certain results to my attention.' Of all possible choices, my blood pressure is checked off which states 124/84. I consulted a few RN's and they stated that this is a normal reading so I'm not sure why they're bringing the following up.

There is a note stating that unless specifically requested by CHS, I shouldn't provide any additional medical information regarding abnormal results listend below - in my case, my blood pressure being 124/84.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? The medical portion of my CASS hasn't been updated as of yet so I'm freaking out a bit.

Good luck to everyone still in the process.
                          After my medical I got a letter about a sinus arrhythmia, My guess is it's medical obligations, if they find something, as small as it may be they need to notify you, because if they don't and you end up dying from it or something they are liable to get sued. Sorta like a Shrink is supposed to notify authorities if one of the patients is violent.

Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                          I never showed symptoms of color blindness. Even my mom who has lived with me all my life is a little shocked.

I guess now I have to find a doctor that can administer the D-15 test for me.

Anyone know of any locations in Southern California?
                          Neither did my brother and he had the same problem, he got re-tested and got in.

Good luck sir
                          BPA:
                          Written Test: Passed (97%)
                          Reactivated Feb 09
                          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                          Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                          Medical Exam: Completed
                          Drug Test: Completed
                          Fitness: Completed
                          Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                          Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                          Written Test: Passed (80% )
                          Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                          Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• If anyone has been through a reactivation process, how do I know if they got my Fax? I sent it Friday the 13th and have not heard anything from them yet.
                            BPA:
                            Written Test: Passed (97%)
                            Reactivated Feb 09
                            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                            Medical Exam: Completed
                            Drug Test: Completed
                            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                            Written Test: Passed (80% )
                            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• EOD calls?????

Any calls for an EOD????? I'm trying to find out if anyone has gotten a call this month I'm over the 30 day hump and waiting for that call.

BPA (SW Texas)
                              Written Test: Passed 98%
                              Structured Interview: Completed
                              Drug Screening: Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed
                              Background: Completed
                              Referred to Schedule EOD: 1/14/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                                If anyone has been through a reactivation process, how do I know if they got my Fax? I sent it Friday the 13th and have not heard anything from them yet.
                                There is a very good chance you will need to reapply. I received the following e-mail in regards to my reactivation:
                                Thank you for your recent request to reactivate your application. Please log onto https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/BPA and answer the on-line questionnaire. Once you have finished the on-line questionnaire your scores will be reactivated in our system. This process may take 24-48 hours. You will receive a Notice of Results (NOR) in the mail also showing your scores have been reactivated.

Once your application has been reactivated your name will be referred to our staffing unit. You will receive a tentative selection letter in the mail if you are re-selected by staffing.

Good luck,
                                Section8
                                BPA Status
                                TSU: 04/24/09
                                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                                Resigned: 10/28/09
                                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                                Applied: 06/24/11
                                Written: 07/21/11
                                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6846 users online. 182 members and 6664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X