300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheNewbie View Post
    They are, just like many local and state officers.

Obviously it's not the law I am speaking of, but department policy. What I have been told is that you can only carry your duty weapon off duty. I read on this forum that you can carry any gun off duty, but then someone else said that was not true. Hopefully I am WRONG.
    If you want to carry on your credentials, then you may only carry your duty weapon.

If you want to carry whatever you want, you'll have to obtain a CCW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
      I read that take home cars are only for a few Sr. BPAs.
      Take home vehicles are for certain duty positions. The vast majority of BPAs do not have take home rides. I personally don't want a BP Marked ride sitting in my driveway waiting to collect bricks through the window or other vandalism. Nor do I want it there advertising that this is where I live.

It's not like being a Police Officer where the community looks up to and respects you for keeping them safe. There are a lot of people who like the Border Patrol and appreciate what we do, don't get me wrong.

For the most part, they don't live along the border.
      Last edited by Solohammer; 02-18-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Took my written test Jan 26th. When and how will I get my results?

Comment

• Removed by owner
          Last edited by TPA3312; 04-23-2009, 08:00 AM.
          Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca

Comment

• I passed the oral interview today!!!!!!!!!!!

I was calm going into the interview, but my nerves got in my head while waiting for their decision, Brutal

I still have to mail in my forms this week. My fitness and drug test will be next, followed by lots of waiting.
            Border Patrol Timeline
            Studied my rear off - 1/22/2009 -2/10/2009
            Entrance exam: passed - 2/11/2009
            Recieved T.O. - 2/11/2009
            Oral board exam: passed - 2/17/2009
            Sent paperwork - 2/21/2009
            Fitness test: passed - 3/6/2009
            Drug test: passed - 3/13/2009
            Medical exam: passed - 3/19/2009
            Qualifications: accepted GL5 - 4/2/2009

Comment

• Originally posted by CBP2b View Post
              I passed the oral interview today!!!!!!!!!!!

I was calm going into the interview, but my nerves got in my head while waiting for their decision, Brutal

I still have to mail in my forms this week. My fitness and drug test will be next, followed by lots of waiting.
              Congrats!! Yeah the wait in the hallway was brutal. Now comes the most fun of all! The WAIT! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                If you want to carry on your credentials, then you may only carry your duty weapon.

If you want to carry whatever you want, you'll have to obtain a CCW.
                Just curious, do Agents usually display their badge next to their duty weapon when being off duty?

I see a lot of local Police officers doing that. It'd be a little scary seeing someone with a weapon by their side without prior knowledge of their credentials.

I do know you're not supposed to have it out there for everyone to see but just curious. Sorry for the stupid question.
                United States Border Patrol
                08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                  Just curious, do Agents usually display their badge next to their duty weapon when being off duty?

I see a lot of local Police officers doing that. It'd be a little scary seeing someone with a weapon by their side without prior knowledge of their credentials.

I do know you're not supposed to have it out there for everyone to see but just curious. Sorry for the stupid question.
                  No one should ever know its there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                    Congrats!! Yeah the wait in the hallway was brutal. Now comes the most fun of all! The WAIT! ;-)
                    especially when you KNOW you're not gonna pass
                    BPA:
                    Written Test: Passed (97%)
                    Reactivated Feb 09
                    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                    Medical Exam: Completed
                    Drug Test: Completed
                    Fitness: Completed
                    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                    Written Test: Passed (80% )
                    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• My BPA exam is 2/23!
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• I'm scheduled to take the exam in April, the notice mentions that if you are registered to take the test at a Compressed Testing location to plan on spending 8 hours at the test site. How do you know if you are taking it at a Compressed Testing location or not???

Comment

• dumb question, I have seen BP marked cars at JFK, isn't BP located primarily near the northern & southern borders?

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                            dumb question, I have seen BP marked cars at JFK, isn't BP located primarily near the northern & southern borders?
                            An airport can be the "functional equivalent of a border." People get off the airplane from all sorts of countries, with different statuses as immigrant/nonimmigrants, with different documentation, exporting different amounts of money illegally, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                              dumb question, I have seen BP marked cars at JFK, isn't BP located primarily near the northern & southern borders?
                              Did they have a blue stripe or a green stripe? If it was blue, you didn't see a BP vehicle. Either way, you can't get much closer to the border than JFK.

Comment

• actually i didn't see it at jfk, a house near me was raided by U.S. Marshals, ICE, and BP, towed away 4 luxury cars, heard the husband was already locked up and the gov was executing search & seizure warrants, who knows if it was for evidence (doubt it since he is already locked up) or just asset forfeiture (cars and everything in house being fruit of the dirty money tree).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9841 users online. 491 members and 9350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X