300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
    I do not know for sure. Yet, I am positive that mine will take longer. I am almost 33. Thus, I have lived in many places and had many jobs. It would be sweet to be young and have only a few things for the BI to investigate.
    Exactly. Ages 18-21 I was in college studying hard so I could graduate a year early which I ended up doing.

IMO, the only thing I have to potentially 'worry' about is the clinic at which I worked at. I flat out quit after a month and a half because there was no room for advancement and I was putting together officer chairs when my job duties consisted those of a Social Worker.

I put down my supervisor (who also quit and works at a different clinic) as a reference so I hope they understand the position I was in and don't ding me for being an 'unreliable' employee.

Something similar happened to a buddy of mine with LAPD and it sucked...
    United States Border Patrol
    08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Double post due to server lag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
        I see there are some northern border openings.

If, you get picked up for one of those spots, what are the chances of staying there for most of your career?

BP would be a pretty cool gig if you could work in VT, I would think lots of patrols involving ATV's, Snowmobiles, 4x4's, etc.

Also, just read a book that introduced Bortac to me...very hardcore and impressive...I think it was On The Line.
        I'm pretty sure if you get picked up you'll be there for the duration of your career.

Comment

• On the Line is a GREAT book about the history and life of the Border Patrol. I have my BP test on the 23rd.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
            Sounds good! It's a pleasure hearing from you my friend. Hope all is well in Artesia.
            Thanks. Here's a piece of advice from a random trainee at FLETC:

Run.

If you're reading this, finish that cup of joe, logoff your computer, and get outside and run. You'll thank me later.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• hows the P/T there???
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Thanks. Here's a piece of advice from a random trainee at FLETC:

Run.

If you're reading this, finish that cup of joe, logoff your computer, and get outside and run. You'll thank me later.
                I honestly don't get why so many people are so freaked out about running. Three to five miles a day is nothing, I can do that when I got the flu.
                5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• I'm sure someone already answered this question already but I didn't find the answer on past posts... Do I need to bring a copy of my SF-86 to the oral board or will they already have one of the copies that I sent to MHC?

Comment

• No you don't have to bring a copy of the SF-86. For me the only thing I needed was my drivers license. Good luck, answer the questions honestly, not what you think they want to hear. They may test you to see if you stand by your answers. While answering don't forget to look at all three BPAs, look directly at the one who asks you a question. Take a few seconds before answering each question. And dress in suit and tie.
                    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Well, I got a 'Not medically cleared' letter today stating I'm color blind.

I'm speechless.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                        Well, I got a 'Not medically cleared' letter today stating I'm color blind.

I'm speechless.
                        Could you not make out patterns in the book? If you're not colorblind you can get retested and have this corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          Could you not make out patterns in the book? If you're not colorblind you can get retested and have this corrected.
                          I never showed symptoms of color blindness. Even my mom who has lived with me all my life is a little shocked.

I guess now I have to find a doctor that can administer the D-15 test for me.

Anyone know of any locations in Southern California?

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                            hows the P/T there???
                            Pretty ruthless; I'd try to show up in somewhat decent shape. All but a couple of our dropouts have been due to PT (whether injury related or just unable to cut it). See where I'm coming from now? Run run run!

I honestly don't get why so many people are so freaked out about running. Three to five miles a day is nothing, I can do that when I got the flu.
                            I'm happy for you, but suffice to say I suppose my message wasn't directed to guys that can run perimeter runs well with flu like symptoms. Every week a trainee gets fired for getting to their PT final and failing their ability run. No one wants to be here for this long only to get fired.

I never showed symptoms of color blindness. Even my mom who has lived with me all my life is a little shocked.

I guess now I have to find a doctor that can administer the D-15 test for me.

Anyone know of any locations in Southern California?
                            I'd definitely get a second opinion, and make sure you can get documentation if they say otherwise. This happens more than you think.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Thanks, good to know

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                I'd definitely get a second opinion, and make sure you can get documentation if they say otherwise. This happens more than you think.
                                Will definitely re-take both of the tests at my own expense.

Just curious, how often will BPA Trainees and BPA Agents go through another medical in their career other than the pre-employment one?

Is proper eye sight/color blindness in particular constantly checked for throughout ones career?

Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13352 users online. 249 members and 13103 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X