Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got drug test and fitness this Friday both of which I'll pass. I've been in process with DEA for a long time but looks like BP beat them to the punch. From what I understand, BP sends out offers shortly after drug test.
    Last edited by HSIApplicant; 05-05-2021, 01:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Treybey
      Treybey commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the BP pre employment fitness test?

• Just took my exam today at a local college. Not sure what to expect since im not getting picked up by anyone, but I keep trying haha.
    Stay strapped, or get clapped.

-George Washington

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      BP is a guaranteed hire if you can pass the hiring process. It isn't a competitive hire meaning there arent 100 spots and 500 applicants. There are more spots than applicants that can pass the hiring process. If you pass the entry exam and begin the hiring process and can finish that, you will be guaranteed a job offer.
      Good luck.
      Last edited by battlewagon; 05-29-2021, 10:40 PM.

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      battlewagon Thanks so much for the confidence. However, I'm worried about the BI because my work history seems to be what most local agencies get hung up on. I'm hoping BP being such a large agency thats in dire need of officers, they might overlook some of the work history stuff. I can pass everything else, and I have with other departments.

I am a tad confused, however. You say it is not competitive, yet if there are 500 apps and only 100 spots, does that mean its a time thing? Like the first 100 to successfully pass everything* get the spots? Thanks again for the reply! Sorry about the late re-reply. I hardly check this.
      Last edited by ZeroMood; 05-29-2021, 02:25 AM. Reason: Clarification

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Supposed to say aren't*, whoops. Edited.

As long as you're not being terminated from jobs, you're fine.

• ZeroMood
      ZeroMood commented
      Editing a comment
      battlewagon Oh, that makes much more sense, thank you! I was terminated from two jobs in total, once when i was 18, then again when i was like 19. Both might have been when i was 18, my point is i was young and just getting into the working world, and I think they'll see that. I also have reasons for both of them, but my hang up is always the length of my employments. So if they can get past that, I'll be golden.

• BPA VRA 21-1

Applied 10/4/20
    Application received 10/4/20
    Entrance Exam 10/31/20
    Entrance Exam 11/3/20 Passed

***Withdrew from Process 11/19/20

BPA VRA 21-4

Applied: 1/1/21
    Application: Received 1/14/21
    Entrance Exam: (Previous Exam Score taken)
    Entrance Exam: 1/15/21 Passed
    Tentative Selection: 1/21/21
    e-QIP: Submitted and Accepted 2/17/21
    Fingerprints: 2/19/21
    Medical: 3/15/21
    Medical: Complete 4/18/21
    Pre-Security Interview: 5/10/21
    Pre-Security Interview: Passed 5/10/21
    Drug Test:
    Polygraph: Scheduled 6/1/21 ****Passed
    Background Investigation:
    Fitness Exam: N/A (Military)
    Final Offer:

38% Percent Complete
    Last edited by Cruelfate; 06-01-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Maria00
      Maria00 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello , what’s is your region?
      Im in new york
      I applied since 2019 December
      Still waiting for poly appointment to continue but I have not heard from them.

• Do you have to be medically cleared before you can move forward to the SI? Still waiting to get medically cleared and scheduled for the SI.

Comment

• I got the call and chose Brownsville, Texas- GL-9. It's the bigger city out of the choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by slim8 View Post
        Do you have to be medically cleared before you can move forward to the SI? Still waiting to get medically cleared and scheduled for the SI.
        It seems like you do have to get cleared before you could move on to SI. At least that’s the trend I’ve seen to include myself.

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what happened with me. I wasn't sure if it was because of COVID or not, but it seems it's how they generally do things.

• Originally posted by HSIApplicant View Post
        I got the call and chose Brownsville, Texas- GL-9. It's the bigger city out of the choices.
        Nice, good luck bud. Do you have prior law enforcement experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruelfate View Post

Nice, good luck bud. Do you have prior law enforcement experience?
          Thanks. Yes, current LEO.

Comment

• Can someone who has knowledge of BPA process please squash a rumor going around.

***Background skipped or fast tracked because applicant is active National Guardsman with active security clearance.

I believe that BPA still has conduct full background regardless of who you are, what you have or where you come from.

Comment

• ZeroMood
              ZeroMood commented
              Editing a comment
              Not LE or anything, but that doesn't sound likely at all. Especially considering these last few years they decided to beef up the process. I doubt they're fast tracking anyone. The most I heard was being able to opt out of the Poly IF you have taken a Federal Poly.

• Page
              Page commented
              Editing a comment
              This "fast track" mentions characteristics and traits CBP believes makes it "more likely for an applicant to move through the hiring steps with little extra processing time." However, it does not mention anything about anyone skipping the background investigation because they are in the National Guard.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...ied-agents-and

• HeliDuck
              HeliDuck commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm Military with a clearance. I also have a TS/SCI completed by DEA. They didn't fast track anything for me, they did offer me the option to EOD before my BI was completed. I also didn't get to skip the Poly because you have to be currently working on the job that your TS/SCI matches. Since I'm not currently working for DEA, my current TS/SCI didn't enable me to skip Poly.

I EOD on July 9th for starting the Academy July 12th. I haven't even met with my background investigator yet.

• Has anyone gotten a NOPA?

Can someone familiar with the process PM me.

Comment

• @battlewagon Is McAllen still a good place to start out?, I passed the entry test back in March but had to reapply because of policy change from DHS. Submitted my application today and selected McAllen as a preferred station to start working.
            Last edited by Bidstar; 06-02-2021, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bidstar View Post
              @battlewagon Is McAllen still a good place to start out?, I passed the entry test back in March but had to reapply because of policy change from DHS. Submitted my application today and selected McAllen as a preferred station to start working.
              McAllen is probably one of the most choice stations on the line for the RGV sector, in my opinion and many agents I know. You'll have nearly no commute (5 minutes) from most of Mission and McAllen, it is a giant station for better or worse and has nearly all the details that other RGV stations don't have (dirtbikes, etc), is busy, and you'll learn a lot.

Negatives are the station has a lot of Xs (spots you get assigned to and park in your truck for your entire shift), and does a lot of processing, but that's all stations right now. Lots of guys would say Brownsville or far east stations are better, but they're painfully slow
              and living in Brownsville, meh. Weslaco often gets a vote for best station on the line. But I'd rather live in McAllen, and therefore work there, than live in McAllen and commute to WSL, 30-45 minutes one way.

Definitely better than Falfurrias.

Congrats, good luck at the academy. You better have been running and PTing during this application process.
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• BPA VRA 21-3

Applied:
                6DEC2020
                Entrance Exam: 18DEC2020
                Tentative Selection: 23DEC2020
                e-QIP: Submitted and Accepted 4JAN2021
                Fingerprints: ? I don't remember doing these.
                Medical: 9MAR2021
                Pre-Security Interview: 11MAR2021
                Structured Interview: 11MAR2021
                Polygraph: 4MAY2021
                Drug Test: 21MAY2021
                Fitness Exam 1: 7JUN2021
                Background Investigation: ? I haven't met with investigator yet.
                Final Offer: 11JUN2021

Duty Location: Yuma AZ
                EOD: 9JUL2021
                Academy: 12JUL2021 to 10JAN2022

Comment

• Chris423x
                  Chris423x commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How long did it take you to get a provisional clear once you completed your fitness exam? I completed my drug test & recertified my Eqip all I'm waiting is for a background investigation. I'm a Federal LE employee with LE experience and a Military reservist.

• Please provide some insight.

It's been a week since receiving my final offer. I asked Training and Scheduling Unit for guidance about EOD. They told me since I'm within 30 days of reporting I will get further guidance. So far, nothing.

One of my concerns. I live in South Carolina, I'm suppose to report to Yuma AZ on July 9th, then report to Artesia NM on July 12th.
                1. Is it standard practice to report to duty location before having to report to the academy? I was hoping to take my POV.
                2. Packing List, required items, prohibited item (besides obvious things)
                3. I'll take any advice or information you are willing to share
                Last edited by HeliDuck; 06-17-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeliDuck View Post
                  Please provide some insight.

It's been a week since receiving my final offer. I asked Training and Scheduling Unit for guidance about EOD. They told me since I'm within 30 days of reporting I will get further guidance. So far, nothing.

One of my concerns. I live in South Carolina, I'm suppose to report to Yuma AZ on July 9th, then report to Artesia NM on July 12th.
                  1. Is it standard practice to report to duty location before having to report to the academy? I was hoping to take my POV.
                  2. Packing List, required items, prohibited item (besides obvious things)
                  3. I'll take any advice or information you are willing to share

1. Yes, the agency will transport you to the academy. They do all your EOD paperwork and whatnot at your sector before academy, do some basic drill movements for those who have never done that type of thing before, etc.

If your sector will allow you to park your POV at sector HQ, which they may not, you can catch a flight Friday on a three day weekend out of Roswell, NM and fly back to Yuma and drive back. Yuma to Roswell is less than 12 hours so you could possibly even do it on a normal weekend. This is what a lot of guys did, or sold their cars, went to the academy, and bought something locally there. Worse case is no car but you're just fine without one. The fletc busses take you to Walmart and restaurants, and there's nothing to do in Artesia or worthwhile in Roswell, so not being able to get there on your own terms in your POV isn't that bad.

They very commonly don't send info until a week or two beforehand, which is bad practice but is what it is unfortunately.

I would pack the things you want. Bring a laptop, etc. But know your bags may or may not be getting tossed so pick your items accordingly and pack then safely inside the suitcases.

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3869 users online. 280 members and 3589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X