• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
    My BPA exam is 2/23!
    So is mine

Comment

• Originally posted by UrNameHere263 View Post
      So is mine
      Mine is the 27th, good luck to both of you!!!
      Originally Posted by Law100
      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

• Took my written test Jan 26th. When and how will I get my results?

Comment

• Originally posted by LEODestined View Post
          Took my written test Jan 26th. When and how will I get my results?
          Anywhere from 1-6 weeks. It all depends on how busy the hiring center is. Just get used to the waiting. The whole process is a hurryup-and-wait game.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• Originally posted by LEODestined View Post
            Took my written test Jan 26th. When and how will I get my results?
            you will get results waaaaay faster than with a pd. Granted all LEO is hurry up and wait, but BP means business, they've got to hire some 10k +. Not like a pd that has 300 testers and theyre looking to hire 5.
            5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Not necessarily. Last week I was told by an individual at the Minneapolis hiring center they are currently averaging over six weeks to get the written test results.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I just got a letter from Comprehensive Health Services on the basis of my recent medical examination.

The purpose of the letter was to 'bring certain results to my attention.' Of all possible choices, my blood pressure is checked off which states 124/84. I consulted a few RN's and they stated that this is a normal reading so I'm not sure why they're bringing the following up.

There is a note stating that unless specifically requested by CHS, I shouldn't provide any additional medical information regarding abnormal results listend below - in my case, my blood pressure being 124/84.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? The medical portion of my CASS hasn't been updated as of yet so I'm freaking out a bit.

Good luck to everyone still in the process.
                United States Border Patrol
                08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                  Hey guys,

I just got a letter from Comprehensive Health Services on the basis of my recent medical examination.

The purpose of the letter was to 'bring certain results to my attention.' Of all possible choices, my blood pressure is checked off which states 124/84. I consulted a few RN's and they stated that this is a normal reading so I'm not sure why they're bringing the following up.

There is a note stating that unless specifically requested by CHS, I shouldn't provide any additional medical information regarding abnormal results listend below - in my case, my blood pressure being 124/84.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? The medical portion of my CASS hasn't been updated as of yet so I'm freaking out a bit.

Good luck to everyone still in the process.
                  Sounds like you're all right and you passed. They just wanted to let you know they thought it was a little high. If something was wrong you would be found "Not medically cleared", and require further testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                    Sounds like you're all right and you passed. They just wanted to let you know they thought it was a little high. If something was wrong you would be found "Not medically cleared", and require further testing.
                    Thanks for the prompt response.

I was going to contact CHS and the Minneapolis Hiring Center regarding this issue but then decided not to.

Approximately how long did it take for the BI to contact you guys after passing your medical examination? The process is going very fast for me so I'm a little too excited .

Comment

• wats up everyone new to the forums, brief discription about myself im from ny i was im the marine corp from 2004-2008, now i reside in fl working for TSA i have taken the cbp test with no luck here in fl. some of my tsa buddies took the border patrol test and told me about it so i figured it does hurt so i put in for it i test out on march 14th i took a practice test and i did good so im feeling confident about this.
                      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• where im taking the test they tell u there if u passed or failed
                        Last edited by soto2635; 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM.
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response.

I was going to contact CHS and the Minneapolis Hiring Center regarding this issue but then decided not to.

Approximately how long did it take for the BI to contact you guys after passing your medical examination? The process is going very fast for me so I'm a little too excited .
                          There's no need to worry unless you're over 140. In which case you've got problems.

Mine took a week or two after I was cleared medically. From the time of medical exam to getting medically cleared = 7 weeks.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Approximately how long did it take for the BI to contact you guys after passing your medical examination?
                            I passed the medical examination on 01/16/2009. Yet, I have not been contacted by a BI. Thus, your wait could be a few weeks or months. Try not to get too excited because you may be waiting several months for your BI to be completed.
                            BPA Status
                            TSU: 04/24/09
                            EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                            Resigned: 10/28/09
                            Reapplied: 07/29/11
                            NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                            TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                            PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                            Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                            Applied: 06/24/11
                            Written: 07/21/11
                            NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                              There's no need to worry unless you're over 140. In which case you've got problems.

Mine took a week or two after I was cleared medically. From the time of medical exam to getting medically cleared = 7 weeks.
                              Sounds good! It's a pleasure hearing from you my friend. Hope all is well in Artesia.

Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                              I passed the medical examination on 01/16/2009. Yet, I have not been contacted by a BI. Thus, your wait could be a few weeks or months. Try not to get too excited because you may be waiting several months for your BI to be completed.
                              Yes, I'm aware of the long waiting period for some.

Does anyone know if applicant age affects the duration of the BI? I know a thorough background check is conducted on all individuals - and I'm glad the following is done - but it just seems like doing a BI on a 21 year old like me would take a much shorter time as apposed to doing a BI on a 34 year old guy that has been through it/seen it all.

Just curious.
                              Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 02-21-2009, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if applicant age affects the duration of the BI?
                                I do not know for sure. Yet, I am positive that mine will take longer. I am almost 33. Thus, I have lived in many places and had many jobs. It would be sweet to be young and have only a few things for the BI to investigate.
                                BPA Status
                                TSU: 04/24/09
                                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                                Resigned: 10/28/09
                                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                                Applied: 06/24/11
                                Written: 07/21/11
                                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5650 users online. 328 members and 5322 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X