Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went in for my fitness/medical today and was told I did great on all portions!

A buddy of mine who went in on Monday was told that he'd be contacted in 30 days or so.

Thanks for all of the support everyone and good luck!
    United States Border Patrol
    08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMUgrad07 View Post
      Sorry guys, just chiming in. I had my background interview 3 weeks ago with a BI. He came to my house and we met for a good 2 hours. From what I have gathered from friends and family, there were an additional 2 BI's hired for my case (a total of 3). I went to school 7 hours away so they had one closer to my school do some researching up there. Anyway, I have stopped receiving calls from people so I am assuming that they have completed their investigation. Does anyone know how long it takes from the time of completion of the background investigation to the time that it is posted on CASS? I have heard anywhere from 4-6 weeks....hopefully that is accurate.
      Thats the update on my process...anyone else hear anything?

-Andy
      my BG took about a month for the BI, and close to two more months for it to be "completed" on the hotline and CASS. I just recived a letter saying that my quals are completed too. The only thing left for me, is to get a follow up on my lasik on the 15th . I had lasik done after the eye exam, because I was blind w/ out glasses. They told me I could get contacts, but I couldnt wear them they were always buggin me. For anyone that is thinking of lasik, I highly recommend it. I have been wearing glasses for almost allmy life, and it amazing. Now I have superman vision, I can see even better than I did with the glasses! In the letter it said that once that was done someone in the hiring office would contact me to discuss academy dates, and duty stations and all that. I can't belive this is happening for me and my family, I am so excited and just a bit nervous that this is becoming reality!
      5 weeks in TSU.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten a call from scheduling??????

Guys,

Has anyone gotten a call from scheduling? My background check cleared early last month and my CASS has this posted on it (You have been referred to the scheduling unit. Generally an applicant can expect to be contacted to schedule their entrance on duty and/or training in 30 - 60 days. Depending on an applicant's selected locations scheduling calls could be extended an additional 30 days or more).

I just want to see if anyone has gotten a call. I know this thing says 30 - 60 days but I'm past the 30 day mark so I just want to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Comment

• Background Checks

Guys,

My background check started last year in October and it didn't clear on CASS till early last month. They interviewed friends I had listed on my SF-86 some from Texas and Florida and it still only took four months. I know they say it could take 6 to 8 months but I'm sure that has to do with how long it takes to get in touch with your friends or contacts to do interviews. If all your waiting on is a background check be patient cause once that clears your back to waiting like I am on scheduling for a EOD and so far it's been over a month. Good Luck! to all of you on CASS I hope you all make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fedman 111 View Post
            Has anyone gotten a call from scheduling?
            Goto http://www.honorfirst.com/. Once you go there, register for the forums. There is a section within the forums for people that just got the call.
            BPA Status
            TSU: 04/24/09
            EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
            Resigned: 10/28/09
            Reapplied: 07/29/11
            NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
            TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
            PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
            Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
            Applied: 06/24/11
            Written: 07/21/11
            NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it typically takes them to process the BPA written tests? I took mine about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. The test administrator didn't even give us an estimate on how long it would take. Do they notify you via email, or snail-mail?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9.11NeverForget View Post
                Does anyone know how long it typically takes them to process the BPA written tests? I took mine about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. The test administrator didn't even give us an estimate on how long it would take. Do they notify you via email, or snail-mail?
                You might be able to login to the application manager and find your NOR with score. I never received a paper copy, just the electronic version. I received my score 2 business days after testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                  You might be able to login to the application manager and find your NOR with score. I never received a paper copy, just the electronic version. I received my score 2 business days after testing.
                  You're referring to CASS, right? I've been trying to do that, but it says I'm still not in the database.

Comment

You're referring to CASS, right? I've been trying to do that, but it says I'm still not in the database.
                    No, not CASS. This:

https://applicationmanager.org/

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post

I think you mean https://applicationmanager.gov/ . To the best of my knowledge CBP is not using application manager anymore. I have a couple of other job applications on it, but my BPA application was routed through this website: https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/BPA/. I haven't done anything on application manager related to my CBP application.

Comment

I think you mean https://applicationmanager.gov/ . To the best of my knowledge CBP is not using application manager anymore. I have a couple of other job applications on it, but my BPA application was routed through this website: https://cbpmhc.hr-services.org/BPA/. I haven't done anything on application manager related to my CBP application.
                        I took my BP Written test in a compressed site, however, I took my test for IEA in a normal testing site and I got my results in a week or a week and a half via regular mail.
                        BPA:
                        Written Test: Passed (97%)
                        Reactivated Feb 09
                        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                        Medical Exam: Completed
                        Drug Test: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                        Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
                        Written Test: Passed (80% )
                        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• I have a question for people who are already BPAs or are in the academy.

What's the policy towards earrings on men and tattoos in general?
                          BPA:
                          Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• The policy on earrings on men is: Not in uniform.

The policy on tattoos is: They may not be visible while in uniform.

That's the latest ruling. I don't know if waviers are available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
                              The policy on earrings on men is: Not in uniform.

The policy on tattoos is: They may not be visible while in uniform.

That's the latest ruling. I don't know if waviers are available.
                              When I took my compressed test, there was an agent in short sleeves whose arm was pretty much completely tattooed.
                              United States Border Patrol
                              08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Damn. I really want to get both an earring and a tattoo....

Im thinkin I might be a little old already for an earring lol...but the tattoo I really want and the place I like is the forearm....but I might go behind the bicep...that part is covered by the uniform
                                BPA:
                                Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8501 users online. 330 members and 8171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X