300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
    Did anyone see the job opening for BP on the Northern Border? Is it normal for them to post jobs for Northern Border as first duty station? It still says you have to do 15 months at the Southern Border, but after training that is only about a year; better than the 2-3 years i have always heard you have to do down there and then only hope thier is an opening by your normal home.
    I know of only one NB entry level announcement and that was May 2008 and was only for a limited number of Sectors. This is the first announcement ever that has listed every NB Sector. Someone can correct me if Im mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc2cbp View Post
      Is it normal for them to post jobs for Northern Border as first duty station?
      It is normal. Yet, it is not often. I think one of the reasons it is possible to get the NB as a first station is because many PAs and applicants do not want to go to the NB. For example, I know I do not want the NB due to the weather. My body does not like to function in below freezing temperatures.
      BPA Status
      TSU: 04/24/09
      EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
      Resigned: 10/28/09
      Reapplied: 07/29/11
      NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
      TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
      PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
      Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
      Applied: 06/24/11
      Written: 07/21/11
      NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Cross over

I have already gone through the screening process for CBPO, just waiting to be schedualed for training. Will some of the process, drug screen, physical, background, transfer to Border Patrol?

Comment

• Hey everyone I have my oral scheduled tomorrow in York. There was a mistake in my address, so I never recieved the letter notifying me. My question is what documentation other then I.d. Do I need to bring. Thanks
          BPA
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Cleared GL-5 Pay Grade
          Written exam 12/2008 Passed
          Fitness 01/2009 Passed
          Drug Screening: Cleared
          Medical Cleared 02/2009
          Oral Broad Passed 03/2009
          Background Contacted 05/24 Cleared in CASS 06/30
          TSU?

Comment

• A new NB opening started this Monday and is open until Sept 30! After ART academy, you will serve 10 months on SB before reporting to your NB station. Good luck.
            trainee

Comment

• nanook,
              Dress nice (suit), be there early, bring any questions you may have for the board (assuming you pass). Some are there all day (5 pm), some leave by 10 am. They may not let you go for lunch, bring something (in case). Good luck.
              trainee

Comment

• Help, with some info!! I got in with bp and spent one day at the academy and then got out (stupid me). I want to get back in. Is there a time frame before I try again and what is the process?

Comment

• You can try, but you now have an extra step in the process. OBP HQ has to decide if you are eligible for re-hire.

Edit to add:

I noticed that you already received HQ's answer on this the other day.

Comment

• Just a question for all you who are stationed in SO CAL.

If I was to get that duty station where would I begin to look for places to live? I was thinking somewhere in San Diego but im not sure if that is too far or if there is a better area to live. Im not very familiar with the area so any help is appreciated. Also what kind of places should I be looking for with my entry level pay? Again, im not sure of the cost of living out there.
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Chi Heights View Post
                      Just a question for all you who are stationed in SO CAL.

If I was to get that duty station where would I begin to look for places to live? I was thinking somewhere in San Diego but im not sure if that is too far or if there is a better area to live. Im not very familiar with the area so any help is appreciated. Also what kind of places should I be looking for with my entry level pay? Again, im not sure of the cost of living out there.
                      Thanks
                      That would depend on which of the 12 or so stations in southern CA you were assigned to. Southern CA is not a station.

Comment

• I finished all exams in December does any one knows how much time do they take to finish my background investigation and then to call to offer me or not the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by ESCARLATA View Post
                          I finished all exams in December does any one knows how much time do they take to finish my background investigation and then to call to offer me or not the job?
                          Backgrounds usually take 6-18 months. Be prepared to wait.

Comment

• Bi

Finnally got a call today from an Investigator. He just needed a little more info about my first unit in the CG. Atleast I am a little more at ease now that I know that they have actually started the investigation process!

Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

• Sorry guys, just chiming in. I had my background interview 3 weeks ago with a BI. He came to my house and we met for a good 2 hours. From what I have gathered from friends and family, there were an additional 2 BI's hired for my case (a total of 3). I went to school 7 hours away so they had one closer to my school do some researching up there. Anyway, I have stopped receiving calls from people so I am assuming that they have completed their investigation. Does anyone know how long it takes from the time of completion of the background investigation to the time that it is posted on CASS? I have heard anywhere from 4-6 weeks....hopefully that is accurate.
                              Thats the update on my process...anyone else hear anything?

-Andy

Comment

• Get ready to wait. Just because your investigator is done his report doesn't mean you're immediately going to clear. His report then has to be looked at by an adjudicator. This can take 6-18 months so be patient.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7050 users online. 376 members and 6674 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X